TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Hello, is it possible to use this latest version (v20.1C.2-update-2) without a speed sensor or is this required for function? I was using an older version of OSF and tried this latest version in hybrid mode and it was AMAZING, except for the E0.8 error shutting off power constantly.

This bike is used off-road and I have no need to know my speed, on rough terrain I would be very worried about the speed sensor becoming dislodged/misaligned from the rough surface or during jumps.

I thought a previous version had a setting to allow assist even with the E0.8 error, but I don't see it in the latest version. Thank you.
My latest versions of OSF cannot work without a speed sensor connected and working.
Error E08 appears and assistance is removed.
It is possible to ignore the error and continue with the assistance by enabling "Assist with error" but only on the display, not on the configurator.
"Set parameter on startup" must be enabled, see manual.
Then at level 4-TURBO, press the lights button 2+2+2 times until E04 flashes. It will work until turned off.
If you want the setting to be retained it is necessary to store it in the eeprom.
So before turning off, at the 0-OFF level press the light button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashes.

If you turn off the display before disconnecting the battery, and the odometer does not store the reading, there is a problem with the display.
Odometer storage does not depend on OSF.
Thanks for the response. I guess there is nothing I can do as I don't want to replace it yet.

I
I've noticed that the VLCD5 does not display the usual sequence of numbers on power-up. It just powers up. It should end with 10.0 and then the voltage, right?
I believe I understand. I've been riding with heavy gloves so it's hard to press the Lights button precisely. ,In Level 0, I must have hit the lights button enough times for E03 "AUTO DISPLAY SETTING" disabled and accidentally got to E04 "SAVE DEFAULT' and enabled that.

Since I don't what else has been locked in and saved, I suppose I have to reload the firmware again?

RTFM.

I have been riding my TSDZ2-powered e-bike for 5 years now, using the KT-LCD3 display. I bought an 860c display and was able to flash both units using the assets from this (latest stable) mbrusa release, version v20.1C.4-860C-update-3.

However, when I press the power button, the display shows 'Wait TSDZ2' but nothing happens, and it powers off when I release the button, so it does not stay powered by itself. What could I try to fix it? Thanks in advance!

20240211_133857.jpg

20240216_133645.jpg

20240216_145833.jpg

Hello,

hi to all. First of all thanks to mbrusa, I'm using a TSDZ2 with this firmware and I'm really happy with that (GRAZIE!)!

Now i want to buy a new motor but i see only new TSDZ2B. I tried to search information about flashing it with this firmware but is not clear... someone say is not possible, someone say is ok, other say there are two different controllers and the new one will not works, someone else say only some customer controllers are blocked. Does someone know the situation right now? does it works? Are there different controller models on the 2B? Is there a method to know before buying one? Thanks so much!

Hello,

hi to all. First of all thanks to mbrusa, I'm using a TSDZ2 with this firmware and I'm really happy with that (GRAZIE!)!

Now i want to buy a new motor but i see only new TSDZ2B. I tried to search information about flashing it with this firmware but is not clear... someone say is not possible, someone say is ok, other say there are two different controllers and the new one will not works, someone else say only some customer controllers are blocked. Does someone know the situation right now? does it works? Are there different controller models on the 2B? Is there a method to know before buying one? Thanks so much!
I bought TSDZ2B from PSWPover and it is flashable.

Tongsheng TSDZ2 Torque sensor mid motor Kits

I have been riding my TSDZ2-powered e-bike for 5 years now, using the KT-LCD3 display. I bought an 860c display and was able to flash both units using the assets from this (latest stable) mbrusa release, version v20.1C.4-860C-update-3.

However, when I press the power button, the display shows 'Wait TSDZ2' but nothing happens, and it powers off when I release the button, so it does not stay powered by itself. What could I try to fix it? Thanks in advance!
The message "Wait TSDZ2" indicates that there is no communication between the display and the motor, check the wiring carefully.

The message "Wait TSDZ2" indicates that there is no communication between the display and the motor, check the wiring carefully.
I checked all connections today, I even reconnected the KT-LCD3 back and flashed the TSDZ2 to your *-LCD3 variant which I have been running, it still works.

I saw that my 860c display is version v1.3, could that be a thing? Below a photo of the back of the display, plus the wire mapping I used to connect to the 5-pin motor controller cable. Thanks for any insights!

1000016112.jpg

1000016111.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation.
I don't have all types of displays and therefore, to try, I need someone else's help.

I would also like to know, from someone who has SW102 with a previous version of OSF, who had the problem of the display freezing while navigating the configuration menu, whether the problem is overcome with this new version.
Hi I've got SW102 with your newest version sw102-otaupdate-20.1C.4-4.zip and controller flashed TSDZ2-v20.1C.4-3-860C.hex and its working fine. Thanks for your work. Maybe this movie can help someone with Sw102(I
hope you don't mind)

Last edited:
More than a display, the MCU pin connection diagram would be needed, it should be requested from APT.
In the meantime, let's try to redo the tests the other user did with V1.3, just to confirm that it doesn't work.
From the photos you posted, I saw that you tried version 860C-v20.1C.4-3-bootloader.bin.
Have you also tried 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin and 860C_V12-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin?
When you get the "Wait TSDZ2" message, try holding down the M key, to see if it enters the nagation menu and if the keys work properly.

