The keto thread

It's always a good idea to consider multiple perspectives.

Those are pretty good results considering you're in a half ass effort :)

What are some of your go to for Keto for "fast food" when your out and about?

I have tried the Mr. Sub keto bread, pretty bland flavour, some random reddit post said flaxseed and 7g net carb + 1g sugar.

I go to Subway for the salad and ranch dressing, though thats probably seed oil aka detergent aka man made oil aka "vegetable oil"

Burgers without the bun
Drinks are Water/Club Soda

Been eating non keto and havent gained a pound in 3 weeks. Just started back on it, eating less and less but some days I just give in and pound back sugar when they are out on the kitchen island then say f-it and carb load on flour. Thats slowing down, slowly converting back to keto, back to keto foods yesterday and into the zone of not being hungry so fasting. Eating big meal first thing so that burns off, small snack of cheese or peppers/avacado dip.

neptronix said:

You know, i stopped going out for food a while ago and only occasionally slip on that.
Keto food at restaurants is either overpriced or rare to find anyway.
The only reason to visit a restaurant it's because it's cheat day. :)

At my office i have a fridge full of meat and veg and a bunch of drinks and salty things. At home, we never have carbs lying around. Why have a temptation in front of you if you have issues with self control, right?

I cook keto food at home using recipes from restaurants that i've reverse engineered and adapted. We eat a lot of fancy hamburgers, thai/chinese food, mexican food, and italian.

Honestly i didn't have any interest in cooking before keto. And 0 knowledge on how to cook anything aside from pasta. It's just something i had to learn the hard way before keto food existed on the market.

Oh, congratulations on not having the weight pile on after stopping. That's not common. Perhaps your metabolism is not as borked as mine is.

by neptronix » Sep 16 2021 2:01pm

You know, i stopped going out for food a while ago and only occasionally slip on that.
Keto food at restaurants is either overpriced or rare to find anyway.
The only reason to visit a restaurant it's because it's cheat day. :)

At my office i have a fridge full of meat and veg and a bunch of drinks and salty things. At home, we never have carbs lying around. Why have a temptation in front of you if you have issues with self control, right?

I cook keto food at home using recipes from restaurants that i've reverse engineered and adapted. We eat a lot of fancy hamburgers, thai/chinese food, mexican food, and italian.

Honestly i didn't have any interest in cooking before keto. And 0 knowledge on how to cook anything aside from pasta. It's just something i had to learn the hard way before keto food existed on the market.

Oh, congratulations on not having the weight pile on after stopping. That's not common. Perhaps your metabolism is not as borked as mine is.

Yes, yesss. you got it. I cheat once in a while but it is never as good as what you can make at home. Real pain all that cleaning up, so I do it as I go.

The best thing is to cook food and taste the food. Fresh food is so good! Fast food sets around so much, they need to cover up the taste.

Good job.

Hey Neptronix, whats your knowledge on using caffeine or caffeine pills to enhance Ketosis?

From the random sites I read, it looks like its beneficial.

As for caffeine, I was originally taking black coffee, no sugar and lots of 33% milk.
Then I realized that milk is not right for being in keto as its label stated something in tablespoons which was to much. I can't drink black coffee, I need lots of milk in it to cool it down and taste right to just down it.
I found some in-date caffeine pills to test out - Hopefully it can also enhance suppressing hunger.

quote=neptronix post_id=1676901 time=1631818879 user_id=16363]
-
[/quote

edit
I officialy lost 100lbs, but currently hitting my second wall at 281lbs, havent been able to get into the 270's at all (279), I hit 280.6 once a few days ago. Diet is pretty random, not steady at all, but the same, this go around might be to much calories and hence probably hitting my carb limit and most importantly not much exercise as its winter here now, front hub tire is bald and went out riding yesterday but its only good on shoveled paths/sidewalks. The first wall on keto was 320lbs I think was due to to much protein conversion to glucose (gluconeogenesis), eating to much meat. I will go back to my staple, bland diet routine of slow cooker tomotoes, muchrooms, coconut oil solid form, bone broth, tiny tiny bit of already shredded carrot, hot pepper, himalayan salt, black pepper, bell pepper. This is going on the psychology of eating, when you eat bland food you eat less so its helping calorie resitrction, while the high fat helps satiate (feel less hungry).

I drink 42mg of Zevia Stevia cola first thing in the morning to get a hit of caffeine.
One meal a day with a snack an hour after. Bubly water is quite acidic but that and Zevia is all I drink.
Loaded up on Keto snacks from Costco and the pumpkin seeds really did my bowels in and had to scrub the bathroom mat of chunks.
I need to hit Keto hard before Christmas binge of carbs rolls around. The Egg Nog was eyeing me hard today with the $1 off sticker.

My goal is 245-250lbs to achieve a marker of just under 30bmi, I've already hit the marker of under 40 waist with 38 jeans. I believe the correct imaginary number for non standard BMI for me is 225lbs but seriously, that really means nothing. Skinny on the Outside, Fat on the Inside syndrome is real, lots of asian people are like that.

I am wanting to learn more about what tests to take, Dr. Peter Attia on Youtube seems to be the man who knows. I have to consolidate my notes so far, its a promising diet for anyone who is reading this. It takes some effort to stick with it, unexpected shits that dont quite make it into the toilet can be disheartening. My stomach has always been weak, add age and high slippery fatty diet.

I was purging myself on weeklong carb binges but now realize fat and non-complex, simple carbs (junk food, bread) are a toxic mix.
Complex starches is my transition diet, potatoes, using no seed oils (veg oil), sweet potatoe fries is what I miss but I'd bake them.
I miss my old stuffing fat face with unhealthy food lifestyle, but when I try to go back to that I feel bloated and I feel sick so its reinforcing sticking with a real food, non-processed food diet.

caffiene will suppress hunger by boosting up lots of metabolic hormones.. but what comes up must come down.. i wouldn't take caffiene for that purpose.. it's easier to drop down to 0-10 carbs/day and let the ketones do their magic to your appetite.. or just count calories.

Because i have the metabolism from hell ( my natural path would be to be ~400lbs by now ), i've tried every 'metabolic booster' and never found one that didn't have a dark side...

If you need anything else to step up your game then i'd suggest intermittent fasting with calorie counting.. i actually have a 'system' for doing this that works extremely well.. last time i did it, i lost weight at a rate that was scary, lol.

Back