Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

fishblood said:
That's all right. I tested many version of them. Few problem of connection. have fun

MDG said:
fishblood said:
my suggestions
1. make sure u r using CAN bus or UART serial bus
2. make sure the USB cable mapping to correct port number
3. you can check your "device manger" for correct device drive and COM port number

the more suggestion is find another computer and test again. :)

MDG said:
Anyone? Any ideas what this is? I’ve uninstalled and re installed the software 3 times now. QS is no help. I don’t get why it was working and now this ridiculous error code I can’t understand. 🤷

Thanks. And is it best to just download the Dropbox folder from page 1 or use the download from Siaecosys?

Thanks, so that weird code message I shouldn’t worry about? It’s not allowing me to connect the controller either. I’ll keep trying things. Thanks

MDG said:
My battery is a 50A continuous and 100A peak. So should I set my busbar current to 50A? It was pre-set to 120 from QS. Just dont want to trip the BMS..Thanks

Yes, also you must set on Current Limitting on Page2 to 50A

MDG said:
delbidotbiz said:
I have same problem
It's because windows 11 update

Can we downgrade to windows 10 or pre update? I totally reset my pc last night and the hard drive so going to try it again later.

try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-55qciTQ0IQ
works on me

Just posting a fault code I run into while trying to bench test my em50 - QS90 set.

Fault code: 00080000 /search terms: 0008000 80000

It would pop up when I tried to twist the throttle. It turned out to be a power supply issue,
my positive and negative terminals where not tight enough. I suppose the voltage dropped
when motor tried to run and caused the error, although no undervoltage error.
Also I cannot change "model" from em100 (original setting) to em50, maybe they are using
em100 firmware? Anyway, if it works don't fix it...

Holly crap I figured out the software issue. My com ports where all measured and not configured. Something got wonky. Reset my PC and reset downloaded all new everything and were in business. I turned off my wifi and internet connection to the pc so it can’t do any BS updates or driver re configurations. Was able to get the Votol software just fine now. Hallelujah

john61ct said:
Ah yes, good ol' "turn it off and on again" carried to its logical conclusion

Aghhh more or less. Got it working on windows 11 as I first thought maybe that was the issue but all seems ok now

Hello,

did someone tried the self learn function of this Controller?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGaxkSrnI2c

I couldnt find the .BIN file like advertised in the video.
Does anyone know more about this or could share the BIN file with me?

Hey! I'm currently using the EM-100 controller with CAN-bus. I can start the motor and rotate it ONLY when i manually start it by physically turning it after a start flag and speed parameter has been set. Afterwards i can stop the motor by setting the speed to 0 and can drive the motor again without phyiscally turning it. If i however turn of the forward bit in the CAN message i have to manually turn it again. Has anyone seen this before?

Celicatrd2000 said:
larsb said:
I believe that motor has a square bemf and should ideally be driven with square wave controller.
What other phase angles did you try besides -120? That’s your biggest chance of getting it to work to find the optimal phase angle match.

I tried phase angle -180 -120 -60 0 60 120 180. At -120 angle phase, motor can run smooth and no noise. Only problem is when release the throtte (speed slow down but not stop yet). The controller cut off and show overcurrent.

Did you find the solution?
I have a same problem

I have a standalone em50SP controller without debug cable. I have a blue cable leftover from a bust controller so i thought i could use it with the standalone em50sp but it doesnt work. Is the difference between the S and SP the cable? It seems to me that the SP uses the black CAN dongle while the S uses the blue dongle. Can someone confirm this?

Is there any trick to activate the external temp sensor? I had an em30 once and the temp sensor worked and could be set to pretty much any port. Then i had another em30 that just couldnt be made work. Now i have an em50 and the temp sensor doesnt work on this either.

Dear Experts!

I've bought an electric motor, which has a QSmotor probably 3000W version,
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/3000w-motor-assembly/
(or the weaker 2000W one)
claimed as max 3.7kW in power mode in the seller's paper and has probably an Votol Controller EM-150 or 100 controller accordign to the images and how it looks like from outside.

