Torque specs for cable disc brakes needed

N8!

10 mW
what's the torque specs on the silver cap screw in the attached image ?20231031_115951.jpg

what's the torque specs on the silver cap screw in the attached image ?
Assuming 6mm steel bolt into aluminum threads, maybe 4-5 ft-lb, depending on the grade of aluminum. Of course, not knowing the grade of any of the materials, I just use some loctite and tighten just past snug.

EZ-Torque-Chart-Metric.gif

Reactions: N8!
Don't overtighten that, like by using a torque chart. Cable pinch bolts don't have to be very tight to fix the cable in place, and the threads and materials of both the screw and arm can be pretty shabby. A rinky dink 3" hex key will easily get it tight enough.

Better to lubricate the thread to increase clamping tension than to crank up the fastener torque.

@PaPaSteve , considering the quality of every other material on this BSO I'm going to assume they are grade 4.8, thanks for the chart

@Chalo , I won't destroy it, despite it's efforts to destroy me today.... what do you get when motorcycle shop touches your bicycle?

road rash.

I'll post the runaway motor video... I don't want other's to suffer the same indignity & monetary loss I have with this stupid store bought ebike shaped object.

Back