TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

This is the item I purchased: Bafang 850C 860C LCD Color Display Theme Switch UART G320 G340 M615 BHD BBS0102 M400 M620 G510 G330 Mid Motor 850C

Wasn't aware that two versions exist, is there (apart from the firmware) a physical difference?
860C versions for Bafang uart are flashable,
confirmed by the fact that it is possible to do so, unfortunately in the new version 1.3 there is something different from the others.
I'll try to find out more.
For me, my 860C v1.3 (6 pin)(stock version) works with a tsdz2B.
All displays with Tonsheng protocol work with OSF for stock displays.
Keep using it like this, don't try to flash it.
We have no confirmation of feasibility.

On the 860C display, there is definitely a menu where you can set the basic parameters, at least the wheel diameter.
To access:
Double press MENU button (press interval less than 0.3 second) can get into setting menus,
press UP/DOWN buttons to change the parameter setting, press MENU button can switch
to next item. Double press MENU button will exit from menu.
Look for a manual 860C.

For the motor parameters @Elinx has already answered you you can access the parameters exactly the same as with other stock display's by using the light button as described in the display manual for OSF.

Regarding flashing that display, it's not enough to know the version.
I have no news of successful attempts to flash 860C with Tonsheng protocoll.
You should try, but if it goes wrong, the operation is irreversible!
Thanks @mbrusa and @Elinx yes, I can access the basic parameters. The motor parameters I have more trouble with....using the light button...I will keep trying. Also took me some time to get it with the other stock displays :)

Different question.....I managed to pick up an LM35 temperature sensor but it is a combi humidity sensor....anyone got any idea if it will work or will the controller not be able to read the signal? Thanx

... LM35 temperature sensor but it is a combi humidity sensor.......
What is de pin layout, or exact type number?

I ask because I know only a PCB with DHT11 (humidity) and LM35 (temperature), but that isn't usable.
Imho it's a bit of a waste to take the LM35 from that PCB, but then you can use it.

Last edited:
What is de pin layout, or exact type number?

I ask because I know only a PCB with DHT11 (humidity) and LM35 (temperature), but that isn't usable.
Imho it's a bit of a waste to take the LM35 from that PCB, but then you can use it.
Its this here ...

Looking at the product data sheet it looks very much like it is only temperature so maybe mis-advertised on the site

The specs on the page only indicate a standard LM35, so it should do what any other LM35 would do. :)

You might want to advise them of the page error so they can fix it so it doesn't confuse future buyers.

Hey.
I just ordered another TSDZ2 with Coastbreak for my wife. Seems like its the new controller.

Is it possible to put the old controller of an TSDZ2 without coastbreak in it? Because i have on laying around here.

On PSWPower they sell controller with or without coastbreak. Wondering is thats only a firmware setting which i could enable in MBrusas OSF too with the old controller.

Hey.
I just ordered another TSDZ2 with Coastbreak for my wife. Seems like its the new controller.
How do you deduce this?
Is it possible to put the old controller of an TSDZ2 without coastbreak in it? Because i have on laying around here.

On PSWPower they sell controller with or without coastbreak. Wondering is thats only a firmware setting which i could enable in MBrusas OSF too with the old controller.
If you have to use the stock firmware, you have to take the specific one for coaster brake, if you have to install OSF all are fine, you just have to choose the type of connector which should be 6 pins.

This is the item I purchased: Bafang 850C 860C LCD Color Display Theme Switch UART G320 G340 M615 BHD BBS0102 M400 M620 G510 G330 Mid Motor 850C

Wasn't aware that two versions exist, is there (apart from the firmware) a physical difference?
I got the information about 860C v1.3.
I sent you a private message with the modified version for you to try.

How do you deduce this?

If you have to use the stock firmware, you have to take the specific one for coaster brake, if you have to install OSF all are fine, you just have to choose the type of connector which should be 6 pins.
I cant flash it and i have 0V between swim and ground.

I already swapped the controller with my old one and all the cables.
Motor is noisier then the old motor on my bike but seems that its working so far.

There is no Coast Break Enable option in ur new firmware, isnt there?

I cant flash it and i have 0V between swim and ground.

I already swapped the controller with my old one and all the cables.
Motor is noisier then the old motor on my bike but seems that its working so far.

There is no Coast Break Enable option in ur new firmware, isnt there?
In the Java Configurator version, it is enabled in the "Basic Settings" tab, at the top right.
While in the "Advanced Settings" tab, you set the "Coaster brake torque threshold", recommended from 5 to 15.
In the 860C version they are set in the "Torque sensor" menu.

Last edited:
In the Java Configurator version, it is enabled in the "Basic Settings" tab, at the top right.
While in the "Advanced Settings" tab, you set the "Coaster brake torque threshold", recommended from 5 to 15.
In the 860C version they are set in the "Torque sensor" menu.
Ok thanks.
I use the 860C Version because is have a SW102.
I just was wondering because i thaught in older version there was a menu where u have to enable coast break.
and in ur manual it is also still listed.
But if it is enough to have coaster brake torque threshold its ok for me.
and the coast break is working. motor stops when i brake with the pedals.

Hello, same probleme for me, the assistance stop to help me, i must slow down before it start again.
I return back to original firmware, no more probleme.
Must we calibrate torque?
I found m'y problem, it is link with the freewheel in motor. Sometime, the pedal don't run with the motor. I change the big emgrenage. Test tomorrow.

Ok thanks.
I use the 860C Version because is have a SW102.
I just was wondering because i thaught in older version there was a menu where u have to enable coast break.
and in ur manual it is also still listed.
But if it is enough to have coaster brake torque threshold its ok for me.
and the coast break is working. motor stops when i brake with the pedals.
Yes it's true, there isn't on SW102, just as there are no other non-essential menu items.
I removed them when the display got stuck in setup.
Now that the problem is overcome, I will put them back in the next version.

I got the information about 860C v1.3.
I sent you a private message with the modified version for you to try.
have you a good news for the firmware 860C V1.3 ? :)
for curiosity, what are the changes between v1.2 and v1.3 ?

Thanh you

Yes 860C V1.3 has a different pin assignment.
For the version with Bafang firmware I have received confirmation that it is now working, I just need to complete other details before release.
For the version with Tonsheng firmware, I can't know if it is flashable, previous versions were not.

For a TSDZ2 controller and a KT-LCD3 display, both of which use a stm8s105x6 processor. Is it possible to determine what version OSF is on both? If so, how? Thanks!

I can't know if 860C with Tonsheng protocol is flashable. I don't know of a test to verify this.
The only way is to try, but it's an irreversible operation, if it goes wrong the display has to be thrown away!

OK, I wish OSF. i take the risk :)
I will do the test after the weekend.

Back