SoCal Race ROLL CALL April 7th 2012 at Grange Race Track.

Farfles 2pi is on the dyno with the God of sevcons tuning for him.

20120405_195241.jpg

Yeah I'm sittin here jonesing real hard about not being able to go, but I'm just unprepared. Hopefully I can make next one. Just sittin here crying in my beer!

Bike looks like business, all e-business Dave. I plan to spend Fri nite, 40 degree camping no bigee. Hope to find a 200W 'personal space' desk heater for my tent (nope, the old fashion way, small tent, 2 8hr candles). Noticed 'em at Walmart months ago, but they sell pretty much on a seasonal basis(yup, no space heaters on their shilves). Think I'll get there 'round 5:30pm to dodge the $10 fee that day :!:

Next time Evoforce!
Next time Oh Father of E-racing (Dogmanz)!

Bikes all looking pretty mighty, it'll be the day of the 'E'.

maybe i will make the race but I doubt I'll ride in it. My back is so screwed up right now from dicking around with the bike earlier I don't even know if I'll be able to drive to victorville tomorrow night. Bike just needs the controller installed and some stuff tied up out of the way to run again. Should have never messed with the setup as it was working but i wanted to try the longer swing arm which was a mistake because it won't work on this frame. Totally messed up my back in the process. I'm on several oxycodone and it still hurts, but they let me work long enough to put the original swing arm back on the bike so it's almost ready. If I do make it my bike might only be for show and joy ride if no one wants to ride it.

Would anyone want to race my bike for me if I show up?

zombiess said:
maybe i will make the race but I doubt I'll ride in it. My back is so screwed up right now from dicking around with the bike earlier I don't even know if I'll be able to drive to victorville tomorrow night. Bike just needs the controller installed and some stuff tied up out of the way to run again. Should have never messed with the setup as it was working but i wanted to try the longer swing arm which was a mistake because it won't work on this frame. Totally messed up my back in the process. I'm on several oxycodone and it still hurts, but they let me work long enough to put the original swing arm back on the bike so it's almost ready. If I do make it my bike might only be for show and joy ride if no one wants to ride it.

Would anyone want to race my bike for me if I show up?

I have an excellent rider for your bike. He is faster and lighter than me with loads of experience.

4:30am. We are still working on going Sevcon for 2pi.... Such a massive PITA to use a Sevcon, but so damn nice once the massive work is done.
20120406_043358.jpg

Wifes time is much more valuably spent working so the mortgage stays paid. And she hates driving. I thought about flying out for it since I won't race, but an $800 a month income doesn't go very far. I'm hoping to improve enough by July to show up at Pikes Peak, but it might be just wishfull thinking.

I love the trail of parts down the ramp. :x Sometimes these things start with changing out a throttle and then somehow the sun is coming up and you find yourself holding a swingarm and looking for that one last bullet connector you had yesterday. :wink:

This is gonna be a shit ton of fun, I may be pulling an all nighter tonight as well so it's still up in the air for Friday night campout. Will, if you have 2 sleeping bags, just double bag it. Can't wait to see everyone's bike!

Zombiess,
There will be enough guys to help you get your bike together at the race if you wanna bring it, my back has been killing me too, so I know how that goes.

Farfle,
I don't know if you got the email, but the governing association has banned the use of Sevcon controllers, which have been deemed "unfair" under article 3, section 40 of the motorbicycle racing rule book. Too bad soo sad. :evil:

Thanks guys I'm in, but I want someone else to race my bike. Booking hotel and rental car now.

Luke, thanks for volunteering a rider, I'll let him check out my bike and see if he's wants to do it. I got so pissed off last night with my back getting messed up I took a little more than I should have and that let me power through getting the bike back into working shape. I'm not too bad this morning so I don't think driving is going to be a problem.

I'll mess around on my bike and let others test it to see what this hub motor is about because I'm sure some people are curious, but with my back this way I don't want to risk racing right now. Of course once I get there, maybe I'll take a few practice laps just for fun :)

liveforphysics said:
4:30am. We are still working on going Sevcon for 2pi.... Such a massive PITA to use a Sevcon, but so damn nice once the massive work is done.
20120406_043358.jpg
Awesome. Good luck guys. If luke can keep his motor cool........ Farfels bike should be crazy fast so maybe #1 for Farfel after he passes luke who is smoking on the side of the track...... :mrgreen:

Here is the list that I have so far.
Am I missing anyone?

NAMES BOLDED ARE CONFIRMED

Ebikes get from 100 to 140 so please pick one.

62- Flügelwagen http://motorbicycling.com/member.php?u=18025 http://www.emotorbicycle.com

100-liveforphysics
101-Etard
102-Jamie P
103-Stevil_Knevil
104-Paul S
105-
106-Noah B
107-shinyballs
108-Grifftek
109-PaulD
110-acuteaero riding PaulD's race bike.
111-Evoforce
112-
113-zombiess
114-SoSauty
115-
116-Farfle
117-Dan Hanebrink
118-
119-
120-
121-
123-Dennis
124-nikos7
125-
126-
130-RWP
140-Thud

Please email me at MotorBicycleRacing@gmail.com
to Register for the Saturday APRIL 7th Grange Race.

Please put your Race Number and Forum Name as the
email subject so I know who you are.

Copy and paste the questions below to the email.

1) Forum name.

2) Real name.

3) Race number from previous races if you had one.
( You can pick an available number if you don't have one )

4) What type of bike / class / engine are you riding?

5) Are you arriving Friday or Saturday?
If on Friday do you want to practice on the track?
( $20 cost if there are at least 10 riders ) $30 reg price.