This motorbike is really fast in power mode, it can accelerate faster than any 125size motorbike until 40-45kmph then it just stops accelerating... so maximum 45kmph.
(Due to the CoC paper regulations, but it is not that accurate, with full charge it can go up to 48kmph on the spedometer, ít half capacity max 46kmph if downhill of backwind.)

My question is, is there any specific speed limiter by wire (some people say I only need to disonnect a wire, but I think it is just their guess) or it vould be the enable speed limit in the configuration?

It has no speed switch onlí a 2 way ECO/Power mode switch, i am not sure is it a sport mode or soem kind of 2 speed switch?
How could I check it?

In that case I have to build an usb cable for it to check its config.
Does it need only a TTL-USB converter liek an FTDI cable I use for Arduino programming for example?
Thanks for any help in advance!

First, does the wheelspeed get faster with the wheel offground than when riding it?

If not, then it is speed limited by the controller just as a set speed limit (probably to meet a legal requirement).

If it does, then it is speed limited either by current from the controller (in which case top speed will change as you go up or down any slopes, or there are head or tail winds), or by voltage of the system (the base max speed of the motor is determined by the voltage applied to it vs the winding scheme of it, not counting any load on it).

amberwolf said:
First, does the wheelspeed get faster with the wheel offground than when riding it?

If not, then it is speed limited by the controller just as a set speed limit (probably to meet a legal requirement).

If it does, then it is speed limited either by current from the controller (in which case top speed will change as you go up or down any slopes, or there are head or tail winds), or by voltage of the system (the base max speed of the motor is determined by the voltage applied to it vs the winding scheme of it, not counting any load on it).

If it is for my question, thanks for the reply!
I cannot test it offground as it has a lots of plastic around I cannot make a stand below it without breaking it, it weights 100+kg.
Also cannot reach the top of the controller to make really sure it is the VOTOL, and the heatsink shape is a bit different, but i see VOTOL controller is recommended for this QSmotor.

I try to remove the plastic covers without losing warranty if I can... during the weekend and make pictures of the top of the controller.
I need to remove the whole fake gas tank and all plastic cover to reach it...

It is definitely slowing a bit down when battery is below 60% so I assume can be current limited (46kmph max instead of 48 not a big difference but visible).
I think it has no spedometer connection, just guessing the speed by the RPM as speed controllers control the RPM and speed is calculated by the factor of the gear ratio and wheel size from RPM.

I am 90% sure it is the 2000W version of this motor:
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/2000w-mid-drive-motor/
As seller said it has 3.7kW peak power and the 2000W has a 4.6kW peak but on 50Amp limit it is around 3.7kW if I calculate.
The 3000W version has 11kW peak so absolutely it is the 2000W rated QSmotor and 50Amp is the max what they let it run.

Attachments

• IMG_20220915_112212.jpg
    IMG_20220915_112212.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,635
  • IMG_20220807_102304.jpg
    IMG_20220807_102304.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,632
  • IMG_20220807_102301.jpg
    IMG_20220807_102301.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,635
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,635
fotoamg said:
I've bought an electric motor, which has a QSmotor probably 3000W version,

This motorbike is really fast in power mode, it can accelerate faster than any 125size motorbike until 40-45kmph then it just stops accelerating... so maximum 45kmph.

What did you buy? A motor? A kit? Or a complete electric motorcycle?

If its a whole motorcycle what are the whole specs? Did you buy it new from a legitimate seller? If so whats tge link to the item? You sent links to a motor but saying you a are afraid to take your bike apart due to warranty.

It sounds like you just need to get the debugging cable for that controller and set the settings for your battery BMS and motor.

BareKuda said:
What did you buy? A motor? A kit? Or a complete electric motorcycle?

If its a whole motorcycle what are the whole specs? Did you buy it new from a legitimate seller? If so whats tge link to the item? You sent links to a motor but saying you a are afraid to take your bike apart due to warranty.

It sounds like you just need to get the debugging cable for that controller and set the settings for your battery BMS and motor.

