[Solved] New greentime charger do not work

Whitehawk

10 W
Hi all,

I bought a greentime 58.8v 5A on aliexpress for my 14S liion 18650 battery.

Problem : it never worked

20170604_192146.jpg

First I plugged the charger to 230V : led 2 light up green .. but only led 1 should be red ?

20170604_192131.jpg

So I checked output voltage : nothing
So I checked fuse : fuse ok
So I opened the charger : input voltage ok, but no output voltage on the board

20170605_114532.jpg
20170605_114829-1.jpg

I tried anyway to plug my battery (maybe output voltage come only when battery is plugged?) : led 1 light up red ?? ... the battery do not charge

The seller say the charger have been checked before sending.. maybe it's me the problem ?
Any idea to make this charger working ?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day ! :)

Could be different of course, but I have one with the same case, and it's finicky about the sequence to turn it on. If already switched on when the battery is attached, it won't run. It likes the switch off during hook up.
Good luck, hope it's something simple...

Oh yeah I need to try this :shock: I always turn on the charger before plugging the battery .. like recommended by the manual :lol:

I will try this on thursday when I go back home.

When you plug the charger without battery, how is your leds ?

me : led 1 is shutdown, led 2 is green

I'm out of town too so can't check yet, but I think it's one red when plugged into the wall whether the switch is off or on, then the second is off with the battery plugged in, then goes red or green when the switch is turned on. I'll update when I get back home... And of course mine is in that same case with the same label, but could be totally different inside...

Finally I found the problem, one mosfet had 2 cutted legs, works better now after resoldering that.

These Chinese ... :lol:

Back