Votol EM-200 Controller

ReidSchwartz said:
So its November now, I assume everybody got their EM200's? How are y'all liking them? Any bugs? Gotten a realistic output test yet?

We are now in 2021 dose anyone have an update on the control or should I just get the em150?

Commander ardern said:
ReidSchwartz said:
So its November now, I assume everybody got their EM200's? How are y'all liking them? Any bugs? Gotten a realistic output test yet?

We are now in 2021 dose anyone have an update on the control or should I just get the em150?

Please wait a bit =)

SilentEnduro said:
Commander ardern said:
ReidSchwartz said:

Please wait a bit =)

Wait for what?
I need a better controller.
I want to buy a EM200, but the lack of support and users make me rethink.

I consider to buy BAC8000 and scrap the EM200

PROGRAMING VOTOL EM-200

Hi, many people have a problem with the Votol EM-200 controller (that it cannot be programmed)
I solved this problem and recorded a video on youtube

https://youtu.be/YXufwFtoZJo

Hi , have a qs 138 90 sitting in a table since october, i havent tested yet cause i have been waiting for the em200 controller.
Found a few new sellers on aliexpress selling them a bit cheaper ther syacosis or qs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002037148873.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.608f7653OGxS2S&algo_pvid=61fe18e7-d236-40d3-a173-fa9ee2bf7b46&algo_expid=61fe18e7-d236-40d3-a173-fa9ee2bf7b46-20&btsid=0bb0622e16135916632094860e06af&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

What you guys think? is the real deal?

Got a asi8000 but is already the second as the first just blow out in a big cloud of smoke and a big bang for no reason lol so i aint trust it so much.

I really need a controller so i can finish my bike before covid19 takes me lol

guiga said:
Hi , have a qs 138 90 sitting in a table since october, i havent tested yet cause i have been waiting for the em200 controller.
Found a few new sellers on aliexpress selling them a bit cheaper ther syacosis or qs.

What you guys think? is the real deal?

I’d buy from QS due to their warranty and customer service. They wouldn’t sell old em-200 that they know will have issues but unknown aliexpress sellers might.

Can someone please share the correct settings for EM200 + QS138 90H?
I can't seems to make it run normally - it's spinning to very high rpm but very inefficiently at no load and makes terrible noise. The biggest issue - above certain rpm it goes full speed out of control (without applying throttle).

cerberpeter said:
I can't seems to make it run normally - it's spinning to very high rpm but very inefficiently at no load and makes terrible noise. The biggest issue - above certain rpm it goes full speed out of control (without applying throttle).

Hi!

Mine just arrived yesterday, and seems to be good after the first tests on the table.
Only the Battery, Motor windings, Motor Hall sensors, E-lock (to the B+), and 3 throttle wire to the pedal has been connected.
Please find the attached pics, hope it helps. Please ignore the "hall fault" on the pics, the pedal was disconnected at this time.
IMG_20210430_192324.jpg
IMG_20210430_192332.jpg
IMG_20210430_192330.jpg
IMG_20210430_192334.jpg
IMG_20210430_192336.jpg

I’m thinking of the Votol em150 for my Surron, how reliable are they as I see mixed reviews…

I am going to setup 5 x QS 138 90H motors with brand new Votol EM200 controllers from QS. I already have the motors. The controllers will arrive next week. Just browsing the new user manual gives me the shivers... telegraphic messages, poor use of the English language, lack of complete explanations or examples, those side spat red messages... I already setup Sabvoton, Kelly, Votol EM100, Sevcon Gen4 Sizes 2/4/6, Emsiso / Emrax Motors, Delta Tau controllers among others. Votol EM200 still creeps the hell out of me, always waiting for it to die on me. Good or bad I promisse to post here the results, unfortunately I won't have the equipment much time on my hands on the other side it is not one of those extreme applications. Let's see how it goes.

