United States Ends ICE

They don't have to track you. When you go to smog your car, the OBDII tells how far you drove. You can have OBD on an electric car that periodically gets plugged in wherever So you may feel clever blaming Trump for the China virus, but the state computer would know you're a liar just like we do.

by Dauntless » Oct 18 2020 1:55am

They don't have to track you. When you go to smog your car, the OBDII tells how far you drove. You can have OBD on an electric car that periodically gets plugged in wherever So you may feel clever blaming Trump for the China virus, but the state computer would know you're a liar just like we do.

What does Trump being blamed for one thing or another have to do with the U.S. moving to EV's?

Moving Forward Act Is A $1.5 Trillion Congressional Bill That Loves Electric Vehicles

Add electric vehicle proponents to the list of those who are looking for ways to move past 2020. And they've now got a bill in the U.S. Congress–H.R. 2. - that speaks their language.

The Moving Forward Act is a $1.5-trillion, 2,300-page bill that would touch almost every aspect of American life, from the roads we drive on to the way rural communities get broadband internet, from improving ports and train networks to investing in schools and child care. There's even talk in there about electric or hybrid airplanes.

Given that the Moving Forward Act is a bit of a hodgepodge, I'll focus here on the zero-emission vehicle parts. There are two stand-out items on the EV list. First, support for developing an electric vehicle charging network and, second, getting more of those EVs onto the roads by "supporting widespread adoption of zero-emission cars, vans, and buses through tax credits for purchasing vehicles, supporting zero-emission vehicle manufacturing, and deployment of publicly accessible electric vehicle charging infrastructure including underserved communities," according to a fact sheet put out by the House Democrats behind the bill.

Moving Forward ACT

ZeroEm said:
What does Trump being blamed for one thing or another have to do with the U.S. moving to EV's?
He's got something called Trump Derangement Syndrome. It's a knee-jerk reaction where Trump supporters feel like they have to defend Trump whenever his name is mentioned - and even sometimes when it isn't. It's a little like Tourette's. Sometimes they just ejaculate a Trump defense where it makes no sense.

ZeroEm said:
ZeroEm said:
Balmorhea said:
during the MAGA plague, it doesn't seem very likely.
Uneccessary projects..... you not talking about Trumps border wall again.

I'm waiting for you to explain that, what with your dramatic efforts to make an obsession of doing it. Egg face.

JackFlorey said:
He's got something called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Zero? Chalo? Yeah, that IS the name for it.

JackFlorey said:
It's a knee-jerk reaction where Trump supporters feel like they have to defend Trump whenever his name is mentioned - and even sometimes when it isn't. It's a little like Tourette's. Sometimes they just ejaculate a Trump defense where it makes no sense.

No, you're lying, but that's how we know it's really you, Bill. Trump Derangement Syndrome is where you drink the Kool-aid from the people who tell you to hate Trump, freak out all the time, LIE, (I guess YOU had Trump Derangement Syndrome before there WAS Trump Derangement Sydrome, BIll) and of course work into these threads some irrational blaming of Trump.

In the solid form
The storage of hydrogen in solid form, i.e. stored in another material, is also a promising avenue of research.

Methods for storing hydrogen in solid form are techniques involving absorption or adsorption mechanisms of hydrogen by a material.

One example is to form solid metallic hydrides through the reaction of hydrogen with certain metal alloys. This absorption is the result of the reversible chemical combination of hydrogen with the atoms that comprise these materials. The most promising materials are composed of magnesium and alanates.
Planet-Hydrogen

ZeroEm said:
The storage of hydrogen in solid form, i.e. stored in another material, is also a promising avenue of research.
Well, its been a “promising avenue” for 50 years,...but still not attractive !
Mainly because its hard to get more than 10-15% (by weight) of hydrogen stored in Hydrides.
Cryo-compressed storage of hydrogen is the only technology that meets 2015 DOE targets for volumetric and gravimetric efficiency (see "CcH2" on slide 6 in [55]).

Furthermore, another study has shown that cryo-compressed exhibits interesting cost advantages: ownership cost (price per mile) and storage system cost (price per vehicle) are actually the lowest when compared to any other technology (see third row in slide 13 of [56]). For example, a cryo-compressed hydrogen system would cost $0.12 per mile (including cost of fuel and every associated other cost), while conventional gasoline vehicles cost between $0.05 and $0.07 per mile.

markz said:
nicobie said:
I wonder if there is a way to keep Daunti in the basement? No need to ruin all of ES.

