Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Transerfer said:
BareKuda said:
Transerfer said:
How can I at least do a factory restore? Thanks!!
To do “factory reset” equivalent you need the original configuration file, unmodified. If you opened it, changed it and saved it under the same name, it might be corrupted.

Hello BareKuda! I struggled with this problem for two days and nothing happened. I am sending 2 screenshots, on the first one the full original "ini" of the controller file. On the second, what is loaded after recording. What is circled in red does not change in any way. Whatever values ​​I enter..
Do you have an idea what could be the problem? And what can I do to solve it? Thank you very much in advance!

The original file looks ok for page 1. Are you saying after you open that file and then “write param” it goes back to the second screenshot with 38a and 55v OVP?

If so then something is corrupted.

Post your orientation ini file and your current ini file here and ill try to make you a good file.

Update on my issues:

Display page not working - FIXED - this came alive when I unchecked CAN Enable on page 1. What's the significance of this? Is it now using some other communication protocol? Writing params seems supported in both modes.

My 2 remaining start up issues are sport input not working and DKD not displaying info via 1 line.

Sport input - I'm using port [PB3:f, 18:sport input] and on the harness side jumping pin 6, brown- sport to ground. I understand this port setting concept well but the missing link is a pin # to PA/PB/PC/PD designation. I am using the Votol guide but it may be the old controller with 2 harnesses, not sure if harness to port mapping stayed the same and I don't want to risk things here. Does this exist somewhere?

DKD Display and one lin output - FIXED - CAN 2 wires needed to be connected to DKD display, I figured one-lin was a single wire LIN signal. Display shows speed, current, rpm, gears etc. Just need to figure out sport mode now.

Thanks again in advance to anyone who can help. I'm keen on learning this controller well and contributing here with my findings and and helpful info I get from QS/Votol.

BareKuda said:
Transerfer said:
BareKuda said:
Transerfer said:
How can I at least do a factory restore? Thanks!!
To do “factory reset” equivalent you need the original configuration file, unmodified. If you opened it, changed it and saved it under the same name, it might be corrupted.

Hello BareKuda! I struggled with this problem for two days and nothing happened. I am sending 2 screenshots, on the first one the full original "ini" of the controller file. On the second, what is loaded after recording. What is circled in red does not change in any way. Whatever values ​​I enter..
Do you have an idea what could be the problem? And what can I do to solve it? Thank you very much in advance!

The original file looks ok for page 1. Are you saying after you open that file and then “write param” it goes back to the second screenshot with 38a and 55v OVP?

If so then something is corrupted.

Post your orientation ini file and your current ini file here and ill try to make you a good file.

Yes, you are absolutely right, friend! And so it happens! After saving the original "ini" file and rebooting, what comes out is what is in the second screenshot.

What exactly can be damaged? Do you mean mechanical?

Do you mean send you the original? If yes, then I'm attaching it here!

Thank you

Attachments

• Config.ini
    483 bytes · Views: 92
Setup: EM150-SP/2, QS 138 70h v3, only wired throttle, e-lock and CAN to computer up. Would like to jump sport mode always-on.

I'm preparing for the first road test, I have the minimum port assignments and harness connections but controller is default in H gear and the wheel spins on the stand. It spins somewhat quickly but any rear brake application stops it completely, and the bike has 0 wheel torque once I put it on the ground.
Could that be a phase wire/hall shift issue?
I'm looking for other settings that could affect this, it spins great forward gets to 50kph on stand with good motor noise.

I would like to connect my gear and sport selector since I'm reading I should try all this in sport, but I don't feel confident with all the different wiring/port settings out there. I'm on an EM-150SP/2 and it has the large, 23 pin connector.

Attachments

• Config 072722 works wheel up.ini
    479 bytes · Views: 79
Transerfer said:

Thank you

I used your file to get all the settings to enter into a copy of my file which is my current file. i can see some numbers inside still don't match but maybe it will allow you to make change.

try this file and see if your controller will accept them and allow you to change settings and write param.

IF it works but not your ideal settings, go ahead and change these settings to match your motor-controller.

Attachments

• ConfigEM50-72v.ini
    484 bytes · Views: 82
BareKuda said:
Transerfer said:

Thank you

I used your file to get all the settings to enter into a copy of my file which is my current file. i can see some numbers inside still don't match but maybe it will allow you to make change.

try this file and see if your controller will accept them and allow you to change settings and write param.

