Vectrix VX1 - Used/new Nimh cells and battery temp sensors

deegee

1 µW
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I've just aquired a non running Vectrix VX1, have removed the batteries, split into groups, tested - charged - measured results, etc...
What I've discovered are a few cells which vary before and after charging with the OK cells, so I'm wondering if anyone in a close enough area to me has an old pack for spares lying about who wouldn't mind helping me out??
I've also discovered 3 or 4 battery temp sensors which are damaged or tracks corroded through, so I need spares here also.
I'd love to chat with other owners of the VX1, maybe even meet up and have a chat over a cup of tea...
This is as far as I've got so far. I did temporarily connect it up (after carefully using the approved method of charging the capacitors), without any of the battery monitoring wiring/boards connected up, and turned the key. It went through the sequence but as expected showed no battery voltage on the display..
I had headlight and indicators working, but was confused as to why front and rear brakes didn't light up the tail brake light.
Anyway... looking forward to any responses and hopefully some help with what I need ...can't wait to get it working :? :?

I have another Vectrix from 2 months ago.
my Vectrix has ni-mh battery.
where do you live?

Battery can do many things.

first.

cyclizing 102 battery cells. check the battery capacity. loaded stop and check all the cells after a few days if the voltage fallen much.

With this. change the cells that are poorly used by others. You can get them at a low price or given away.

second.

forget this and mount the battery with nissan leaf cells. These batteries fit the perfecion.

third.

Mount a battery with 18650 cells with 500 cells or more.

I recommend the second option.

Visit the visforvoltage.org page. There is much information.

Sounds like your brake switches are bad. You won't get the bike to go without them (its part of the interlock sequence).

Back