What QS hub motor do I have?

Sure, fire away. I’ll answer any questions i can!

No honestly, Amberwolf doesn’t deserve any crap from anyone, he goes out of his way to help people, often providing useful info even though he’s sometimes not got detailed knowledge of the exact question. I hope that he continues with this even when getting comments like yours.

I, on the other hand, was a bit lazy today since the answer seemed easy and the question looked off. Guilty as charged.

I'm not giving him crap, he, like Adrian_, assumes to much before he posts.

Maybe You guys could show him the true potential of the CA:
Throttle input, 3 speed switch, regen etc as the bike are setup throttle direct to sabvoton.

I wouldn't have bothered posting anything unless it was the same item hence 'I have one' .For reference: I do have other Qs273 bikes that are not relevant :lol:

Jonno said:
I'm not giving him crap, he, like Adrian_, assumes to much before he posts.

Maybe You guys could show him the true potential of the CA:
Throttle input, 3 speed switch, regen etc as the bike are setup throttle direct to sabvoton.

I wouldn't have bothered posting anything unless it was the same item hence 'I have one' .For reference: I do have other Qs273 bikes that are not relevant :lol:

You keep posting irrelevant replies, trashing OPs thread, giving other members crap because your feelings got hurt. You claim you "left" this forum due to this yet you're still here trashing people's threads. Now you're telling us to tell the OP about the "true potential of the CA" which is not what the thread is about or what he asked, he just wanted to know what motor he has and how to increase the power, he did not ask how to setup "3 speed switch" or even regen. Ironically you're accusing me and others of assuming but you're over here assuming that the OP wants those things.

If you're not happy, leave this forum, nothing is holding you or PM one of the mods for account deletion like you requested but don't continue to trash this thread.

Amberwolf, consider cleaning up this thread since Jonno made it completely about something else. Feel free to delete this reply aswell.

This is my last reply to you as you're clearly not here to help.

Jonno said:
So maybe AMBERWOLF - expert on all things ebike and LarsB - expert on QS273 motors would like to help the OP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haven't been active on this thread, just here to learn. but you can add my name to the mix if it makes you feel better. I often find that people that are sensitive to questions either have a chip on their shoulder, or have some other issue going on.

Without being the seller, "knowing" what bike the OP has would be based on beliefs (Per Websters, knowing isn't necessarily tied to facts, but can be based on belie,s). One has to first trust this reputable Facebook Marketplace vendor (LOL) had copied and pasted an accurate description of the bike he was selling. It's obvious it was copied from some Chinese ad, since it describes "Petal" assist. If he pasted from the actual website, then you have to take a few more leaps, and trust that the reputable Chinese vendor, didn't just copy their description from somewhere else, and sent a bike that matched an accurate description. Note: I noticed that you can't validate the fake UPC sticker on the battery, for instance. Maybe they have a fake 250W sticker on the motor too, LOL.

People are questioning is how can you be sure. They don't have the same level of trust, based on their own experiences, so don't share your beliefs, and that's frustrating. Or, you just have a big chip and were looking for a trigger.

Either way, it appears this forum is providing you the valuable service to allow you to vent some underlying frustrations, that seemingly have nothing to do with the thread. Why else would anyone continue to monitor and comment in a forum after asking that their account be deleted? Unless you were just trying to be dramatic, it's free therapy.

Jonno said:
Requested Deletion of account
Jonno said:
YOU HELP HIM instead
Jonno said:
No further help coming from me :D
Jonno said:
READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOU COMMENT :shock:

I expect to hear back from you real soon. Maybe in all caps. Get it all out.

Ok I'll spell it out for you all:
I have exactly the same bike as the op and was able to help him out, However due to complete assholes who think they're ebike geniuses questioning every post I make despite the fact that I've dismantled the battery and motor to figure the speca out then clearly I'm wasting my time.
As for experience I have built 16 Enduro bikes and own 4 and have repaired/ refurbed/tuned many more on a daily basis...it's all I do :lol:

So Thanks To you AMBERWOLF, ADRIAN_ ,LARSB and others go ahead and theorise what the op has.

Just waiting for the mods to delete my account as I'm fed up with the wankers on
endless sphere

And to you Adrian_ I would not post any further if you stop questioning me and stop talking bollocks

END OF :warn:

Jonno said:
Ok I'll spell it out for you all:
I have exactly the same bike as the op and was able to help him out, However due to complete assholes who think they're ebike geniuses questioning every post I make despite the fact that I've dismantled the battery and motor to figure the speca out then clearly I'm wasting my time.
As for experience I have built 16 Enduro bikes and own 4 and have repaired/ refurbed/tuned many more on a daily basis...it's all I do :lol:

So Thanks To you AMBERWOLF, ADRIAN_ ,LARSB and others go ahead and theorise what the op has.

