United States Ends ICE

ZeroEm said:
Must admit Dauntless has as much energy as Trump. I spend to much time on here and can not imagine how much time it would take to come up with long post with lots of links. Just think how much time it would take to hit every topic and add in some Trump lore with several links and keep them updated.

What Trump lore? Are you talking about the Flying Monkey obsession of working into some lie you want to tell? Are you saying all you flying monkey's are one poster?

nicobie said:
Really... Who does he think he is anyway? trump?

Balmorhea said:
in a country that won't bother to do contact tracing during the MAGA plague, it doesn't seem very likely.

ZeroEm said:
you not talking about Trumps border wall again. A waste of billions for two miles.

ZeroEm said:
What does Trump being blamed for one thing or another have to do with the U.S. moving to EV's?

JackFlorey said:
Trump Derangement Syndrome. . . makes no sense.

hillary_flying_monkeys_a_p.jpg

The new hummer EV looks good
https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev
Its got the Honda Ridgeline B pillar look to it. I wonder what the head room, shoulder and leg room will be like.

80-112k$$$$$ fall of 2021

Biden will invest in expanded public transit systems, giving more Americans an affordable, efficient way to get around without their cars. He will help state and local governments plan for the widespread adoption of electric cars, and will coordinate and invest in the construction of a national electric-vehicle charging network to power them. Biden will also push to build a national high-speed rail network; to accelerate the development of low-carbon aviation and shipping technology; and to fortify our infrastructure to withstand the effects of climate change.

https://joebiden.com/infrastructure-plan/

Biden cannot do any of the drastic things he promises. The most he can do is beg Congress to do them.
The President does not have the power being universally attributed, Trump, Biden or Harris. Trump repeatedly tried to change agency funding and Congress simply ignored him.
Congress has most of the power and unfortunately the Presidential show has made that fight invisible.

The future of America does not depend on who the President is. America is much stronger than that, by careful design.
https://www.cfact.org/2020/07/30/bidens-false-climate-promises/

Hillhater said:
Biden cannot do any of the drastic things he promises. . .The President does not have the power being universally attributed. . .
Congress has most of the power and unfortunately the Presidential show has made that fight invisible.

We struggle to understand that being what, exactly. So Obama can blow out fiscal responsibility. He had help, but it was his idea, he made it happen. They call it Obamacare because it's his fault. Trump cut spending, Trump cut taxes. He had help, but it was HIS direction, just as raising spending was Obama's and he wanted to raise taxes more than he did.

A lot of people don't agree with me that the power of the final decision is so important. My experience is that we Democrats value the power of the president more than Republicans, who value the house and senate more. But there's no way of settling that question.

If Biden wins he'll probably get at least some of his wild tax hike, reckless spending will definitely spike. But others will have some say of how bad it really is.

Hillhater said:
The future of America does not depend on who the President is. America is much stronger than that, by careful design.

Dude, you're killing me. You're gonna flatten 70% of the Americans on this board with THAT one. Did you REALLY just say "Careful Design?"

Dauntless said:
. Did you REALLY just say "Careful Design?"
Yup !
EG. The Electoral College system.. you should look up how it works and, MOST importantly, why yhe Nations Founders put it in place.
Put very simply, it was put there to prevent tyranny of the majority.
That is one reason they never even considered a parliamentary system

Hillhater said:
Dauntless said:
. Did you REALLY just say "Careful Design?"
Yup !
EG. The Electoral College system.. you should look up how it works and, MOST importantly, why yhe Nations Founders put it in place.
Put very simply, it was put there to prevent tyranny of the majority.
That is one reason they never even considered a parliamentary system

I've been explaining that. But so many BELIEVE in tyranny of the majority. The Civil War was indeed about tyranny of the majority. History even records the efforts in congress to beat down the south. When a southern representative reminded of the importance of the southern export by saying 'Cotten is King' the response was literally to make laws to change that.

But the Electoral College was intended to keep the LIBERAL southern majority from electing all the presidents. As was the Senate being changed from by population to two senators per state. The CONSERVATIVE New England area cooked up a system to keep themselves in charge but somehow Virginia was getting so many presidents elected. As new states were formed the efforts were made to turn them against the South. The Government did much to support railroad construction from the north to the midwest and the west, yet suppressed serious construction to keep the south hamstrung.

Or, look at the same mentality today. One of this board's top haters calls the midwest the "Fail welfare states." Certainly what he wants, what others think preserve their power, what gives them something to complain about.

I guess it's how you look at "Careful." Is there really something can can prevent demagogues? From another community that discusses better than this one does:

MorinMoss
April 1, 2020 at 4:40 a
@syscomputing

Because as a Progressive he never had the foresight to think about what might happen if someone like TheDonald were to be elected?

Obama is not a progressive & has privately derided some of the more authentic progs like Liz Warren even when he’s adopted some of their ideas.
A true progressive would NEVER have put forth the industry gladhanding and legislative mess that is Obamacare.

sycomputing
April 1, 2020 at 5:42 am

A true progressive would NEVER have put forth the industry gladhanding and legislative mess that is Obamacare.

Thanks for making my point for me.

Back