Hi All,

I already installed the EM200+QS138 midmotor to my JDM Titane moped car, with 18S batteries (from BMW i3).
I can say it is more than enough, it has a very good acceleration and around 80km/h maximum speed.
I replaced the belt pulley on the motor to a bigger and wider one (24T HTD-8M, 30mm wide) with and Omega HP belt.
The final drive ratio is 5.8 : 1.

This controller isn't bad, but it was hard to set up everything with this chinglish manual....
IMG_20210709_071558.jpg
IMG_20210706_181552.jpg

I have few questions, maybe somebody else had the same:
I tried to setup a lower amp for the normal use, but the "BUSBAR CURRENT" field doesn't make anything. The sport mode is off (i checked in the "display menu", but it gets the current limit from the "sport mode" settings.
Finally i adjusted the % values in the "LOW, MID" sections on page2, and it lowered the amps (at the percentage of the sport setting). If i activate the sport mode input it overrides it. Is it normal? What is the purpose of the "busbar setting"?

2, What is the purpose of the 2 columns in the "Three speed" settings?
Névtelen.png

Edit: I found it, the left column is the speed reduction (%), the right column is the Current reduction (in the % of the Sport setting)

Has anyone measured the phase amp from the Votol controller. I'm looking something in the Range 400-500A rms not peak amps . My SVMC72150 is making only 250A rms, and 350A peak.
With 165A dc it is drawing 13-14kW from the battery, this is from 35kp/h (20mph) to 90km/h which is ok to me. But my scooter is heavy so I need more current for a faster acceleration from zero.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-114416.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516-114416.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,836
cerberpeter said:

Hi friend

If I could solve the problem of the rpm since I am with the same problem. When it reaches 5000 rpm it stays accelerated by taking all the load off the accelerator. (without accelerating) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sounds like either phase angle is incorrect or too much field weakening. Check the em150 thread for info about how to set it. Doesn’t have to be same phase angle correction for the 13870h motor and the 13890h, you should ask qs motor about this setting.

Hi all. Has anyone got there hands on the new version of this controller, called EM200/2 ? So far I have only been able to find the size of controller which is smaller in size 249mm x 138mm x 74mm which is quite a bit smaller. I still have not been able to find the specs but QS have said it is improved
Cheers

Have a bit more information on the EM-200/2 from QS
the EM-200/2 is the improved version of EM-200,its been in production for 6 months
The EM-200/2 offer 120A continuous, and maximum 200A. The maximum phase current is 600A.
I don't know if the software has been improved though as that sometimes can be a pain !
Would like to know what everyone thinks as its new size in dimensions compared to the older version does make it appealing
Cheers

I have the EM-200 new version, (ordered in July 2021). I have retrofitted a minibike with the QS138v3. This thing has a bit much power for my bike so I wanted to tame it down but when I tried to program it I could not get all the different speeds to work correctly High-Medium-Low. I want my wife to be able to select low and ride it without flipping over and I want to be able to select high and wheelie on command. So after a full day I found out that the port settings did not match the wire diagram that I found on the SIA website. I emailed QS motor and asked about port configuration and they responded "It’s better don’t change the port settings. The controller will be burned if something wrong." and that I should change buss bar current to lower power. What I did find out is that the "high" speed wire was actually the sport mode wire and in my config there was no wire/port set for high speed. It seems that sport mode overrides all the speed switches. I did however get the 3 speeds working after randomly swapping reverse on to different ports to reference them to each wire color, but for some reason when I lower the current on low speed it seems to loose power in all speeds and changing the right column next to high speed doesn't seem to have any effect. What I would like is Low=very tame low speed, Medium=also tame but faster top speed, high= enough to wheelie but not out of control and hit top speed. This is the wire diagram I have been using http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/202102/2021022633524391.pdf , and the manual http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/202103/2021031154133781.pdf .I also attached a screenshot of the manual where there is a link to port settings but the link is broken. I emailed SIA but got no response. Everything else works including reverse and regen braking. I just wish this manual was easier to understand.