More than a display, the MCU pin connection diagram would be needed, it should be requested from APT.
In the meantime, let's try to redo the tests the other user did with V1.3, just to confirm that it doesn't work.
From the photos you posted, I saw that you tried version 860C-v20.1C.4-3-bootloader.bin.
Have you also tried 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin and 860C_V12-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin?
When you get the "Wait TSDZ2" message, try holding down the M key, to see if it enters the nagation menu and if the keys work properly.
Sure, I can perform these tests, no problem. I did flash all the versions you mentioned, to see where the behaviour would be different. I also tried powering on while depressing other buttons so I *think* I already covered these paths but no harm in trying again. I presume the 'Wait TSDZ2' message indicates a state where it expects the motor to be sending packets right? I read somewhere else that a user was using his TSDZ2 without display and just shorted some pins on the connector. Is that something that could be forced by a certain button combo?

Btw, is the difference between the v1.3 and previous hardware revisions known in detail already or is that to be determined? If necessary, I could attempt to open up and photograph the PCB if that helps.

Yes, the "Wait TSDZ2" message indicates that it is not receiving packets from the controller.
When this happens on a display that has already worked, the transistor that enables the controller has failed.
I don't think that's your case.
You can however try with a voltmeter, between GND and P+ there must always be the battery voltage, while between GND and Vin there must be the same voltage when the display is on.
We don't know what changed in V1.3, probably the PCB layout and pin assignments of the MCU, as happened with V1.2.
If so, it would be a simple modification, but without a schematic drawing it is complicated. A photo is not enough.

Battery power max (W),
It is the maximum power that can be delivered by the battery in Watts, it depends on the capacity and type of cells.
It is also the motor power limit in offroad mode.
With a 36V 250W motor and 630Wh battery, I set the limits at 530W and 17A, both on street and offroad.
Consider that the motor can run for a few minutes at maximum power.
Nice! I have been looking for this info. I have a 48V 500W motor and 720Wh battery. Which limits, W and A, would you recommend?

I just received TSDZ2B with 860C display from PSWPower. Was able to flash with Firmware open source v20.1C.2-2-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 and seems to be working well. From what I can understand, there is no way to access the menu and parameter setting as there is with the other stock displays. Can anyone confirm if this is right?

If the answer to above is yes, then I might need to buy an 860C and go down the Firmware open source v20.1C.4-4-860C-850C-SW102 route. My understanding is that this needs a bootloader but have no found any good instructions. Does anyone have any?

BTW, the display I received from PSWpower is version 2.0.

I can confirm @mbrusa that after an extra round of reflashing TSDZ2(B) with TSDZ2-v20.1C.4-3-860C.hex and 860c V1.3 with both 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin and 860C_V12-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin, the combination is not working with either firmware.

The message 'Wait TSDZ2' shows and clicking/holding the M button has no effect. This is while keeping the power button pressed, as the unit powers down immediately when I let go of it.

As I read more and more are getting the same unit and are facing the same situation, would be shame if the project couldn't continue. Anything I can do to help?

Oh btw I also flashed the motor back to the KT-LCD3 version before and afterwards, it works as it should.

I did even solder a tx-rx-swap connector which I can place inbetween motor and 860c display to verify if that was the culprit, but that did not seem to be the issue either.

I just received TSDZ2B with 860C display from PSWPower. ...what I can understand, there is no way to access the menu and parameter setting as there is with the other stock displays.....
The answer is no.
You can acces the parameters exactly the same as with other stock display's by using the light button as described in the display manual for OSF.

Because your 860C is a stock Tsdz2 display it isn't possible to acces these parameters as you do with a flashed Bafang type.
Before you consider to buy such a flashable Bafang 860C, read above this post about the problems you can get with the latest v1.3 version.

Nice! I have been looking for this info. I have a 48V 500W motor and 720Wh battery. Which limits, W and A, would you recommend?
You can set 13A and 530W, but even more if you need it, the important thing is to know that you can get the maximum power for a few minutes.
If you often use the motor at high power, it would be better to install a temperature sensor.

I just received TSDZ2B with 860C display from PSWPower. Was able to flash with Firmware open source v20.1C.2-2-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 and seems to be working well. From what I can understand, there is no way to access the menu and parameter setting as there is with the other stock displays. Can anyone confirm if this is right?

If the answer to above is yes, then I might need to buy an 860C and go down the Firmware open source v20.1C.4-4-860C-850C-SW102 route. My understanding is that this needs a bootloader but have no found any good instructions. Does anyone have any?

BTW, the display I received from PSWpower is version 2.0.
On the 860C display, there is definitely a menu where you can set the basic parameters, at least the wheel diameter.
To access:
Double press MENU button (press interval less than 0.3 second) can get into setting menus,
press UP/DOWN buttons to change the parameter setting, press MENU button can switch
to next item. Double press MENU button will exit from menu.
Look for a manual 860C.

For the motor parameters @Elinx has already answered you you can access the parameters exactly the same as with other stock display's by using the light button as described in the display manual for OSF.

Regarding flashing that display, it's not enough to know the version.
I have no news of successful attempts to flash 860C with Tonsheng protocoll.
You should try, but if it goes wrong, the operation is irreversible!

I can confirm @mbrusa that after an extra round of reflashing TSDZ2(B) with TSDZ2-v20.1C.4-3-860C.hex and 860c V1.3 with both 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin and 860C_V12-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin, the combination is not working with either firmware.

The message 'Wait TSDZ2' shows and clicking/holding the M button has no effect. This is while keeping the power button pressed, as the unit powers down immediately when I let go of it.

As I read more and more are getting the same unit and are facing the same situation, would be shame if the project couldn't continue. Anything I can do to help?
One question, the display you are trying, was it originally for Tonsheng or for Bafang?

Back