Skeetab's FUTR Beta Build

So my birthday was last week...Long story short I found out from a police officer my license was expired since it was after my Bday and I didn't even notice. So today I had to take the EBIKE in the rain to the registry of motor vehicles! My ass was soaked in a matter of seconds since this bad boy has no fenders. I may need to shop around for some options. Also Im sure a lot of you deal with this paranoia...With all the money we spend on these darn bikes I don't even trust leaving it anywhere even while its locked...especially in downtown Worcester near the registry!!!

But it was locked and no one stole it, just expressing how I feel when I leave my $4k machine sitting unattended :)

drew12345 said:
Nice build!

Thanks Drew!

One other thing to note was that the Patterson transmission is always in high gear since there is no room for the gearing on this frame. So starts from a stop require a lot more wattage from the battery, but once I get going this crank is awesome! I was pedaling with the bike at 33mph today and I wasn't even moving my legs fast! This is really exciting for me since I used to love to Faux pedal while cruising down the roads since it makes it look like I'm a normal cyclist(sort of) Now that I have the Patterson transmission I actually can assist the bike at my normal riding speeds.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this LUNA battery. I went for a ride yesterday just to Mcdonalds and back for lunch since road construction is so bad in the city its quicker on the bike. It was around 75v when I left. and with a 12 fet lyen pulling no more than 30-35 amps it drops all the way to 66v my LVC on the CA was cutting it out.

I haven't had enough time to get a full discharge in, but a 9v drop usually means big problems. Lets hope this thing is not a lemon. My Greenworks battery was better than this thing seems

Ya this LUNA battery is frocked up...Fully charged to 83.5v I twist the throttle fully and it hits 69v....

Im going to have to open it up... Its a shame it hasn't even propelled me 10 miles. Who made out on this deal?

Why you think they will replace it?

Sent them an email and a link to my thread. I will see what they say first... I can tell you now I will not be paying to ship my battery back for repairs.

Exactly what I expected. They want me to mail the thing 3000 miles across the USA so they can inspect it. They cannot promise anything until they see the same results I am describing. So even if they decide its bad which they may not...never know I will be out $20 more bucks and have to wait a few weeks.

This is what I get for buying a cheap 18650 pack. I typically try to build my own.

Sorry to hear about the disappoint battery results! Please make sure you take photos if you are going to take it apart. It's always interesting to see what battery producers are doing these days.

I'm still farting round over brakes. I've noticed you've used two different rotors ~180mm? Is there any chance of detailing what they are and the width of their brake track (width of the surface around the rotor available to the pad for braking) and did you notice any difference between the two?

Annd... hows the hydraulics treating you?

Not sure of my rotor sizes ill have to check that, but on a serious not. My ride on friday my rear disc rotor lost 5 out of the 6 bolts that hold it to my hub motor and the 6th one was so lose the thing was barely haning in there! I didn't even notice the entire ride until i stopped to bring it in the house I noticed a weird noise in the rear end.

I love the $60 Shimano hydraulic brakes they work super good for what they are/cost! Much better than the avid mechanicals

Had an hour to kill so i took the FUTR Beta out for a LUNA pack check. The battery seems to have a huge voltage drop under load even with just a 12fet controller. Towards the end of my ride it was 61volts under load and when I let off the throttle it raises to 71volts. Seems something is not right. Either way i took some nice shots of the trip. My chain only fell off once during an extremely bumpy/rocky trail.

IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg
Leaves are already changing...
IMG_0023.jpg

Nice bike...
Why did you change the forx?? I agree, it looked better with the 2" taller Marzocchi..
Maybe you wouldn't need such a long and high rise stem, with the old fork. My two cents is I liked the front (fork & stem) better in the first pictures.
If this was my ride, I would also paint the sidewalls of the rear rim black.. Maybe just plastidip it..
Otherwise I think the build is coming along nicely..
I wish you the best with the battery problem.. No fun when the heart of the bike lets you down...

Ya I like the look better before but it was a heavier older fork with tons of travel I didn't need since I ride a lot of road and packed trail. Also I wasn't a fan of the triple tree hitting the frame and losing turn radius.

I just made the mistake of getting a 100mm travel jumper fork instead of the dnm 130 everyone else got. It is a great fork, I just don't like the bike sitting forward like this

The battery is a little disappointing but I think my expectations were too high, the website claims 50a cont on a 4p pack is just bullshit obviously.

Old video i'm just getting around to processing, nothing new just found old footage on my laptop figured id post it so it doesn't go to waste...
[youtube]F0J5fV1U0KE[/youtube]

fwiw, it looks like your pics are hosted on google somewhere, rather than attached to your posts here on es (and thus saved with the post). i can't view them even if i copy the image url and paste them into the url bar of the browser. so they're either missing from those specific links, or you don't have permissions set to allow others to view them.

it's also possible that google changed something (even just one character) in those ********extremely******** long urls, whcih means no link using the previous url will work anymore.

or they may have disabled external site access to pics on their servers, like photobucket did.

so while your pics may still be out there on google's servers, you'd have to find them on whatever webpage you used to upload them, and then relink them in each of your posts so that everyone can see them again.

instead, i would recommend that you always attach your pics direclty to your posts, so that anyone that can see the post can see the pics.

Back