Should I even Bother?- Question about used batteries and resistances.

Okay so new options opened up because I looked through my stash of chargers- not good to know that I've hit that point of my hoarding :LOL:

I forgot that awhile ago I found and bought a (Laughably named) LAGENDARY LG240 Dual, who's manual you can read Right here. Notably it can do 6S charging on a single port and can alter it's charge voltage- I played with it last night and it claims to be able to charge to 4.1v no problem, and can alter it's charge voltage by factors of hundreths of a volt (so I can do 4.05 if desired). If it works fine, I can scrub the "need" for the BMS and just use it for balancing, though I'll need a 6S JST and to make charging wires for the charger itself.

It seems the LTT BMS I linked does balancing above 4 volts, so charging to 4.05-4.1 volts routinely is perfectly fine.
Yes, but it does it at the miserable pace of 50-60mA according to its datasheet.
That is quite low, which means it will take a very long time to get the cells equalized.

The ANT BMS can balance up to 200mA, so that's around 4 times faster. Balancing speed is relatively important if you are using old cells. I find the ANT BMS is already a bit slow, so I can't imagine using something that's 4 times slower...

Yes, but it does it at the miserable pace of 50-60mA according to its datasheet.
That is quite low, which means it will take a very long time to get the cells equalized.

The ANT BMS can balance up to 200mA, so that's around 4 times faster. Balancing speed is relatively important if you are using old cells. I find the ANT BMS is already a bit slow, so I can't imagine using something that's 4 times slower...
I'm finding several data sheets of the ANT saying it only balances at 60mA, like this one here. Did they change their balancing current?
Also I'm not immediately seeing at what voltage the BMS begins automatic balancing.

I'm finding several data sheets of the ANT saying it only balances at 60mA, like this one here.
Ah sorry, I'm used to the 300A version of this BMS, I never tried the lower power ones. On the 300A the balancing current is 200mA (unless they changed it recently, but at least I can say it was 200mA on all of my 3 BMSs ;) )

Also I'm not immediately seeing at what voltage the BMS begins automatic balancing.
It is programmable, you can set it to any voltage you want

Last edited:
1000003230.jpg
1000003233.jpg

You weren't kidding Dui Ni, the opus can't test jack! All these cells were fully charged more than a year ago and shoved into a basement- they're all testing between 51-55 miliohm in resistance and most have even kept their charge at over 4.1v. I've now begun discharging them down to 3.6 properly, but these cells must have been brand goddamn new when I tore them out.

A&S powers are next. If they're all rating at ~55 for resistance, I'll go ahead on this idea.

1000003228.jpg
Also lol, they punched out the plastic but not.all the way.

Back