Attachments

• Port.JPG
    Port.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 2,665
I don't think you can do much about the power in different modes, from what I remember it is just about the speed.
I haven't bothered using them myself, so I might have missed something. But I am pretty sure that's how it is.

What you can do is lower the battery amps for the normal modes, and set it higher for sport mode.
But as far as I know you get the same phase amp for all the modes, so if you lower that it will be weak in sport too..

One option might be to lower the throttle response, I am not sure if that effect the sport mode too.

Btw, what did you find out about what wire goes to what number on the inputs?
My low brake input that i use for regen seems to have given up on my em150, it would be nice to find another input to use.

j bjork said:
I don't think you can do much about the power in different modes, from what I remember it is just about the speed.
I haven't bothered using them myself, so I might have missed something. But I am pretty sure that's how it is.

What you can do is lower the battery amps for the normal modes, and set it higher for sport mode.
But as far as I know you get the same phase amp for all the modes, so if you lower that it will be weak in sport too..

One option might be to lower the throttle response, I am not sure if that effect the sport mode too.

My low brake input that i use for regen seems to have given up on my em150, it would be nice to find another input to use.
Hi, it's not true, in different modes you can set up a different % of current and rpm limit. Scroll a bit back and check my posts about this here.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8T eszközömről

j bjork said:

Attached is a pic of my settings currently. So my thought is if the port of the controller is 0-5v then as long as I apply a ground I should not have a problem changing the port settings. The port that is +12v should be able to handle 12v for activation. What I wanted was Low Medium and High speed with sport override, and reverse with low activated brake. After some more trial and error I came to the conclusion that in order to get everything working it seems to need at least 1 port set to park_input even if its not being used. I swapped the park input to the PB9 port that was +12v activated high brake and I made the other changes that are listed on the pic and I had it all working the way I wanted. But.... Don't follow any of my advice because after riding around most of the day without issue I fried my controller... I don't think it had anything to do with the port settings but probably more to do with flying in to my garage in a hurry to leave home and while braking and still moving I turned the key off and my pack fuse blew as well as a lot of noise. I put another fuse in and precharged the caps in the controller and as soon as I turned the key on it blew another fuse so I assume its cooked. Anyway I ordered another one and I will give it another try but I wont be turning the key off while moving again thats for sure.

Attachments

• Latest_Config.JPG
    Latest_Config.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,618
s10mods said:
I have the EM-200 new version, (ordered in July 2021). I have retrofitted a minibike with the QS138v3. This thing has a bit much power for my bike so I wanted to tame it down but when I tried to program it I could not get all the different speeds to work correctly High-Medium-Low. I want my wife to be able to select low and ride it without flipping over and I want to be able to select high and wheelie on command. So after a full day I found out that the port settings did not match the wire diagram that I found on the SIA website. I emailed QS motor and asked about port configuration and they responded "It’s better don’t change the port settings. The controller will be burned if something wrong." and that I should change buss bar current to lower power. What I did find out is that the "high" speed wire was actually the sport mode wire and in my config there was no wire/port set for high speed. It seems that sport mode overrides all the speed switches. I did however get the 3 speeds working after randomly swapping reverse on to different ports to reference them to each wire color, but for some reason when I lower the current on low speed it seems to loose power in all speeds and changing the right column next to high speed doesn't seem to have any effect. What I would like is Low=very tame low speed, Medium=also tame but faster top speed, high= enough to wheelie but not out of control and hit top speed. This is the wire diagram I have been using http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/202102/2021022633524391.pdf , and the manual http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/202103/2021031154133781.pdf .I also attached a screenshot of the manual where there is a link to port settings but the link is broken. I emailed SIA but got no response. Everything else works including reverse and regen braking. I just wish this manual was easier to understand.

Could i know where did you get this controller? Or which sales you contact?

Maybe we can try to help you.

Back