SoCal Motor Bicycle Race Sat Oct 22nd 2011 Grange Race Track

GCinDC said:
liveforphysics said:
I'm building an all new frame though... Full suspension this time, setup with 1" of sag front and rear, and 1" of travel after the sag, so 2" total travel front and rear. Needle bearing pivots and linkage. All batteries and motor tucked into the front triangle. And for road racing, I only need about 1/5th the power of my current bike, so a smaller drivetrain as well.
very interesting... link to thread pls.. 8)

April, huh? I do need a couple days away... :twisted:

It exists only in my head so far. I will do a build thread when im starting physical work.

Thud said:
Neil,
PIRELLI ML75'S 2.5-16" (on 20" bicycle rims with bicycle hubs & bicycle spokes)

Leagle for compitition or not.....just say yes or no please. (that "If" you posted raised my eyebrows)

My only real gripe on the bicycle stuff is, it's way overpriced....the Ml75's cost me a 1/3 less than hookworms.

If I am going to blow $800.00 (& a weeks vacation) on a trip out west, The fewer suprises the better. :p
Yes, the Pirelli's are approved to race with as you stated.
The question on the other thread where I said "IF" was about a new 17" moped tire.

The only ebike to run the PIRELLI ML75'S 2.5-16" at the last Oct 22nd Grange race was Jay64

The only gas bike guy that I know of with a new build using PIRELLI ML75'S 2.5-16" is baird with a tiny kids bike.

nicobie said:
I really don't understand the thinking about running small moped tires vs hookworms.

Using the heavier moped tires doesn't give anybody an edge over the hookworms. They are just safer, and who doesn't want that?
The Pirelli's ML75's have a big advantage over the Maxxis hookworms in performance.
just ask Thud or Liveforphysics.

Also 99% of the gas bike guys use 26" wheels and will not convert to small diameter Moped size tires.
Maxxis hookworms are not unsafe. Any bike that is tearing them up is outside
of the 11 hp limit set for gas bikes at the Socal races.
That would put them in the Unlimited class where pretty much anything is allowed including motorcycle tires.

MotorBicycleRacing said:
nicobie said:
I really don't understand the thinking about running small moped tires vs hookworms.

Using the heavier moped tires doesn't give anybody an edge over the hookworms. They are just safer, and who doesn't want that?
The Pirelli's ML75's have a big advantage over the Maxxis hookworms in performance.

Also 99% of the gas bike guys use 26" wheels and will not convert to small diameter Moped size tires.
That would put them in the Unlimited class where pretty much anything is allowed including motorcycle tires.

I totally agree with this statement

etard said:
MotorBicycleRacing said:
nicobie said:

I totally agree with this statement

So you will be comfortable going 35 mph through the twistys on a expensive bicycle tire?

Back