Sur-Ron - Belt upgrade KIT

Allex said:
ebikeman123 said:
Imho the Sur-Ron, even with belt-drive, is too loud. It is strange that the motor makes such a whining sound. A direct drive hub motor used as a mid-drive seems to be a better solution. The cyberbike or the vector vortex for example are almost completely silent.

It is not the motor that makes noise, there is two things:
Surron have two stage gear reduction, here you have extra noise and then you have a huge sprocket on the hub motor in Vortex. Chain on small sprockets makes more noise than on big ones because of the higher chain speed.

Yes, but no. There is noise from both the motor and the chain/belt-drive. About 50/50 I would say. That sur-ron motor screams compared to a typical direct drive hub motor. It is the difference between normal people staring at your bike or not.

I really want to upgrade to a belt drive because it sounds so nice without the noise of the chain, but I think I would get problems if I use it for offroad riding.
This includes: forest and country roads, grass, most of the time single trails(sometime wet conditions) and gravel pit(I hope this is the correct English word. this means sand, small stones, steep climbs, some jumps)...but I will also ride on the street.

I think the best solution (but not the cheapest :( ) would be to build a second pair of wheels and use the offroad tires only when needed.
This also allows to mount real offroad tires(no more Shinko SR24) without worrying about wear and traction especially when the streets are wet.

- 19" wheels with offroad tires(Pirelli Scorpion, Michelin Starcross, Dunlop Geomax...) and a 56-60t sprocket(Chain)
- 17" wheels with "supermoto" tires and a belt drive.

Has anyone ridden the Sur-ron(stock controller) with SuperMoto Tires(they are smaller) and this Belt drive?
What about acceleration and top speed?

I don't care about top speed when I ride offroad but on the street It would be nice to know how much top speed you loose.
The Luna Belt drive should keep the top speed on the same level (like 42t, but 17" should compensate it).

Do you think that it is possible to ride this belt drive offroad? if not, is the Luna Belt Drive or this Belt Drive better for 17" Super Moto wheels?

A big disadvantage would be time to change the wheels.
Changing 2 wheels is done in 5 minutes but it would also mean to change the small sprocket(6 screws), "open" the frame(6-8 screws) and adjust the chain/belt tension each time, but I think that riding with nearly no noise is it worth.

free-trade said:
I really want to upgrade to a belt drive because it sounds so nice without the noise of the chain, but I think I would get problems if I use it for offroad riding.
This includes: forest and country roads, grass, most of the time single trails(sometime wet conditions) and gravel pit(I hope this is the correct English word. this means sand, small stones, steep climbs, some jumps)...but I will also ride on the street.

I think the best solution (but not the cheapest :( ) would be to build a second pair of wheels and use the offroad tires only when needed.
This also allows to mount real offroad tires(no more Shinko SR24) without worrying about wear and traction especially when the streets are wet.

- 19" wheels with offroad tires(Pirelli Scorpion, Michelin Starcross, Dunlop Geomax...) and a 56-60t sprocket(Chain)
- 17" wheels with "supermoto" tires and a belt drive.

Has anyone ridden the Sur-ron(stock controller) with SuperMoto Tires(they are smaller) and this Belt drive?
What about acceleration and top speed?

I don't care about top speed when I ride offroad but on the street It would be nice to know how much top speed you loose.
The Luna Belt drive should keep the top speed on the same level (like 42t, but 17" should compensate it).

Do you think that it is possible to ride this belt drive offroad? if not, is the Luna Belt Drive or this Belt Drive better for 17" Super Moto wheels?

A big disadvantage would be time to change the wheels.
Changing 2 wheels is done in 5 minutes but it would also mean to change the small sprocket(6 screws), "open" the frame(6-8 screws) and adjust the chain/belt tension each time, but I think that riding with nearly no noise is it worth.

Hi, the top speed with 17" supermoto and this kit is 65km/h
Madin88 and I are working on a 17" supermoto kit. With this you will not lose speed! It will be better compared to other belt kit manufactures as it can handle more torque and will not wear out as fast.

Allex said:
I can offer probably this kit for 375USD shipping included.
Any interest in it still?

Is it the same kit you offered previously? I saw it was going for over $500 without shipping. I would be happy to purchase at 375.

It is the same Yes.
Also can do a 64T which is about same as Luna ratio for those who want a speed machine with 17"

The one that has ben sold here is:
25T-93T and supposed to handle 17kW @ 3000RPM, and 54Nm max
The street version is: 23T-64T 14,2kW @ 3000RPM 45Nm max
Luna is: 22T-65T 13,2kW @ 3000RPM 42Nm max

I would also be very interested in the kit at 375 USD! I currently have a Luna belt kit, and I do not like the two-piece pulley design they use on the jackshaft. Yours appears to be much higher quality.

Allex said:
It is the same Yes.
Also can do a 64T which is about same as Luna ratio for those who want a speed machine with 17"

The one that has ben sold here is:
25T-93T and supposed to handle 17kW @ 3000RPM, and 54Nm max
The street version is: 23T-64T 14,2kW @ 3000RPM 45Nm max
Luna is: 22T-65T 13,2kW @ 3000RPM 42Nm max

Hi I am also interested in your belt drive but I have a question would a kaniwaba pedal kit be compatible with this.

Back