Hi BareKuda!

Yes "its a whole motorcycle" with CoC paper to use in EU here with AM license, but it is limited to 45kmph according to law and I just want to test its full potential.
I cannot say its name as when I was looking for info how to remove the speed limit I heard that there were German sites about the process an all was removed, no more search result, so they search on the Modding results and make it disappear....
don't want to risk this page and the info.

I also don't want to ruin thy 2 year warranty so not planning to make irreversibe modifications.
If it is possible to connect and import params save to ini then remove speed limit by setting which is reversible then I want to try it.

I am experienced on brushless motors and arduino microcontroller programming I made lots of drones and drone firmwares in the past so if it needs just a FTDI (TTL-USB) adapter and if I know the pinout and the software I could make it I guess on my own.

I cannot see the top of the controller yet as there are lots of plastic covers a fake gas tank etc and hologram stickers on screws just not to be able to disassembly without ruining the warranty, but the plugs are visible and I could locate the debugging port, btu did not find it yet.

I know that the QSmotor 2000W mid motor KIT is used and the recommended controller is the VOTOL EM-100 or 150.
According to the heatsink size I mesasured now approx 215x114 dimensions it fits the EM100S which has 218x123mm dimension of heatsink on the controller.
I have to collect as many info before taking the bike apart to avoid losing warranty.
I can attach a picture of the bike without writing its name, maybe it is not that risky :)

Thanks for any help in advance!

p.s.: I checked how the plugs come from my controler on the top by my fingers from the side, and it seems that not matching the VOTOL layout, it hes one big plug and a smaller, not 2 smoller like VOTOL :(
I draw it in a picture.... so maybe VOTOL is recommended in the KIT but the motor company changed to their own controller or a different one :(

edit:I searched for other hours on alibaba to find which controller has same heatsing and plug design, an found this 1500W noname undocumented one:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Brushless-DC-1500W-Electric-Scooter-Elelctric_60744970545.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.6e6b4f19KmQ8nc

probably I have that and not VOTOL, so sorry, I am in the wrong thread and have to find info on that controller not VOTOL.
Not sure if teh VOTOL is compatible, but if compatible I could buy a VOTOL EM-100 which fits in place and could be better than this noname one...

Attachments

• _SAM2738.jpg
    _SAM2738.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 1,604
  • votol_vs_mineplugs_1j.jpg
    votol_vs_mineplugs_1j.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,601
fotoamg said:
probably I have that and not VOTOL, so sorry, I am in the wrong thread and have to find info on that controller not VOTOL.
Not sure if teh VOTOL is compatible, but if compatible I could buy a VOTOL EM-100 which fits in place and could be better than this noname one...
Sometimes they use non-programmable clone controllers on these bikes but that mid drive swingarm is not cheap so I would expect a real controller. Even the cheap controller will go faster than 45 kph so probably its jumpered into speed 2 if its not programmable.

Do you have a link that shows the bike specs? I cant tell which motor that is.

Does it already have lithium battery or still the lead acid? Many of these sell with lead acid to get the price down but I would be surprised to see that middrive without lithium ion battery.

Many newer votol only have two plugs:
38255EEC-9969-4AFA-B5DB-6CECD84691C6.jpeg

BareKuda said:
Sometimes they use non-programmable clone controllers on these bikes but that mid drive swingarm is not cheap so I would expect a real controller. Even the cheap controller will go faster than 45 kph so probably its jumpered into speed 2 if its not programmable.

Do you have a link that shows the bike specs? I cant tell which motor that is.

Does it already have lithium battery or still the lead acid? Many of these sell with lead acid to get the price down but I would be surprised to see that middrive without lithium ion battery.

Dear BareKuda,

I searched for Proud Eagle site for the controller "PROUD EAGLE Model Number LM96152" and this specific 1500W rated one has no page even at the manufacturer, but the 1200W and the 1800W version has a page.
Here at the 1200W version there is a wiring:
http://www.proud-eagle.com/product.asp?plt=39&Pone=4
On the diagram the "speed limit" is an analog input voltage reference betwean 0V(GND) and +5V lines.
On the poinout pin 25 has teh speed limit.
So probably I have to connect pin25 to GND or +5V to disable pin limit on that LM96152 version too.

