SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Sat April 7th 2012 Grange Racetra

AlanB, thanks for the photo's. Zombies beat me to posting his ride in the (rickshaw?.....Hurse? LOL!)
Any way, I got a kick out of the expresion of sheer Joy on sosauty's face in one of them.

Thats what its all about! only way to experiance it is participation. Its really not all about the speed.

Uploading 96 more photos now (about 200 total at this point), up through the monster helicopter that circled the track. This group includes the race that Stevil dominated. I included most of the final sequence at 2 FPS where Stevil was wondering where everyone went, plus his victory wheelie - dance at the finish line.

Thanks for coming out Alan and also taking the pictures. It was great meeting you and hearing about some of the science work you are working on as well, I love that kind of stuff. We have so many uber geeks on this board and I've learned so much from many on here. ES is certainly my favorite boards because we have so many people on here with so much skill and knowledge all connected by the fun of ebikes.

can't wait to see some footage from lukes double go-pro!

Arlo1 said:

Here is heat#1.

[youtube]_H0H6fvb5aM[/youtube]

That's about it for my photos. 298 posted of 1567 taken. Hopefully enough to give folks a flavor of being there, but the GoPro onboard videos are really something. Hopefully there will be a few more videos, and other stills as well. There were a few folks there with cameras, some of them pretty serious. Looking forward to see more!

Im not so sure about the rigid frame etard, the zip-tie on the front fork was pushed down 7 inches or so, and the rear shock has been bottomed out at least once, as the rear shock bottom out bumper was mashed all the way down. That track was pretty rough.

liveforphysics said:
Here is heat#1.

Nice. Your fast fly-by at the end of the race was good fun. Definitely enjoyed that. On the track I was thinking "Wait, why is Luke going so slow?! Has he broken it already?! Ok, I guess I'll pass by him, since he's going sooo slow... ... ... WHOOOOOSH... Oh yeah! That's the stuff! Had to have been at least a 30mph difference in speed there. And I was going 30+...

:lol: Henry riding the shortbus certainly didn't belong in the fast-class, but hey, no harm no foul. Good times were had by all :)

Beautiful vid, just breathtaking when you uncork it. Oh Yeah!

Fantastic stuff guys!! who cares about the trophies :p its on here...online that counts, bragging rights!! ha ha the results are there for folks to digest, not handing out trophies just shows how bad they are taking the fact that their noisy stinkers are getting a fair whipping now and then..great stuff but good on Neil for organising the races though, now the point has been proven I think an electric only class at the races is the way forward, as long as lap times and fastest laps are published and available you can still race each other on paper and everyone knows what class holds the fastest lap or the fastest total time for a number of laps, Luke must have enough broken motors to make some pretty neat trophies too!! :wink:

knoxie said:
Fantastic stuff guys!! who cares about the trophies :p its on here...online that counts, bragging rights!! ha ha the results are there for folks to digest, not handing out trophies just shows how bad they are taking the fact that their noisy stinkers are getting a fair whipping now and then..great stuff but good on Neil for organising the races though, now the point has been proven I think an electric only class at the races is the way forward, as long as lap times and fastest laps are published and available you can still race each other on paper and everyone knows what class holds the fastest lap or the fastest total time for a number of laps, Luke must have enough broken motors to make some pretty neat trophies too!! :wink:

I wouldnt even show up for an electric vs electric race. They are all my friends, I cant get in kill-mode or even motivated to race them. When its electrics racing gas bikes head to head, I go nuts for it and cant get enough, and no price is too much to pay for the experience.

Fair enough :lol: just watched your video with the front and rear gopros :shock: no wonder they feel a bit pissed off :lol: you have to say a totally different class :lol:

Great video Luke. Now I have a real sense of your bike's power. I'm torn between wanting to grab a handful of that throttle myself, and using family responsibilities as an excuse to puss out. :mrgreen: In any event I gotta go for significantly more power on a couple of bikes and go play chase while my son is still down.

Stunning video Luke! Suggestions for the replacement motor shared on the phone: sealit, fillit, runit... :twisted:

liveforphysics said:
Arlo1 said:

Here is heat#1.

(youtube vid referenced earlier)

I watched the video and LOL'ed while I yelled "YEAH!" "YEAH!"...but when you went into that straightaway and all you can hear is air...I fell silent with awe. Great Job Luke!

JKB

I think I got an E-gasm :D Daaamn that rocks so hard :D
You make some very good advertisement for the E-bike community! The image of e-biking is slowly taking the right course!!! THANKS!
Gruß,
H.

liveforphysics said:
Arlo1 said:

Here is heat#1.

Great video! The rear view camera gives a much better perspective. Once you hit the straight, the other bikes got small really fast :twisted:

liveforphysics said:
[youtube]_H0H6fvb5aM[/youtube]
Lol when they disappear out of sight in the rear camera at 2:12 is awesome. Best episode of gilligan's island ever!

bigmoose said:
Stunning video Luke! Suggestions for the replacement motor shared on the phone: sealit, fillit, runit... :twisted:
You guys talking about oil cooling it?

Damn, it's like a Jet running with piston props! Putt-putt sounds interrupted by WHOOSH of electric turbine!!!

Helluva thing Luke and congrats to all.

Back