SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Sat April 7th 2012 Grange Racetra

Grange Raceway E-bike contestants (April 7, 2012)

#103-Stevil_Knevil (on Greyborg)
3645_#103.jpg
#120 -
3811_#120.jpg
#112 -
View attachment 3
#112 -
3878_#112.jpg
101-Etard

more to follow...

Don't forget there is always the Riverside races being put on by Bairdco the first weekend in June. I ran that track in the rain and it seems to be a good track too. Of course, I appreciate that its only 45 minutes from my house. :mrgreen:

Grange Raceway E-bikes - April 7, 2012 (continued)

#116-Farfle
3535_#116.jpg
#116-Farfle
3689_#116.jpg
#116-Farfle
3534_#116.jpg

more to follow...

liveforphysics said:
I wouldnt even show up for an electric vs electric race. They are all my friends, I cant get in kill-mode or even motivated to race them. When its electrics racing gas bikes head to head, I go nuts for it and cant get enough, and no price is too much to pay for the experience.
Just watching your video w/rear view perspective shows the incredible thrill E has over G.

Acceleration is nuts! Slow motion G & insane E speed acceleration w/disappearing acts making Griders turn into dust then specks of nothingness in rear-view. :shock:

Simply awesome! Luke. :twisted:

Can't wait for more video like this & someday with you having a perfect race that you want to finish too! :D

Alan B said:
Nice Pics. Are you the guy with the Canon DSLR I talked to?
Thanks Alan, and yes we spoke over Stevil_Knevil's Greyborg build.

100-liveforphysics, 3-scotto
3453_#100,#3.jpg
113-zombiess bike (rider = Ryan), #174, 3-scotto
3685_#113,#174,#3.jpg
113-zombiess bike (rider = Ryan)
3701_#113.jpg
114-SoSauty
3845_#114.jpg
103-Stevil_Knevil, #?-acuteaero
3601_#103,#xxx.jpg

acuteaero said:
E-Ticket said:
103-Stevil_Knevil, ???-uncertain

It's me... Look at those nice un-gloved hands! Time to crash it!

Quotes were messed up, fixed in this post, those are E-Ticket's excellent photos. Nice talking to you! So many great folks at the race! Glad I went, even though it cost a bundle of time and gas, it was great to get out and see it and get a chance to meet folks and chat!

Acuteaero - OUCH. It hurts to just think about it. Hope you are healing well. Great meeting and talking with you. We should do a ride sometime. Maybe the loop around Briones and SP Reservoir, my place is just a couple miles from the west edge of it.

acuteaero said:
E-Ticket said:
Alan B said:
103-Stevil_Knevil, ???-uncertain

It's me... Look at those nice un-gloved hands! Time to crash it!

Im glad i was able to pesuade you into wearing my body armor, it could have been a lot worse than your hand was after i inspected the body armor when i got home. Has some nice battle scars on the plastic now and a little ripped mesh. Mesh is a easy fix with some thread, plastic has speed grooves. It's still in good shape so dont feel bad about it, it did its job. Last year jay64 let me use and bleed in his custom made leathers and didnt care one bit. Sharing is caring. I just wish i would have noticed your lack of gloves so i could have reminded you. Skinned hands hurt so bad. Hope you are healing well.

#62 - "Juicer" retro-styled e-bike
3415_#62.jpg
#62 - "Juicer" retro-styled e-bike
3380_#62.jpg
LFP shooting GoPro video
3392_LFP_shooting_video.jpg
#110 bike
3464_#110.jpg
acuteaero
3493_#xxx.jpg

Way to make a good showing guys. Wish I could have made it!

Ed, I missed you there!
As always I got busy and not as social as I hoped. A classy little 1982? Girelli crashed me and so had to spend too much time trying to affect a repair plus scorekeeping. I think I DQ'ed him later for wearing white socks with dark pants (just kidding, racing was a blast, the best yet).

Nicobie, I have to take much of the blame for the E's not getting recognition. Scoring as it is, I noticed that not so much as the last column on the score pages were filled in. Also, during the riders' meeting, riders were asked to check the posted score sheets to verify finishes and include their names aside their race numbers. I only noticed about 5 of the 60+ racers did so. I must've done something wrong and will try new techniques come June 2nd :oops:

If no racers raise some kane 'bout the score sheets being incomplete;
If few racers verify their finish position and write their forum or 1st name by their number;
Then the promoter doesn't have much to rely on to recognize the several sub-groups there racing.

The mo-peds had a larger contingent than the e-bikes and provided some impressive racing just as the E-s did. As well the trouphy maker stipulated, "these are for gas bikes" and I think it's great that he (?Rusk) put in the effort to make the event more memorable for his buds. Though the mopes didn't get any recognition either, you can bet they will be playing a role in building up the motored bike racing scene in the near future.

