Ridehax Podcast (was :Endless Sphere Podcast / Ebike Nerdcast)

No complaint(s) - just kicking some tires for ideas. I do appreciate your hard work and thank you for re-explaining your mission statement. 'didn't realize the once per month plan. And I do like the radio program feel of your show.

Thanks for your good work!

Awesome job guys great to hear from the ThudSTeR ;)

KiM

Ykick said:
No complaint(s) - just kicking some tires for ideas. I do appreciate your hard work and thank you for re-explaining your mission statement. 'didn't realize the once per month plan. And I do like the radio program feel of your show.

Thanks for your good work!

No worries man, love the feedback.

Thanks, guys? Who's next? Got time for another before Iceland, grinder?

Thud, on racing, I was curious - I find when riding in dense traffic, my vision goes wide, general, so I can pick up any unusual motions, not focusing on any particular thing. Perhaps it's different on the track tho. Since we talked about racing in the podcast, I thought I'd ask. Do you know what I'm talking about? Just curious how the eye works. Perhaps we've got a predator mode and prey mode?

Greg,
There is definatly a "preditor" gene in the human responce system.
When you become totaly comitied to a situation, you really get to feel instincts kick in. It is much more than just an adrenilen rush. In that primal responce, you become "Hyper-focused" & your brain will definatly proccess all the occular input for desicion making. I don't know if the field of vision actualy increases or if we just preceive things better in those moments.

I definatly know what your talking about, racing will get you the same effect along with big game hunting. (especialy archery)

No time to do another show before Iceland unfortunately :( I'm super swamped. Let's knock on Justin's door again to see if he's able to join us sometime soon.

I totally hear you guys on the predator reaction.

I need to get downloading, I'm 2 behind on nerdcasts!

+1 on the predator like heightening of senses. I'd liken it to terminator style vision as well - rapidly scanning and analysing everything around me.
I normally ride on auto pilot for much of the time but yeah, when I'm going at high speed around traffic or about to do something dicey I go into terminator mode - scanning every car on the road, parked cars, cars in driveways that might potentially come out, pedestrians that might step under me, side streets ahead where cars are likely blindly pull out on me etc.

just got around to listening to the thud podcast, very cool to hear from the man, didn't realise he was such a noob in all this? of course it helps being a hobbyist in the RC world first as most of our bikes are RC hybrids in reality :lol: , looking forward to the next one guys, need to pin Justin Lemoire down guys he is a must! and will probably have enough for more than 1 podcast!! go get him guys!! tell him I sent you :mrgreen:

My girlfriend hates the show. In addition to being fun listening for me, i can also use it as a coercion tool to get her to do the dishes.

Keep up the good work Tony, there are dishes that need to be done in this house.

neptronix said:
My girlfriend hates the show. In addition to being fun listening for me, i can also use it as a coercion tool to get her to do the dishes.

Keep up the good work Tony, there are dishes that need to be done in this house.

Hah! Lovit. :twisted:

well, just got done recording, phew, lots of me rambling on about stuff, should have maybe done this in the morning lol.. I picked up a metal shed kit today wit 1000 lbs of cinder blocks for a floor, had to haul the whole thing myself, twice... beat.. tired.. but we got'er done !! :eek:

You did a fantastic job Gaston!

The episode is live! : http://troyrank.com/2011/07/15/episode-13/

And the for the record I did get to editing it last night, but I went to bed before the MP3 compression was done:)

Left a little trailer-park-boys talk in there at the end ... :lol:

Hey 8) loved the podcast guys! great to hear from Gaston in such detail too, I could listen to him all day long :mrgreen: a proper legend IMHO, great job on the podcast guys a really nicely pitched show with some well researched questions for the guest.

I forgot that Ypedal was Buzz on the VV forum :lol: :roll: ahh yes and I do know exactly what the situation was with Ken from VV also, all I will say is you need to get stevil on for your next show :lol: he is the man to ask :)

To be honest though VV forum as it was pails in to insignificance when you compare it to the behemoth that ES has now become, this is by far the largest pool of information out there in this hobby.

One thing I will say that a lot of members such as Justin and others like Jozzer et al dont post a huge amount on here because a lot of companies and ev developers poach ideas from this forum without any interaction, I have seen this quite a bit for myself so If you have a good idea sure share the concept but if you want to make anything from it dont post the details 8) you need to get Jozzer on the next podcast, maybe with Stevil as a guest.

Great job again fellas, hope you enjoy the rest of the vacation Gaston, I am back to work tomorrow after a week off down on the coast with my lady and my baby son, it was great though as I had a pass out every morning and got to ride the coast on my BMX, video to come!

Knoxie

Thx guys, it's strange hearing yourself on playback, i have to listen to my recorded calls at work ( Phone tech support ) and never get used to it.. I talk too fast lol..

Any chance we could get Steve Head on here ? He was one if not the first to run Crystalyte hubs at 72v, and the dual speed motors, the Dirt Monkey is what finally made me fork up the $$$ for a 72v system, i still have his old video's on file.. should load those up on youtube if he's ok with it.. ( I think they were on google video back some time ago.. )

A podcast for Q&A tech/general stuff might be another idea.

Ypedal said:
Thx guys, it's strange hearing yourself on playback
Lol. I can't stand listening to myself either, at first because of my voice, but more and more by the things i said! :mrgreen:

But I do enjoy doing them tho... :lol:

Hi Y

Yes Steve Head and the dirt monkey was a very early player and I used to drool over that bike and esp the batteries (the evercells! crikey that was a long time ago) I met up with him a few years ago and we made a few videos, he is such a nice guy although I dont think he does anything with them now, I havent heard from him for a while but I do have a couple of numbers for him so I will try and get hold of him as he would be a great guest as he really was one of the earliest folks using lithium on their ebikes.

I am pretty sure he wouldnt mind you posting some of the clips, he has deleted some of them off Google video he did have loads on there, I was quite near to him the other day when I was on my holiday, he lives in Plymouth which is a nice coastal town down in the south, both his little Dirt Monkey bikes were such fun to ride.

The other thing that might maybe explain his absence was the fact he was thinking of emigrating too, I think Australia? do they have the internet in Australia :wink:

If you search for Dirt Monkey on google video you can still see some of his videos, I will send a text message and see if I get any joy.

Knoxie

Back