These (electric) bikes are for billionaires.

And the Zeitgeist City pops up again, this time on the gizmag site "High-end Zeitgeist City electric bike targets "active affluents"":
http://www.gizmag.com/zeitgeist-city-premium-city-electric-bike/41813/

... where author writes about the "surprisingly wide world of electric bicycles". 8)

... and that the "Zeitgeist City is looking to establishing a new class of luxury city models". :D

End of article "Source: Zeitgeist" :)

LockH said:
And the Zeitgeist City pops up again, this time on the gizmag site "High-end Zeitgeist City electric bike targets "active affluents"":
http://www.gizmag.com/zeitgeist-city-premium-city-electric-bike/41813/
... where author writes about the "surprisingly wide world of electric bicycles". 8)
... and that the "Zeitgeist City is looking to establishing a new class of luxury city models". :D
End of article "Source: Zeitgeist" :)

And AGAIN. (Great marketing... maybe.) On site "Touch of Modern":
https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/zeitgeist-17f71474-371f-4cc8-a60b-df6db13ead3f/zeitgeist-city

2ab51d889cd61c3908e7062e967c19be_medium.jpg

Right now listed as $5,999.00US ("was/formerly $7,999.00US")

Ya got yer Carbon Fiber Frame (and fork).
Yer 2 year warranty.
Yer Panasonic cells ("similar to those found on the Tesla Model S")
Battery size/capacity not mentioned that I can see... but "hardly ever needs replacing!" [cough cough]

EFUN 500 watter?
97b604cb9f46bc838205800616750a9a_small.jpg

When I saw that last bike I came to think of this "cargo bike". Feddz from Germany. Even in road legal moped version. As well as a "competition". :D
I must say I like the design, seems sleek and probably could add extra batteries rather then cargo in the triangle for those extra long trips.

I will cost you to haul cargo in style. 7.390 €.

Feddz-Electric-Cargo-Bike-image-2.jpg

feddz-cargo-bike-04.jpg

This was posted on one of my flying forums, as a great way to "go electric." $1800.00 extra for a 36 volt (I think) 350 watt hub motor and and a battery of unspecified size or brand, I don't think so!

I pointed out how for a lot less money and the same weight, you could put a BBSHD mid drive on there with a quality (known anyway) 52 volt battery system and then you'd have something! Oh yeah, a few hours install time also, big whoop.

Oops, forgot the link::https://www.bikefriday.com/bicycles/bionx_electric_assist

craneplaneguy said:
Oops, forgot the link::https://www.bikefriday.com/bicycles/bionx_electric_assist

Oh! Bionx! Watt some might consider "gold plated". :)

... and that Feddz? AFAIK some flavour of Panasonic or Samsung lithium-Ion at 48 V nominal and 31.5 ah/ so approx. 1500 Wh onboard. Then ya gots yer Bluetooth... and 6A "fast" charger. And yer regen. braking... and yer "Power-Mode" with max. 45km/h full performance/power. (Gotta see if they import this "feature" into Canada. Hehe)

Berger_Fohr-Paul_Budnitz.png

http://budnitzbicycles.com/
budnitz.jpg

4130 Cro-Moly Steel
3AL 2.5V Titanium
250W All-in-One Electric Hub
Wheel Size: 29”

Model E pairs a clean Gates Carbon Belt Drive with a Zehus Bike+ 250W electric rear hub from Italy. Motor, sensors, and 30V L-ion 160Wh battery are sealed within the high polish aluminum rear hub. The entire drivetrain is free of oil, completely protected against rain, grit and road debris and virtually maintenance free.

Trend-Hunter-FBIF.gif

Luxurious E-Bike Lines
("Riese & Müller Has Released Its 2018 Line of E-Bikes"):
https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/riese-muller

riese-muller.jpeg

Starts:
In time for the new model year, Riese & Müller has released its newest line of luxury e-bikes, and the eco-friendly rides for 2018 focus on integration, range, and pure riding enjoyment. The line consists of three different e-bikes — the Delite GT signature, the Packster 40, the Roadster — which complement Riese & Müller's preexisting line of electric bicycles.

The top of the line model is the Delite GT signature. Designed in honor of Riese & Müller's 25th anniversary, the bike makes use of cutting edge technology and spares no expense. It incorporates DualBattery technology from Bosch, Syntace and Fox Factory components, and Shimano XTR Di2 gears. Each Delite GT signature is numbered, with a certificate signed by the company's founders, Markus Riese and Heiko Müller.

8) :mrgreen: :lol:

Warren Buffet still drives his old Suburban, and lives in an average house

Some random search online brought up this info below.