I can link the motor specification:
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/2000w-mid-drive-motor/
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/mid-drive-motor/

Here copy pasted data from the electric motor sellers spec:
Code:
Engine
Type
Brushless 3-phase DC electric motor
Motor
Center motor
Nominal voltage
72 V
Nominal power
3,7 kW @ 1800 min
Maximum torque
19,7 Nm @ 1800 min
Power stages
Battery
Type
Lithium-Ion (removable)
Number of batteries
Nominal voltage
72 V
Nominal capacity
26 Ah
Capacity
1872 Wh
Chassis
Front rim
MT2.75 x 12
Rear rim
MT3.50 x 12
Front tire
110/70-12
Rear tire
120/70-12
Front suspension
Telescopic fork
Rear suspension
Swingarm with double shock absorber
Front brake
Hydraulic disc brake, brake disc Ø 220 mm
Rear brake
Hydraulic disc brake, brake disc Ø 190 mm
Dimensions & Mass
Length
1760 mm
Width
810 mm
Height
1000 mm
Number of seating positions
Kerb weight (without battery/-ies)
84 kg
Weight of battery/-ies
16 kg
Mass in running order
100 kg
Permissible maximum weight
250 kg
Driving performance
Top speed
45 km/h
Range
65 km
Energy consumption
35 Wh/km
Gradability
35%

fotoamg said:
On the diagram the "speed limit" is an analog input voltage reference betwean 0V(GND) and +5V lines.
So probably I have to connect pin25 to GND or +5V to disable pin limit on that LM96152 version too.

F9300C65-CF03-42A8-9A52-F3E1700487E5.jpeg

Yes, if this is connected then unplugging it might release the beast. That controller seems programmable but not sure where the software is.

BareKuda said:
fotoamg said:

F9300C65-CF03-42A8-9A52-F3E1700487E5.jpeg

Yes, if this is connected then unplugging it might release the beast. That controller seems programmable but not sure where the software is.

Yes, but first I have to find a way to ermove the plastic covers to reach all the plugs, there is a similar controller which has different pinout and no documentation also:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004105836465.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4c4c4f234cEbrn&algo_pvid=74bfa3ce-3f2d-4884-8b2d-00e8508c4c12&algo_exp_id=74bfa3ce-3f2d-4884-8b2d-00e8508c4c12-2&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000030251201698%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21HUF%2175160.72%2136077.31%21%21%21%21%21%40210318c216633338772411945e994a%2112000030251201698%21sea&curPageLogUid=HRwIo7I5w6cz

fotoamg said:

Most likely pin 25 has a wire connected to ground, pulling the 5v to zero. Its also likely to have a tiny connector that you can disconnect so that you can re-enable it if going for inspection.

But if the controller is user programable then the settings can be all internal. Like my ebike can only go 45kph at 60v (without flux weakening). And the 500 watt motor can’t handle the extra current from flux weakening.

But if the regulations said 25 kph is max speed, i can set all 3 speeds to give max 25 kph and just make speed one 10a, speed two 20a, speed three 35a ans get more acceleration but it will act like you suddenly turned off the power when it reaches 25 kph, then add enough amps back to maintain speed.

If your bike goes up to 45 kph and then acts like the power was cut, then its definitely some internal setting.

I believe your bike, without the limiter, is designed for 70 kph. It can go faster than that with mods.

BareKuda said:
If your bike goes up to 45 kph and then acts like the power was cut, then its definitely some internal setting.

I believe your bike, without the limiter, is designed for 70 kph. It can go faster than that with mods.

HI!
Yes it has very much power to accelerate, in POWER mode it accelerate faster than other 125cc category electric bikes like Super Socco.
Here is my acceleration against an unlocked speed limit Super Socco having 3kW motor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNuQr27wI-4
Socco only gets ahead after going over 45kmph. (For Socco it is easy to unlock as it is a common bike with lots of buyers and community, but Socco have weaker components and HUB motor.)