And so shall we. MBR doesn't hold a grudge against the ES crowd, most folks here are pretty supportive and cool. We certainly can put together ways to recognize our own racers, just as the gassers have been doing and the mopes will on June 2. If we race as equals and worthy sportsmen, there's some great racing ahead for everyone.

This is my belief in the ES crowd;
1 Someone will step forward to organize some recognition to include us E-racers, could be just putting on a photo op in conjunction with reward ceremony.
(we have loads of photo/video talent in our midsts) Seems MBR would appreciate some assistance.
2 Doggone it, walk by the posted score sheets and demand completed, timely posted scores. Provide encouragement with your constructive critisism and bet cha' there will be posted results next race.
(a tempory scoreboard will be placed along the fence trackside for more convenient posting for scorers and racer viewing)

Pitch in and make it happen. Even if you're ambivalent, how can you not get hooked on this sport once you've invested some of yourself making it better :?:

Have you seen the sheets from the Finals, Will? I did.

Your buddy, Neil, has also seen them. I know this because I pulled them from the board and walked right up to to him to ask a few questions. Top of the list was, "Since I won this race and you gave the First Place Trophy to the guy who finished second, can I keep this as mine?"

Neil said, "No.." he would make a copy for me, and post on E-S that I had won the race.

Been a few weeks now ..no official results have been posted.. not even a word from the OP :roll:

1 less SoCal eMBR'er, -S

No I haven't Stevil,

All sheets were sacked up and handed off to MBR. Actually, I think that's 1 of the changes needed, that more than 1 person should have their hands on results, whether it's me or someone else, not right that 1 person shoulders all aspects of the event. In the future, no reason why results can't be posted the evening of the race, next day latest. I'll print multiple result pages for future races and suggest all interested gather at a table to hash out a few copies.

I did see the sheets, but only recall some with the finishing order column partially filled in. In general, most info should be there to piece together a rough draft of the finishing order to be posted. So I for one, want the info. to take all names, finishes from past races, all radar data, and crunch (my primevil analysis) to see where improvements for racing categories might be made.

The posting of results is rather tardy, certainly changes are being contemplated. I'm not 1 to judge until all facts are known, then only if its to make improvement. I wish to especially avoid critisizing the kidos who labored beyond their maturity to provide score sheets with the finishing order for most racing laps. (and the lady in black dress (El Vira), drat I'm bad about names)

Supervision of volunteers is highly unpredictable. Could be the result scores are incomplete. I have a whoever complains about the cook gets to do the dishes approach; want to encourage legitimate discontent to become action. That's to help this event be about how a racing community comes together.

In the spirit of give and take, your wheel give away was a worthy act, hope you lace up a 24" wheel in the future (my wheel size :wink: ), whether for SoCal or Bairdco or wherever!

11 HP Unofficial Results
:arrow: 174 Tomahawk Mope (actually unscored unlimited hp & no pedals)
1st :arrow: 113 Zombiess Greyborg/hubzilla & his jockey; legit 7.5K (100 Luke unlimited hp E dropped out around lap 7/8)
2nd :arrow: 3 Scotto on big thumper
3rd :arrow: 116 Farfle on his cool E
4th :arrow: 98 Nashmoto on big thumper

Mid-size Unofficial Results
1st :arrow: 103 Stevil Kinevil Greyborg
2nd :arrow: 17 Roland 4stroke Showbike
3rd :arrow: 191 uncertain moped
4th :arrow: 82 AGK Shane 99cc 4stroke
5th :arrow: 169 ???

<50cc Unofficial Results
1st :arrow: 98 Nashmoto 49ccHonda Nuvinci hub (he lapped #114!)
(6 was non-score 66cc 2stroke; 200 moped unreadable # plate, scorer confusion w/ 2nd #200 in class (+ white socks w/ dark pants, kidding))
2nd :arrow: 114 SoSauty BPM 1.7K E-commuter
3rd :arrow: 16 Timm 49cc4stroke Showbike
4th :arrow: 112 Cargo E-bike
5th :arrow: 72 4strWhizzer

And, see Luke's live action vid in color mentioned below :!:

I have video of the finishes, that is the correct result list.

The winner of the bicycles rider on Zombiess bike is named Ryan.

Thanks for posting the race results you are aware of, SoSauty, and congrats on the podium finish in your class 8)

I grabbed a yellow flag and headed to do turn work (have 1st responder training from my volunteer firefighter days) @ turn one for the Unlimited Class race.

Plenty of fun was had by all, just a bit disappointed by the way race results were handled ..definitely room for improvement :D

Back