"he bought in 1958 for $31,500 in the Dundee-Happy Hollow Historic District of Omaha, Nebraska where he was raised,"

"The property was last assessed in 2003 for $700,000 — still a modest price for a billionaire. "

^^ Hehe... If ya follow the history of the horseless carriage ("car"), it was the "wealthy" watt "picked up the bug" at first. :wink:

highres_145102772.jpeg

That bike is an eye catcher, something I as an ebike rider want to avoid as I am riding on pathways that are not allowed to have anything motorized on them. Plus its an eye catcher for theives.

Re that Trefecta, being a 21st-century urban guy - like most of the world... more than half anyway..., such that "pathways that are not allowed to have anything motorized on them" account for maybe 1-2% of the total land area... and about 99% of roads have a max. speed limit of about 40mph (or less... much less) and about half the roads are clogged with vehicles already traveling at shuffling stop-and-go speeds... being able to go anything like 70mph... might qualify as a "pipe dream". Pretty looking thing, likely best left parked somewhere to show it off. "Eye catcher for thieves"? ... who may overlook the GPS tracker mounted in the frame. :wink:

HAHA. Written by the clueless for the ignorant with "more money than brains". :mrgreen:

1185868_187x169.gif

(They say:)
It's a well known fact that insiders profit from their transactions. More than 59,000 different insiders made public filings with the SEC in 2009. The year before that, more than 65,000 did. Blindly imitating all of these insiders won't yield much. Monkeying only the top insiders, the ones who have the best track record, is a different story. Insider Monkey uses a hybrid evaluation system that exploits insider transactions and other market anomalies to reduce the number of insiders who are worthy enough to monkey. Insider Monkey also provides high quality evidence based articles to inform individual investors about the intricacies of investing.

11 Most Expensive Bike Brands in the World:
https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-most-expensive-bike-brands-in-the-world-600470/

... watt doesn't once mention any with assist. but last/most expensive on their "list":
1. Trek

Price: $500,000

American company Trek wins the game in our list of most expensive bike brands in the world. The Butterfly Trek Madone is the name of the beauty which costs half a million dollars.

Hehe... I tell EVerybuddy that bikes with bettery-assist are "cheap". :lol:

markz said:
That bike is an eye catcher, something I as an ebike rider want to avoid as I am riding on pathways that are not allowed to have anything motorized on them. Plus its an eye catcher for thieves.

Watt... the Trefecta bike? Standard add-on equipment one (hidden) GPS tracker. :wink:

markz said:
That bike is an eye catcher, something I as an ebike rider want to avoid as I am riding on pathways that are not allowed to have anything motorized on them. Plus its an eye catcher for theives.

Always a good feeling leaving a $25,000 bike locked up outside the grocery store while you wait 12 deep in that long line eh?

LockH said:
The Stromer ST5: First look at the $10,000 ‘Tesla of ebikes’:
$10,000? Posers! Why, right now you can plunk down $14,000 for a 1500W Optibike.

How embarrassing it must be to spend $10K on a bike, thinking you have bragging rights, only to have your neighbor buy one that's much more expensive.

https://optibike.com/optibike-elite-series/

Both of them look so very dorky. Points to Optibike for the Rohloff hub, though that detail doesn't cost as much as the price difference.

In either case, that's a lot of shekels for just 1hp and no real cargo or passenger capability. I'd want full-on Inspector Gadget magic for that kind of money.

From the pic of it, it looks like the stromer bike is a non suspended frame with an in frame battery and a hub motor. Yeah lets not forget about that 10.000 $ price tag. The Stromer St5 is the very last bike I would ever consider, even at a crazy firesale on black friday. The price tag ruins the bike. After all, you got to consider what you get for your bucks, and I got to say. Not a whole lot unfortunately.

It got some cool design elements. Hidden wires and brake lines. Lights from Supernova. 27.5" wheels. But as it stands for me the design and development of this bike is not completed, is half way done and even with some expensive light they chosen cheap motor. Why not go for mid drive? I get it they try to stay true to their colors, but no suspension? Come on. That is just lazy.

Hehe that golden bike gives me flashback to "high end" cell phones in the early days. Nothing special tech wise, and no better then any other phone. Just some pretty stones and maybe some gold plating and the price was jacked ten fold. No wonder those tanked so bad.

Today with a more mature cell market vi see high end phones that actually gives you a return for the higher costs. Like Lg's v30 special edition and Huawei Porsche edition. But no stones and no glitter :)

I think I rather prefer a bike without gold.

^^ Hehe... `Case anybuddy wonders when they send money to Dubai how they spend your money. :wink:

I guess the gold will resist corrosion well. But gold is heavy. What, no diamonds?

Geez, for that kind of money you could make a bike with really high tech materials that were actually functional.

Back