IF it works but not your ideal settings, go ahead and change these settings to match your motor-controller.

Thanks a lot, friend! I'll try it today and I'll be sure to post the results.

Got my EM-150SP/2 and QS 138 v3 running with a base config file and changing motor settings. Should be -60 hall shift and exchange phase blue-green if using the physical wiring shown in my previous post.

In general, are there areas of parameter tuning or operation in general to be cautious with? Basically things that could damage the controller/motor/battery? I already consider port settings like this but am curious about specific parameters.

I saw the post a while ago about the fire starting controller, possibly caused by disconnecting during high regen. Any pitfalls like this I want to be very aware of.

Thanks all & cheers!

Attachments

• C2 080122 spinning - change motor settings park port.ini
    493 bytes · Views: 65
Hi guys, i'm looking for complete config file to program VOTOL EM-150SP/2 with stock Sur-Ron motor. Any help would be appreciate!

laarSn

MomentFD said:
In general, are there areas of parameter tuning or operation in general to be cautious with? Basically things that could damage the controller/motor/battery? I already consider port settings like this but am curious about specific parameters.

That last configuration file looks like a good starting point. I see it has 7000 rpm HDC so that is well into flux weakening.

The HDC rpm should be set at the fastest it can realistically run under load. If 7000 is 100 mph and 200a then that wont work. But if the motor and controller can handle the load then you can tweak HDC rpm and flux weakening (including compensation %) until it give best results.

Unfortunately I haven’t played with that much because my 500w motor needs 1500w to cruise at 25 mph which it can do at base speed.

Just make small changes and road test between changes. I took my laptop with me so it was easy. If you have to stop and connect the laptop each time it will be arduous but thats what it takes,

BareKuda said:
Paulflieg said:
BareKuda said:
HelloItsMeJosh said:
Hello there, can any of you guys help a dude out and send over the 2.33 version of the software please?

http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/202101/2021012949865893.zip

This is just the debugging software, nothing more!

What were you expecting? The STM32 firmware? Do you think he wants that? Go ahead and post it here. Lol

Nothing, yes, yes, I would very much like to do......

Paulflieg said:
BareKuda said:
Paulflieg said:
BareKuda said:

This is just the debugging software, nothing more!

What were you expecting? The STM32 firmware? Do you think he wants that? Go ahead and post it here. Lol

Nothing, yes, yes, I would very much like to do......

Go ahead, if you can, but you cant. Flashing the STM32 requires special equipment and the file. Most people have no idea how to do it and will only brick their controller. But go ahead and post the links to everything needed to do that..if you can. Lol

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,806
Qs138 and EM150/2sp wiring issue!

I think every thing is setup properly and my display comes on but the motor will not spin. I have read all over this thread and i have not found a solution i havent tried.

Please help!

I got the QS138 kit with EM150/2sp and wiring harness from http://siaecosys.com. I have followed the wiring diagrams and tried a few tips from this thread. so far this is where i am.

The motor is connected to the controller via the hal connector and the BGY phase wires and B+ B- are connected to the 72v battery.

I have jumped power into the Yellow ignition wire which made the display come on. I also jumped power into the grey/purple E-lock wire. The display comes on but doesnt show anything but the battery level.

I connected the red,black,green throttle wires to the pink,black,green throttle wires on the controller and the blue,grey,orange gear switch wires to the black/white,black/brown and green/white gear wires on the controller. still no gear apears on the display in any gear selection and the motor does not spin with the throttle.

i have discovered that if i connect the bullet connection for the purple “one line” and the controllers white “line signal” wire the display says the gear is ‘P’.

Please tell me what i am missing! What can i do to troubleshoot?

Thank you all!

0cd37786eb4abaf9c55507ccb5981ad1.jpg

738e1a08df002dc5728181bdc7699122.jpg

0425218a78d3ac682392ad4e85e29d3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using the EM-150 and USB cable and HC-05 Bluetooth module - both work with a PC.

Where an I find the android app, ideally in english. Ive read that it is available on the WeChat app but cant find where?

Thanks!

Hello all, tried to read almost entire thread but can locate if someone can share the config file for new EM100 with QS WP30030X?

