Tongshen TSDZ2 motor to wiring harness

Charltoj

1 µW
Hi, I have a trike that had a tongshen TSDZ2 motor with brakes, display, throttle and speed sensor installed and working. I committed the foul error of putting my battery in while the battery was on… I know (now) bad me… so we tried to replace the motherboard in the tongshen motor because we found “bare” ones for sale in several places… however the bare boards come with the “wrong” end to plug into any of the Befang wiring harnesses so widely available on either Amazon or eBay. Which wiring harness do I need to hook my tongshen motor into my system? Or how do ya’all do it?

I’m VERY confused because I cannot find any mention of this on any forum but I cannot find any other versions of the 8 pin motor or the 8 pin harness so I’m stuck…

Thanks for any help
Janna

1BD6EEBB-D3FF-48F5-A480-2F530D1A5E47.jpeg93A0B166-071A-4CD6-84BE-6047C5953F7E.jpegAC977FC3-100E-483A-9A2B-278AB6EF683D.jpeg

Charltoj said:
... tongshen TSDZ2 motor with brakes, display, .... replace the motherboard ....the bare boards come with the “wrong” end to plug into any of the Befang wiring harnesses ....
Ofcourse will the stock Tongsheng not fit with Bafang. It isn't the wrong end, but wrong display.
Most easy solution is to buy also a stock Tongsheng display that fits to the bare motherboard. :wink:

You have a Tsdz2 which is modified for a Bafang display. Meaning modified wires and firmware.
I think you have bought this set from Eco-cycles, that deliver these options with Tsdz2.
Maybe they sell a conversion cable for easy connection to stock motherboard.
Or maybe it is possible to solder the old wire harness to the new bare motherboard.
Otherwise you find the wiring inside the wiki

The bare motherboard and display must be flashed with the same version custom firmware (OSF).
If you know which version was flashed before, you only need to flash the motherboard.
If not, you must flash both.

If eventually you go for a Tongsheng stock display.
It is also possible to run the Tsdz2 with OSF. In that case you only need to flash the motherboard with a Java application, which you configure before, instead of afterwards as you did with the Bafang display.

Back