Roadrash's Enduro ebike build

I decided to get one of these to see what the quality is like, so far from what i can tell its perfect. :D Nice welds, lighter than a vector and a wider battery compartment at 140mmIMG_19991231_192618.jpgIMG_20150610_122456.jpgIMG_20150610_140318.jpgIMG_19991231_193031.jpgIMG_19991231_192704.jpgIMG_19991231_192815.jpgIMG_19991231_192930.jpgIMG_19991231_192921.jpgIMG_20150610_144019.jpgIMG_19991231_192618.jpg

Its made by electric enduro in china

Cost was 635 shipped to me door in less than a week :D

I am thinking about a group buy on these...Cost would be $550 or less shipped. What do you think?

Some pics
The-electric-bike-frame-with-48v-30ah-lithium-battery-pack-in-side-for-2000w-3000w-electric.jpgThe-electric-bframe-with-48v-30ah-lithium-battery-pack-in-side-for-2000w-3000w-electric.jpg

If ya dont mind me askin roadrash,i went lookin but couldnt find a wheelbase measurement.

Yea it looks like a nice bike and the packaging is impressive.

Id just want to make sure it would take a beating and hold a cromotor.

How much did they charge for shipping? What is the max size chainring ? 13.5kg? I thought Vector was lighter than that (9kg?).

exe said:
How much did they charge for shipping? What is the max size chainring ? 13.5kg? I thought Vector was lighter than that (9kg?).

Shipping and paypal fees were $185

No idea on the chainring yet

I have read in the vector thread that the vector is more than 9kg. Anyway below is the message from the manufacture.

1.The width of the 5000w ebike frame without the side cover is 110mm.And yes,vector frame is 125mm wide without the covers.And the frame are almost identical.But our ebike frame with the side cover is 140mm,we can put more battery by this design and Vector's ebike frame with the side cover is only 125mm,so less battery they can put.

2.The weight of our ebike frame is 13.5kgs is for the ebike frame include the packaging.And for the net weight of our ebike frame is only 10kgs,but vector's ebike frame is 11.5kgs.So our ebike frame is more light,about 1.5kgs lighter than vector.

Looking good Roadrash, and the price is right. How does the head tube angle compare to other in-frame battery bay ebikes...Stealth, Vector, etc? My fast street machines have a much shallower head tube angle for stability at high speed, but I don't know what's good for an on/offroad ebike.

Almost bought one but at that time they were still in production. So went with vector instead. Are you able to use custom bottom bracket? Are the side cover and rear swing arm compatable to vector frame?

Wow that was a quick build! looks awesome in black,looks like its got a long wheelbase all pluses in my book. 8)

That does look good minus the low rider look. My EVelbike is way up there (I'm 6'4") and I'm constantly hitting my peddle on the concrete.

Can you build me a 21" front rim with DH hub for my bike?

Nice bike!

Tom

litespeed said:
That does look good minus the low rider look. My EVelbike is way up there (I'm 6'4") and I'm constantly hitting my peddle on the concrete.

Can you build me a 21" front rim with DH hub for my bike?

Nice bike!

Tom

Sure can! Just let me know when

litespeed said:

Yeah mine is low for the moment.

Wasn't sure how it would sit when i mounted the shock and surprisingly it doesn't hit the peddles on the ground. Going to raise it up tomorrow before a build a kick stand mount

Thanks roadrash.will be nice to see the inside of the battery box with everything in it.

beast775 said:
Thanks roadrash.will be nice to see the inside of the battery box with everything in it.

Going a different direction with batteries

This is a 18650 5s pack made with Samsungs i just put together this morning

When done the bike will have 20s20p 18650 for 50ah, 20s2p 10ah lipo to reduce voltage sag and take the strain off the 18650 cells....Total of 60ah :mrgreen:

IMG_20150618_124713.jpgIMG_20150618_124741.jpg

Nice build there. Can you explain that battery? You will use both 18650's and Lipo batteries?
You do this to make sure you draw as much amp as possible during acceleration for quickest acceleration? How will you wire up that? And what benefits are you expecting to see from using such a hybrid battery? Improved life cycles? Higher total C rating meaning "more power faster"?

Funny how you said, Just whipped up a pack of samsungs this morning :lol: jeez id be 5 days doing that if im lucky,im one of those can weld but cant solder kinda folk.batteries have taken a interesting twist,cant wait to see some numbers from this high amp hr block.what happened to the first slick battery you built?

Hi there Roadrash. I'm new to the forum, but I came across this exact same frame from the Evelbike web site and I'm very interested to see how your build goes. I've built my own titanium and carbon fibre road bikes before, and I know all about Lipos from large scale RC cars, but this ebike stuff is new to me and I'm so glad I found this forum.

Mind if I ask :

How robust are the plastic side fittings to the frame?

Did you get the fork with the frameset?

That's a nice front chainset with the rock guard on it - again mind if I ask where you got it?

Cheers

N

How has that Electric Enduro been treating you? Roadrash
Nice looking bike there.

Looks like EM3EV.com is going to sell these too.

http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=209

...and
http://evelbike.com/catalog/accessories/frameset/electric-enduro-bike-frameset/

Roadrash,
It's hard to tell from the picture, but I would like to know if the headset is 1.5" straight tube or 1 1/8 - 1.5" tapered headset. It comes with adapter to fit 1 1/8 straight steer tube or taper steer tube, right? Thanks.

Back