THE DM01 MOTOR: ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE FOR E-BIKES

Hello. In relation to the DM02 500w 52v, is that 500w continuous or 500w max? If continuous, what is the max current likely to be?

What gauge (amperage) power wires should I use from the battery to the controller?

What amperage fuse should I use?

Last edited:
Hello. In relation to the DM02 500w 52v, is that 500w continuous or 500w max? If continuous, what is the max current likely to be?

What gauge (amperage) power wires should I use from the battery to the controller?

What amperage fuse should I use?
Hello, thanks for your inquiry, sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year vacation.

Please note that our mid-drive motors are defined by a rated power, so the peak power of our 500W motor is greater than 500W. In our recommendation, the maximum current should be 20A for a 500W 36V, and 18A for a 500W 48V motor.

Typically, there is no need to insert a fuse between the battery and the controller. Because:

The battery itself has a maximum discharge limit.
The controller often includes built-in maximum current protection.

Any further questions you are welcome to reach out at any time.

Perhaps you can also answer some more details about the torque sensor itself:
1. is torque reading linear?
2. what is the maximum torque reading range?

Last edited:
How does Toseven's torque sensor differ in design from Tongsheng's TSDZ2? Can you give us an overview with photos and diagrams?

Happy New Year!

How does Toseven's torque sensor differ in design from Tongsheng's TSDZ2? Can you give us an overview with photos and diagrams?

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! Thanks for your inquiry; we kindly recommend you buy one of our mid-drive motors and test the difference between our DM motor and TSDZ2; thanks.

Hi Happy New years!

Are you saying you have to buy the motor to get answers about your products?

Regards

Cryingmadman

“No Risk it, No Biscuit”

Titanic Thompson

Thanks for your inquiry; we kindly recommend you buy one of our mid-drive motors and test the difference between our DM motor and TSDZ2; thanks.

That's not even remotely a useful answer to the question:

I think y'all should hire some actual customer service and support people that can read questions and answer them usefully.

Hi Happy New years!

Are you saying you have to buy the motor to get answers about your products?

Regards

Cryingmadman

“No Risk it, No Biscuit”

Titanic Thompson
Thanks for your message! You are welcome to visit our factory website: to7motor.com to have all the detailed information of our DM mid-drive motors, thanks! And we are happy to assist you with any questions or concerns at any time

No, I am not buying one anytime soon. Here is someone ToSeven DM01 Set Up Questions who bought one and having problems setting it up. Maybe you can offer him some help?
Greetings! Thank you for your update! We are happy to assist all of our customers with their issues. If you require any assistance or support from our factory, please feel free to contact us at any time. Have a wonderful weekend!

2. what is the maximum torque reading range?
Hello, thanks for your inquiry! Please have our response as below:

1- yes, our torque is reading linear
2- the max. torque reading is 3.3v

I think y'all should hire some actual customer service and support people that can read questions and answer them usefully.
Hello, thank you for your kind suggestion! The primary goal of our factory is to provide the best possible product to our customers. We cannot compare ourselves to other brands of motors since we can only judge our product. However, we are happy to provide any information you may need to know about our motors. Would you like us to provide a comparison between our motors and Borch? :)

In regards to our factory's service, please let me know of any service complaints about our to7motor. I believe we are the best service for this business. It's impossible for us to leave any customer's problem unsolved. Have a great weekend! :)

Hello, thanks for your inquiry! Please have our response as below:

1- yes, our torque is reading linear
2- the max. torque reading is 3.3v
Ad. 1. thanks, that is promising
Ad. 2. sorry i was not precise: what weight can be read when put on the pedal? like 40kg, 60kg ? or can you provide torque reading?

Since to7motor@SZ didn't answer my questions about the torque sensor, I searched and found this image on reddit
Can someone check it for accuracy?

It says the torque sensor is a strain resistance type. Looks like it's located external to the motor, unlike the TSDZ2 which use a wild scheme hall effect torque sensor via a transformer inside the motor casing. How well the Toseven torque sensor works remains to be seen.

1708900017266.png

Last edited:
Back