True Bafang access?

Josh K.

100 W
So, as an E bike repair shop owner, I am interested in getting true access to be empowered to buy actual BaFang components. Here in the States.

Seems that we do not really have good access. We would like to be able to get a Besst system in, to be able to detune some of these systems to allow the
electric cyclist to be able to put more pedal power into propelling the bike forward, without going faster and faster...

We see many e bike companies using the Bafang system, with different displays, and need to be able to really access trouble codes, and change parameters when needed.

We need to be able to buy at better prices, instead of going through a distributer in Canada...

How do we get through to the company, and get access to better information, actual parts, and clear communication for technical support?

Thanks, Josh K. www.precisionebikes.com

If Bafang won't talk to you about becoming a dealer, I don't know where else you could go....

But I can tell you from posts I've read around here by dealers / etc that Bafang doesn't even tell *them* when things change in their systems, what parts would be intercompatible between new and old versions, what the changes actually are, when they will (or did) happen, etc., to be able to get compatible parts for older versions of anything.

Hopefully they would still provide support in these cases to fix up a customer, but it hasn't worked that way for at least some people.

I've never communicated with them, but there are people on here that have, so hopefully they will see this thread and stop in to help you out. IIRC Tomjasz did, cant' recall other names ATM.

It is ridiculous that Bafang doesn't have sales reps here like Suntour and a lot of other component manufacturers do. They are really missing out on more revenue. I guess they sell so much to begin with that they just don't care. But that's how the USA auto manufacturers used to look at things. Before they lost the majority of market share in their own country.

Back