Just waiting for the mods to delete my account as I'm fed up with the wankers on
endless sphere

And to you Adrian_ I would not post any further if you stop questioning me and stop talking bollocks

END OF :warn:

Thanks for the lashing, appreciate it. Not sure i deserved it though, a bit excessive getting that from a single post gone awray? I remember you shared manuals in the apt96600 thread, that’s all so we don’t have friction since something else (?)

Jonno said:
I have exactly the same bike as the op and was able to help him out,
It could be helpful to others that come along later with the same bike (that also got it used and don't know the source) for you to post the source of the bike.

A link to the sales site, for the specific page for this exact bike, is the best option, as that will give everyone the complete specs for it (assuming that page has them).

If that isn't available, then as detailed a list and description of the bike's components and how they are setup would be useful.

This would help both them, and us, as we would then also know what the bike has and be able to help such owners when you are not, for whatever reason.

If you prefer to help people just one at a time personally, rather than publicly posting the info, that's your choice, but it will help more people, making more efficient use of time, to post it all.

I'm only here to help people. If a person being helped prefers I not do so, I can certainly stop. Since I am only causing friction in this thread, I'll bow out and unsubscribe from it, so I won't see further replies.

I can only help when there is sufficient information, and it is safer, especially when batteries are concerned, to not make assumptions about what someone has, when insufficient information to do so is present.

The only assumption that is safe to make in such situations is that there is always insufficient information until proven otherwise.

If an assumption *must* be made, it is safer to assume it is only as or less capable than specific information available indicates.

Assuming it is more capable, based on information that hasn't been shown to be true, can be dangerous, and could lead to battery damage. So I try to make as sure as I can that the information is correct before basing anything on it. When information is posted that has nothing to back it up other what to those reading is only personal opinion, it is not safe to base decisions on it. If the info is based on actual data, the data should be posted as completely as possible to allow correct decisions to be made by all.

Jonno said:
It's a QS273 3.5t motor with a 150a bms ............How do I know?.........Because I currently have one that I'm 'tuning' the crap out of. :bolt:

Jonno

Hey Jonno, I’ve be trying to pm you but I can’t figure out how to do that? I want to see your settings

BALAKEY said:
Hey Jonno, I’ve be trying to pm you but I can’t figure out how to do that? I want to see your settings

At the top of the page, next to your name, there's a link for "Private messages". Click on the link, and then on the button that says "New PM". When the new message opens, you add the user on the "Recipient" line, then draft your message and send.

I should have mentioned this but I bought the bike to mainly learn. It wouldn’t bother me at all if something broke. Aside from the battery catching fire lol. I was planing on upgrading but I decided on building one from scratch. Same frame, same QS motor, con bac8000, 21700 Molicel battery pack(the current one I’m looking at will be below) etc… Unless I’m steered in a better direction. I plan on using it for work and off road like I currently do now. I live 3.2 miles from work so if I could get 3 to 4 trips out of it before charging that would be nice. I might keep the forks & rear suspension from my current bike.
I grew up riding dirt bikes. Started on a rm80, then went to a rm125 & ended on a yz250. Im trying to scratch that itch on a moto style ebike if that is at all possible. I’ve seen those cab moto works bikes but I don’t want to spend that kind of money on a built bike. Sorry for the ramble.
On my CA, all the settings were set way beyond what the bike is currently doing. That’s how the previous owner had it set. That’s why I was thinking it had to be something with the controller. If I post photos of my app settings for the controller would one of you be able to tell me what’s up?
I’m not prepared to take the battery apart….yet. So I can’t say what cells it currently has other than what I was told. Panasonic. When I first test drove it I felt like it had way more power then what it currently has now.

My bad. I didn’t mean for an argument to happen. Sorry about that.

The battery I’m currently looking at-https://www.e-streetbikes.store/product-page/29ah-triangle-molicel-electric-cannon-72v-300a-bms-battery
I was also thinking about building my own pack but after watching many diy videos, I don’t think my brain is ready for that.
This post is all over the place lol this is a repost. I thought I posted this already but it never showed up so I’m writing it again.
Thanks again

amberwolf said:
I'm only here to help people. If a person being helped prefers I not do so, I can certainly stop. Since I am only causing friction in this thread, I'll bow out and unsubscribe from it, so I won't see further replies.

You’re a huge help on ES! Thanks for all you do! :D

Back