It is at 40kmph almost in 1-2 sec instantly in power mode... I have to grab the wheel strong not to get off and if the back brake button cable is disconnected it can start one wheeled even with this 100kg low weight center motor body plus 90kg of driver...

When it reached 40-45kmph it l feels like power is cut.
I try to disassemble some plastic stuff to be able to see the top of the controller soon if I can.
I think speed limiter could be analog so not programmed, I have to see if it matches a bit the controller of the 1200W version of PROUD EAGLE and where pin 25 goes...

edit: I checked all the pictures I could find about my controller (without pinout doc) and if I don't find any speed limiter analog wire I might have to use the configuration software from their site.
There is a SW which can be donwloaded for 4kW controllers, I hope that one could work with this 1500W told one.

I only soo pictures of cables and everything depends on wether I'll find a plug with about 6 pins in one row around 1.25m gap sile a standard jumper JSTL interface.
controllerWR3usbL1.jpg

On their pictiures it looks like on the sides are the gnd and 5V wires and next to 5V are the RX and TX and I could try them with an FTDI serial adapter and this application called LBMC GUI V3.2.4, it has a speed limiter config in the fields.

I managed so far to remove some plastic covers from the motorbike now only need the opposite side to remove the fake gastank and reacch the top of the controller.
Could try to see wiring tomorrow.

edit2: I managed to remove cover, lots of pins like speed limit and config rx tx might be missing from the wires, this cable is not the official one just for "driving".... I attach pics....

edit3.: searching on the part number on the controller it turned out it is a re branded bike, the original is this:
https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/models/ZS1500D-2

Attachments

• config_prg1.jpg
    config_prg1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,560
  • controllerWR1.jpg
    controllerWR1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,559
  • controllerWR2.jpg
    controllerWR2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,554
  • IMG_20220918_101655.jpg
    IMG_20220918_101655.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_20220918_101903.jpg
    IMG_20220918_101903.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,551
  • IMG_20220918_101942.jpg
    IMG_20220918_101942.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,548
  • IMG_20220918_102049.jpg
    IMG_20220918_102049.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,545
fotoamg said:
edit3.: searching on the part number on the controller it turned out it is a re branded bike, the original is this:
https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/models/ZS1500D-2

Your bike is actually made by ZongShen in china, two models available, 26ah with 4kw motor and and 40ah with 5kw motor:
http://m.cineco.cc/#/product_details?id=0&lead_product_id=127

EE6A2E1F-56A8-4EAC-91FB-1B497FAD530D.jpeg
11D960ED-D281-4D35-8157-DAFAACC9E65D.jpeg

In the picture showing the controller programming app, do you have that already? I cant find the controller yet but im looking. Based on the number is 84v100a but used in 72V, so it should be capable of 7200 watts peak which is fine for a 4kw motor.

Once you have the ability to program it, i think you can at least get the designed 70 kph and maybe more. Depending on how much flux weakening it can use effectively.

fishblood said:
share my Android APP which link with EM150 by BT, You may change your settings with your phone anytime/anywhere without carring a notebook PC.

and later give me usage feedback/bug-report plz, thanks.

em150.7z

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 10.09.39.png
131696.jpg
131695.jpg
131696-1.jpg

fishblood said:
Update (em150 protocol Excel)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hAbPDEfygea4pMolaXExn-4dJR8FMsKq/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=102395760469625306475&rtpof=true&sd=true

fishblood said:
Carbon2011 said:
Tried this option but it didn't help

I made a excel can generate protocol for em100, and then use the BT terminal tool which I can use barely cell phone and change the settings.
FYI

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ayJZ7FeaZd9Fkl-9bxg7g1MrWPa8x7Lb/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IUYZB8QUwD8PTaGSV2B59CWgMIZdr0IB/view?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AaeLlZMFbR05QRcymlXSegphxfpRCbEo/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=102395760469625306475&rtpof=true&sd=true

The image does not fit on the screen in width.

Back