Havent you tried User Control Panel yet?

I don't recall if he was ordered to ignore me or not. The others have been so bad about it, addiction being what it is. Ah well, keeps one junkie off the street and not harassing others in person.

Dauntless said:
I don't recall if he was ordered to ignore me or not. The others have been so bad about it, addiction being what it is. Ah well, keeps one junkie off the street and not harassing others in person.

The hazy fog of booze never really wears off for them. What a way to live a life, oh well.

nicobie said:
I wonder if there is a way to keep Daunti in the basement? No need to ruin all of ES.

Given the number of actually valuable contributors who’ve been banned permanently, it does make me wonder why this chronic polluter is still here. It’s not like he redeems his bad behavior by providing lots of good information.

Life with out the Mysteries reviled
Here's Why California’s Executive Order Banning Gasoline-Powered Car Sales is Deeply Flawed
end internal combustion new-car sales by 2035 “I'm actually in favor of it,” said Beau Boeckmann, president of Galpin Motors, 11 dealers strong in Southern California and for many years the world’s largest Ford dealer. “I grew up in the San Fernando Valley in the 1970s. With the bad smog and asthma and all of those things, I can't stand pollution.”

Boeckmann is looking forward to the Ford Mustang Mach-E and electric F-150, pointing out the Mach-E's performance and the electric F-150's torque.

“I do think it might signal to some of the manufacturers that are on the fence that it's time to get off the fence.”

Balmorhea said:
Given the number of actually valuable contributors who’ve been banned permanently, it does make me wonder why this chronic polluter is still here. It’s not like he redeems his bad behavior by providing lots of good information.

But you think it's hatefulness that's so valuable, hence the "Valuable Contributors" statement. Just the chance to even DISCUSS hating someone, ah the tingles you get. . . .

Dauntless said:
Balmorhea said:

But you think it's hatefulness that's so valuable, hence the "Valuable Contributors" statement. Just the chance to even DISCUSS hating someone, ah the tingles you get. . . .
And there have been no valuable contributors banned since he joined here so how would he know? Special knowledge maybe?

No one in this thread is getting banned.

Trump & Biden Seem To Agree On One Thing: Both Support Electric Cars

As you may know, Trump showed up at the White House recently with an all-electric pickup truck from Lordstown Motors. He's also praised Tesla's Elon Musk on occasion. However, his policy has seemed to point at not supporting electric cars, as he works to lower fuel economy requirements and do away with the U.S. federal electric car tax credit. Trump shared in the past:

Meanwhile, Joe Biden has a full-scale future plan in place to help EV adoption, which includes building 500,000 EV fast-charging stations on our highways and transition the federal fleet to electric vehicles. He said:

Trump and Biden agree on EV future

Balmorhea said:
Given the number of actually valuable contributors who’ve been banned permanently, it does make me wonder why this chronic polluter is still here.
You can always ignore him.

JackFlorey said:
Balmorhea said:
Given the number of actually valuable contributors who’ve been banned permanently, it does make me wonder why this chronic polluter is still here.

Already done, long ago. But he still gets quoted, and still pollutes threads and lowers the signal/noise ratio around here.

JackFlorey said:
Balmorhea said:

No, he can't bring himself to fight his addiction any more than you can. How many names you "Two" have "Between" you? Can you even get up the nerve to hit 'Ignore' on just one of them? Do you blame nuclear power for your addiction?

How you see yourselves:

entertainment-2011-05-barrel-of-monkeys-monkey-king-kong.jpg

How the rest of see you:

entertainment-2011-05-barrel-of-monkeys-monkey-pipsqueak.jpg

Balmorhea said:
Already done, long ago. But he still gets quoted, and still pollutes threads and lowers the signal/noise ratio around here.
True dat. But you can ignore him even if you see his posts.

JackFlorey said:
Balmorhea said:
True dat. But you can ignore him even if you see his posts.

Show him how, Bill, demonstrate that expertise of yours. He has long said yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is in ignore. You two could do rehab/withdrawal/ignore together.

f80edd96bb41d201355411d4de2ac470--pipes-funny-signs.jpg

Must admit Dauntless has as much energy as Trump. I spend to much time on here and can not imagine how much time it would take to come up with long post with lots of links. Just think how much time it would take to hit every topic and add in some Trump lore with several links and keep them updated.

Back