What could be wrong in motor

Did you spin the gears manually and investigate further.
Did you check the bearings.
Did you check every tooth on all the gears to see if they were all intact and not deformed in any way.

I feel like I’m on a boat. Can you provide still pictures?
I have no idea what I am looking at. But I would like to learn. Let me know if you need more pictures. I could also open it again and take more pictures if you need it to understand the problem:

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 08.59.59.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 08.59.59.png
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.00.26.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.00.26.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.00.51.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.00.51.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.00.59.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.00.59.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.01.10.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.01.10.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.36.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.36.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.42.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.42.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.47.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.47.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.51.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.51.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.57.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.03.57.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.03.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.03.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.07.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.07.png
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.14.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.14.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.19.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.19.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.25.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-10-18 kl. 09.04.25.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I have no idea what I am looking at. But I would like to learn. Let me know if you need more pictures. I could also open it again and take more pictures if you need it to understand the problem:
The middle of the gear cluster you removed is the clutch. It should have a key/notch that you can use a screwdriver or something to turn it with. It should turn one direction and not the other, but if it's worn or broken, could slip and turn in both directions intermittently. Can you see if that's happening, and if so, the clutch would need to be replaced.

The middle of the gear cluster you removed is the clutch. It should have a key/notch that you can use a screwdriver or something to turn it with. It should turn one direction and not the other, but if it's worn or broken, could slip and turn in both directions intermittently. Can you see if that's happening, and if so, the clutch would need to be replaced.
I don't quite know what you mean by notch/key. But I tried to turn the gears with a screwdriver like this. Maybe you meant for me to open and find the notch where the windings are or something?

They do turn both ways but maybe I am just turning the gears now? Not the key notch you talk about?

I don't quite know what you mean by notch/key. But I tried to turn the gears with a screwdriver like this. Maybe you meant for me to open and find the notch where the windings are or something?

They do turn both ways but maybe I am just turning the gears now? Not the key notch you talk about?
Your pics made it look like you had already removed/disassembled the clutch/gear assembly, but your new video shows them assembled again, so not sure what the state is now. Maybe someone else will be able to understand what you're pics and videos are showing.

Your pics made it look like you had already removed/disassembled the clutch/gear assembly, but your new video shows them assembled again, so not sure what the state is now. Maybe someone else will be able to understand what you're pics and videos are showing.
No man stay posted. I did dissamble it. I just put it together again. I will open again tomorrow. Stay posted.

I am starting to think the problem might have been in the controller(and possibly gas throttle) all along. What do you think?

Because the one I used for this one also made the current motor give of weird sounds. But now when I have switched to a new controller it does sound normal when riding. Any idea why something like that might happen? I don't understand it. Please let me know why the other controller could have given rise to this problem. It should not make the motor sound like that even if it is broken I thought?

Maybe this motor, in this thread that I have opened, does not even have anything wrong with it?

I am starting to think the problem might have been in the controller(and possibly gas throttle) all along. What do you think?

Because the one I used for this one also made the current motor give of weird sounds. But now when I have switched to a new controller it does sound normal when riding. Any idea why something like that might happen? I don't understand it. Please let me know why the other controller could have given rise to this problem. It should not make the motor sound like that even if it is broken I thought?

Maybe this motor, in this thread that I have opened, does not even have anything wrong with it?
Probably a good case for keeping your threads together, so all of the information is in one place. That helps anyone trying to help.

After reversing the motor using the YouTube video you linked, did the sound start then? There is only one combination of hall and phase wire combinations that is correct. Several will run the motor backwards, and several forward, but you still need the right combination for the motor to run smoothly and without overheating. How many watts is the motor pulling with the wheel off the ground and full throttle?

Probably a good case for keeping your threads together, so all of the information is in one place. That helps anyone trying to help.

After reversing the motor using the YouTube video you linked, did the sound start then? There is only one combination of hall and phase wire combinations that is correct. Several will run the motor backwards, and several forward, but you still need the right combination for the motor to run smoothly and without overheating. How many watts is the motor pulling with the wheel off the ground and full throttle?
Yeah I understand. I was trying to make the threads more to the topic and therefore split them up. But I realise it just made everything harder to understand. If there is a moderator feel free to make one thread of the whole thing if possible.

We can talk about it in the other thread about the motor here:

I have not tried looking at the watts. I did the whole thing with switching the hall sensor wires and so on to make it work. The tips you gave me. And then it seemed to work. But still gave of that bad sound and start to work badly after a bit of cycling. Basically only when I was on the bike this bad sound came.

I then switched the motor wheel to another one. But the same sound was then arising when cycling.
Only when I also switched the controller it seems like the bike is up and working as it should. But at least it now seems to work.

Only thing is this new controller only has throttle and no PAS so it is kind of sad that the other one is not working, since I have installed a PAS sensor on this bike, and I was quite proud of that.

Back