TSDZ2 Strange error code

abbeswag

1 mW
Hi, I have been riding my prebuilt TSDZ2 bike for a year, and last week it had troubles turning on, showing error code E13, which I cannot find any information about. And yesterday, the bike no longer turns on, the display gives no feedback at all. The battery seems fine, so its hard to tell what the issue is. It has been cold here, but not sure if related. It uses the VLCD5 screen, and is all a year old, running stock firmware.

Bought a multimeter to try to measure voltages, but is this a known issue?
Thanks

they're not locked as such, but some vendors use a different, 32 rather than 8 bit mcu and no-one has ported the open source firmware as yet to that platform. From the images in the link I posted - if the images match what is delivered - they are compatible with the osf. You can see the 1cm or so square 44 pin stm8 on the right hand side of the controller pcb. The non-compatible controller has more, smaller ICs visible through the potting. If it's got a 1.5x0.75cm or so rectangular IC in the middle and the 1cm square chip on the rhs - then it's an old, osf-compatible controller board.
Thanks!
Really weird, I plugged in the new controller and it was detectable just fine by my PC. however, it still doesn't work. I plugged in only power and display cable, yet my display refuses to turn on. Is the display also broken...

1. Old controller and display = some weird error code that is not in the display manual,
2. Hooked up STM link and controller did not communicate.
3. Sometime after #1, display quit powering up,
4. Put in new controller. It talks to PC. Display still dead.

Comments. Seems like it was a bad display that wrecked the controller. I would get a new display, Now with everything new, everything should work. I would not hook the old display to the new controller any longer, since it may be capable of damaging the controller.

1. Old controller and display = some weird error code that is not in the display manual,
2. Hooked up STM link and controller did not communicate.
3. Sometime after #1, display quit powering up,
4. Put in new controller. It talks to PC. Display still dead.

Comments. Seems like it was a bad display that wrecked the controller. I would get a new display, Now with everything new, everything should work. I would not hook the old display to the new controller any longer, since it may be capable of damaging the controller.
Ok, I won't hook up the display again. I did a few times, however, but nothing seems broken as I can still communicate with the controller. Ordered a new display.

Is it possible the old controller was not flashable at all,and not broken, and it was the display all along? And the new controller is flashable and working, but display still broken.

Status update, it works!

It was not the controller. However the old controller looked different and was perhaps a model not flashable, so i assumed it was broken when it was not.

The display was busted and changing it fixed the problem. Now it works.

Status update, it works!

It was not the controller. However the old controller looked different and was perhaps a model not flashable, so i assumed it was broken when it was not.

The display was busted and changing it fixed the problem. Now it works.
Can you post pics of your 2 controllers?

Back