6) How many people, spectators or pit crew are coming with you?
$10 each paid at the track gate.

7) Are you racing in 2 classes?
What bike / class types?

Don't count Thud out just yet, he is crazy enough to show up Saturday morning dropped out of a helicopter with some crazy dual motor BMX bike ready to race. :mrgreen:

Cmon, Thud, it's now or never! :twisted:

I thought Thud never makes it to the races? I'm having the same damn issues this time I did last time, everything is last minute no matter how much I plan in advance (several months this time) and still I can't get stuff in time. I can't believe I managed to get the old swing arm back on the bike last night with the amount of pain I was in. Last time it was a controller that blew a FET that was brand new from Lyen and he fixed it for me the night before the race.

I just booked my hotel and rental car, this is not going to be a cheap trip for me, about $400 total in rental car and hotel, I'm only coming from Las Vegas too. Could save myself $200 if I had a working vehicle capable of transporting a bicycle but I don't have one and can't borrow one and there isn't a single bike rack made that fits my car. Last time I had to completely disassemble the bike to get it there and I can't do that this time because my back hurts too much.

PRINTER RAN OUT OF INK SO YOU MAY WANT TO PRINT OUT A COPY FOR YOURSELF!
Grange April 7th Race Schedule:

Gate opens at 6:00am for Registration, Payment, Sign Waiver, WristBands.
Track hours 7.30am - 7:00pm

Practice 7.30am - 9.45am
Everyone off the track:
9:45 - 10:00 Racers Meeting in Pits

Heat 1: 5 Laps + 1 warm up lap
10:15 - 10:30 <50cc 4 Stroke + < 2000w eBikes + < 30 mph SLOW Mopeds
10:30 - 10:45 2 Stroke 66 cc/80 49 cc China kit bikes
10:45 - 11:00 Mid Range + eBikes + Mopeds
11:00 - 11:15 <11 hp + FAST eBikes + Mopeds

Heat 2: 5 Laps + 1 warm up lap
11:30 - 11:45 <50cc 4 Stroke + < 2000 w eBike + < 30 mph Moped
11:45 - 12:00 2 Stroke 66 cc/80 49 cc China kit bikes
12:00 - 12:15 Mid Range + eBikes + Mopeds
12:15 - 12:30 <11 hp + FAST eBikes + Mopeds

LUNCH BREAK - BIKE SHOW
12:30 - 1:30 Pre Order $10 PIZZA from Jim Granger
Practice and cruising on the track is allowed.

Finals: 12 Laps + 1 warm up lap
1:30 - 1:55 <50cc 4 Stroke + < 2000 w eBike + < 30 mph Moped
1:55 - 2:20 2 Stroke 66 cc/80 49 cc China kit bikes
2:20 - 2:45 Mid Range + eBikes + Mopeds
2:45 - 3:10 <11 hp + FAST eBikes + Mopeds

ULTIMATE RACE of the 4 Classes: 14 Laps + 1 warm up lap:
3:30 - 4:00 The top 5 to 8 place finishers from the 4 classes.

ARROW MOTORIZED CYCLES TROPHY CEREMONY:
4:00 - 4:30

UNLIMITED RACE
4:30 - 5:00

REVERSE RIDING THE TRACK [ Clockwise ]
5:00 - ???
A try out for the next SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Event which will be run clockwise.

Hey guys- just arrived at the track, don't see anyone around. It's 2:30 now- if you're coming soon or would like to coordinate text me at 415-779-2376 (google voice forwarded)

:D

zombiess said:
I thought Thud never makes it to the races? I'm having the same damn issues this time I did last time, everything is last minute no matter how much I plan in advance (several months this time) and still I can't get stuff in time. I can't believe I managed to get the old swing arm back on the bike last night with the amount of pain I was in. Last time it was a controller that blew a FET that was brand new from Lyen and he fixed it for me the night before the race.

I just booked my hotel and rental car, this is not going to be a cheap trip for me, about $400 total in rental car and hotel, I'm only coming from Las Vegas too. Could save myself $200 if I had a working vehicle capable of transporting a bicycle but I don't have one and can't borrow one and there isn't a single bike rack made that fits my car. Last time I had to completely disassemble the bike to get it there and I can't do that this time because my back hurts too much.

YOU CAAAAN DOOO EEEEEEEEET!

Lets make sure that the electric boys have time( 20 min.) or so to recharge.

Last time at the grange track the promoter wasn't too nice to the ebike boys. Paul D went out on the final with a low pack because the promoter changed his times @ the last minute.

As much as he tried to stack the deck, electricity still won.

2pi in surgery. I give the patient a 99.9% chance of timely recovery.
20120407_000904.jpg

20120407_001421.jpg

liveforphysics said:
2pi in surgery. I give the patient a 99.9% chance of timely recovery.
These must come with more details for us in the bleachers a long way away! :shock: Did it fall off the back of the truck on the way to the race? Was it attached by hatchet wielding 50cc ninjas in masks? Did the bike low side? :mrgreen:

Hey Guys, I would like to propose that we pick a single thread to continue to post updates in, and to suggest that that might be the event thread here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37908 instead of this roll-call thread :)

It got pretty messy trying to remember who posted which picture in which thread after last race!

acuteaero said:
Hey Guys, I would like to propose that we pick a single thread to continue to post updates in, and to suggest that that might be the event thread here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37908 instead of this roll-call thread :)

It got pretty messy trying to remember who posted which picture in which thread after last race!

I think you posted the wrong thread. It just re-links to this thread.

I hope someone gets this Race on a GoPro!

Back