SoCal Race ROLL CALL April 7th 2012 at Grange Race Track.

MotorBicycleRacing said:
Only 13 days to go to the Race.
Lots of new fast gas bikes racing for the first time.

Check out the very trick machining work on this GC 190 Honda Felt Slater bike.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.255308297896851.60146.220123641415317&type=1&l=0fa1249810

551134_255308834563464_220123641415317_538394_359759770_n.jpg

Wow now I can appreciate that! Nice bike! Would make a fun commuter if its not too loud! Lol!

That IS awesome. I want to electrify that.

Thanks to Neil and all the other helpers for running the event.

Next time we should do our own awards to avoid any issues. That might be the best way to avoid problems. I would hope that acknowledgment of actual finishing order would be appropriate, but that any restrictions on the awards just be made clear in advance, the donors should have some say in how their donations are awarded. It also doesn't do a lot of good for an ebiker to win gasser parts, for example. :) Perhaps there should be certificates which are awarded for the official recognition of results, and the actual prizes would have their donor's stipulations.

It was interesting to watch the gas bikes and the ebikes vie. The watercooled 49cc moped (with no pedals, so why do they call it a moped?) really was smoking. Fun to watch, like a pro on an amateur circuit. Behind him the gassers and electrics had a great battle, and Luke struggled to avoid smoke. In the end smoke prevailed for Luke. One thing I didn't understand is at the end they started giving the checkered flag to gassers that were a lap down, so perhaps they got the finishing order messed up.

It was fun, but it is a very long drive. We made it to Tulare before getting too tired to continue.

etard said:
Don't count Thud out just yet, he is crazy enough to show up Saturday morning dropped out of a helicopter with some crazy dual motor BMX bike ready to race. :mrgreen:

Cmon, Thud, it's now or never! :twisted:

This was all I could think about when that big chinook did a flyby. Standing there on the ground going WTF he wasnt kidding

Farfle said:
etard said:
Don't count Thud out just yet, he is crazy enough to show up Saturday morning dropped out of a helicopter with some crazy dual motor BMX bike ready to race. :mrgreen:

Cmon, Thud, it's now or never! :twisted:

This was all I could think about when that big chinook did a flyby. Standing there on the ground going WTF he wasnt kidding

LMAO!
But seriously....wednsday I really had a fight in my head regarding throwing the bully into the pick up & making a blitzkreig run to the coast...unfortunaly cooler heads prevailed (depending on your perpspective) I have to be in chi town monday morning & would have been shot for work if had tried it....( & have more than a little e'splaining to the better 1/2 also...blowing all the house renovation dollars on gasoline to race an ellectric bike LOL) But i still wish i had done it! old age is a real barrier to free spiritedness. I know I woulda loved being there.

I carefully analyzed this trip ahead of time, the time from work and from some other projects, fuel and other costs, driving time, etc and decided I could not justify it. Decided not to go.

Then was talking about it with the wife late thursday night and she talked me into going. It was crazy, worked a half day friday, drove 8 hours each way, she drove a lot of it, burned a lot of gas and a couple overnight stays, but it was

ALL WORTH IT.

Thanks to the wife, and thanks all, had a great time. Maybe next time I'll bring my bike and trailer and generator. :)

I took a lot of pictures, not sure yet if they are any good, hard to really tell in the bright sun, haven't looked at them yet. No video this time, should have but just didn't get to it.

Left my green director's folding camp chair there, wonder if anyone picked it up?

Back