New to the Votol Controller
I am having issue with intermittently run. Motor stop for very a short drive and it can only work again if the motor is completely stop.

Tried to change the throttle and the setting as well but SL issue still there.

Glad if I could have a copy of EM100 config file to load either 60v or 72v is fine.

Thanks

Hey all hoping someone can chime in.

So I’m wiring in my throttle setup. It is a throttle with the added blue and yellow wires that plug into my controller. The other 3 wires are green, black and red.

Currently I have my yellow wire going to battery + and the blue wire going right to the gray/purple E-lock. I do NOT have a battery + going to e lock. Just the blue wire that is part is the throttle/key assembly.

Everything powers on and is ok. Can I leave it like this as I don’t have actual battery + going to the e lock? I suppose the blue wire is putting out some voltage but I haven’t measure it’s output.

Below are pics. The yellow wire goes right to battery + and the blue wire goes into where that red posi-tap is which is the gray/purple wire.

I watched a Dr. Chopper video and this appears to be how his bike is wired in this particular video. https://youtu.be/yLmT4m3XMdE

Also a pic of what QS sent me stating how to wire it all in.

Attachments

• 021E0BD7-018C-4377-B851-8C4FBCE30572.jpeg
    021E0BD7-018C-4377-B851-8C4FBCE30572.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,655
  • BCB82ECD-3FF6-47D4-A78E-1FB02A01DC15.jpeg
    BCB82ECD-3FF6-47D4-A78E-1FB02A01DC15.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,656
  • 0F087E45-480C-48A3-834A-E5A46B8383B1.png
    0F087E45-480C-48A3-834A-E5A46B8383B1.png
    714.2 KB · Views: 1,659
MDG said:

So I’m wiring in my throttle setup. It is a throttle with the added blue and yellow wires that plug into my controller. The other 3 wires are green, black and red.

Currently I have my yellow wire going to battery + and the blue wire going right to the gray/purple E-lock. I do NOT have a battery + going to e lock. Just the blue wire that is part is the throttle/key assembly.

Everything powers on and is ok. Can I leave it like this as I don’t have actual battery + going to the e lock? I suppose the blue wire is putting out some voltage but I haven’t measure it’s output.

If you bought a combination throttle/key/display (optional) then the 3 throttle wires go to the throttle connector and the two other wires go to battery (+) and controller ignition. Which one goes where should be in your instructions. If it has the display then it will only come on when the key is on, otherwise the wires are reversed.

4CC7B292-6108-48DB-A1DB-457BFAD61767.jpeg

The key also sends power to the accessories, either directly if they are rated to battery full charge voltage or to the dc/dc converter which supplies 12v to the accessories.

Of course the key can replaced with a switch of adequate current carrying ability.

BareKuda said:
MDG said:

If you bought a combination throttle/key/display (optional) then the 3 throttle wires go to the throttle connector and the two other wires go to battery (+) and controller ignition. Which one goes where should be in your instructions. If it has the display then it will only come on when the key is on, otherwise the wires are reversed.

The key also sends power to the accessories, either directly if they are rated to battery full charge voltage or to the dc/dc converter which supplies 12v to the accessories.

Of course the key can replaced with a switch of adequate current carrying ability.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Yes, it is a key switch/throttle and digital voltage display. Looks like I have it fine then. One wire goes to battery + and one wire goes to controller e-lock. Thanks again

Wanting to ask another question, I bought my motor and controller kit directly from QS and was told the motor was programmed to the controller already. Everything powers up and works fine but curious if they just set it on like the lowest setting for outputs? Is it worth it for me to download the programming software and check my current settings? It came with the USB data cable but I haven’t downloaded or done any setting stuff.

MDG said:
BareKuda said:
MDG said:

Awesome, thanks for the info. Yes, it is a key switch/throttle and digital voltage display. Looks like I have it fine then. One wire goes to battery + and one wire goes to controller e-lock. Thanks again
Hello,
I also got my QS138 and EM150/2sp kit with wiring harness. Did you get the wiring harness? I did not get a key switch on my throttle but ive given power to my yellow and grey/purple. The throttle has the green black red is connected to the controller with green black pink. still my display comes on but motor doesnt turn. what else did you hook up? gear wiresor anything like that to get the motor spinning?
thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back