Ruined $150 Shimano Deore hydraulic brakes

Not long, but it's enough to really accelerate at a stop light. Especially with the electric assist. It also has the benefit of making you more stealthy. Like "hey officer im just fast!" :lol coming straight on, people just look at your pedals most of the time. It's eye catching.

I hardly ever ride on the side walk. I hate it, there is always glass debree, were on a fault line so the sidewalks are crumbling, and it's just safer to ride on the road where you're more visible. I need the speed to keep up with traffic, so I don't get whizzed. This baby can handle 35 mph no problem. The brakes are the weak link.

Last time I got pulled over the cop was just scratching his head, didn't even ask if it was an ebike and have me a fix it ticket for not having a red light on the back. :lol:

I guess it's worth a try to buy that dual pull lever and hook up both a rim and a disc brake up front. No use speculating about how it works or if it creates DOUBLE (2X) braking power. I like those sunlight levers because there's a mechanism inside that helps get your cable pull ratios exact.

so I'll have the two up front and the rear rim brake always.

The price difference is staggering $300 for a top of the line "certified" down hill brake from either magura, hope tech, or Shimano

OR ... $20 for a lever and $70 for the Avid BB7s. Chalo is this the correct caliper I should buy?

https://www.windsorbikeandsport.com/product/avid-bb7-mtn-cable-disc-brake-caliper-332551-1.htm?variations=2996714,2996715&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4b2MBhD2ARIsAIrcB-QfGHHmmHCmOXxvxTg4nuYkOuiP2MeVg9q89um_HB-mApWROa22CQIaAta5EALw_wcB

MarkJohnston said:
OR ... $20 for a lever and $70 for the Avid BB7s. Chalo is this the correct caliper I should buy?

https://www.windsorbikeandsport.com/product/avid-bb7-mtn-cable-disc-brake-caliper-332551-1.htm?variations=2996714,2996715&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4b2MBhD2ARIsAIrcB-QfGHHmmHCmOXxvxTg4nuYkOuiP2MeVg9q89um_HB-mApWROa22CQIaAta5EALw_wcB

Use the BB7 MTN caliper if you match it with a linear pull/long pull lever. Use the BB7 RD if you match it with a traditional pull/short pull lever.

If I were starting from scratch, I'd use a BB7 MTN caliper and an Avid Speed Dial lever.

Back