Wife's 24" and my 27.5", both mid-drives

drguitar

10 mW
Just finished building my latest mid-drive using a BBSHD kit, cable actuated hydraulic disc brakes, and a few other fun things to get an upright riding position. The donor bike is a GT Aggressor Pro (1 year old) that a fellow bought during the pandemic to "get out and get some exercise) but then sold it when they realized they do not like exercise. :wink: I built the bike using 2 batteries I had around that were on other ebikes. The batteries are nearly brand new (48 volt/24.5ah and 48 volt/19.5ah) and give me 44ah of battery using a battery balancer. I get over 100 miles range on throttle only as long as I keep it under 20mph. Top speed on a flat surface throttle only is about 35.8mph. GT Bike small.jpg

My wife didn't like her original Giant Liv 29er with the BBS02 kit attached (it felt too big), so I found a 24" mtn bike and fit it with the BBS02, upright seating with mid-rise bars and adjustable handlebar stem and a layback seat post. She loves that she can put her feet on the ground while sitting on the seat (makes her feel confident). It's a lot of fun to ride (feels like a quick scooter) and it can pull wheelies if you set it at the top power level.Sara's Bike small.jpg

Back