Wind and Solar vs Coal, Gasoline, Nuclear

billvon said:
She is an autistic child with learning difficulties who is speaking her mind, and is being crucified by small-minded conservatives who are terrified that her message will resonate.
but ..she is a child with learning difficulties , so where did all that fluff in her mind come from ?.. someone put it there !
Sadly her message will resonate...around in the empty skulls of those taken in by this act !

Hillhater said:
but ..she is a child with learning difficulties , so where did all that fluff in her mind come from ?.. someone put it there !
She did. Kids learn about the world, even if you think they're idiots who can't learn.
Sadly her message will resonate...around in the empty skulls of those taken in by this act !
Her message will resonate with any other kids who are worried about the future that the previous generation is leaving them. And in two years - they will be voting. And that absolutely terrifies deniers.

Yeah I don't have any interest in what a child thinks, overall I think this is quasi-child abuse what Greta is being put through.

I like Scott Adams point of view on Greta, everyone who is listening to an undeveloped brain to be telling the world what to do is silly, but that's politics.
https://youtu.be/eKYmRcNSkdU?t=408
^Transfering power/insight to the dumbest people in the world is the way he sums it up.
https://youtu.be/unsdMU-ydy4?t=1655

Akkad points out that Greta's dad is a professional actor so it helps explains her theatric performance speech.
https://youtu.be/mioDAKACre8?t=258

Those who think Greta is having any kind of any substantial effect on the climate change debate are those who are the most controlled by old-backwards broadcast mainstream-media, which is viewed by most internet-only media intellectuals as simply idiotic people.
It's all about credibility.
https://youtu.be/wTpTGam0FT0?t=2713
^As Scott Adams friend Naval discusses, broadcast media is incredibly backwards and is finished, dead-end model, the only people who are NEVER going to tell you they are wasting your time with garbage broadcast information is the broadcast media, but some people are so addicted to broadcast media they expect to be told broadcast media is stupid and idiotic before they stop listening to them, which of course is never going to happen.
EFbSxGtWwAEav7D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently Australian government are seen as a bunch of denialists
Australian government seen globally as climate 'denialist', UN summit observers say
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/25/australian-government-seen-globally-as-climate-denialist-un-summit-observers-say
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's been over 200 pages of argument, no one agrees, I guess it's time for civil war..
John Mark has this prep videos on how the decline of western world civilisation might break down into civil war, I believe the idea is that Republican voters would move to Republican states and Bernie Sanders voters would move to left-wing states and everyone would live that way and there wouldn't be a federal government for all the states, there would be a federal government for the Republican and Democrat states separately I think and both would manage their own states at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofChFv_MKc
[youtube]HofChFv_MKc[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJh7Ye1Qvc8
[youtube]aJh7Ye1Qvc8[/youtube]

A lot of his videos aren't liked by YouTube so check out BitChute.
https://www.bitchute.com/channel/H6DTBLfDbw3h/

Hillhater said:
billvon said:
She is an autistic child with learning difficulties who is speaking her mind, and is being crucified by small-minded conservatives who are terrified that her message will resonate.

"Autistic people incapable of independent thought" - you heard it here first!

billvon said:
Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
she's a shill not a prophet.
She's neither.

A shill is a mouthpiece for someone else. She's been pretty clear that she's not interested in doing that, and doesn't speak for anyone else.
i don't know how you can believe that.
why do you think the army prefers young & dumb for new recruits?
i have no doubt she really believes what she's been brainwashed to believe & in that sense regurgitates for herself.

but my point (which i obviously didn't make clear) is that you or i can't simply go knocking on the UN's door to make a speech.
you absolutely know she has an entourage & an entire publicity machine behind her directing what to say, do & how high.
i too was considering calling it child abuse but don't want to water down the word.
child exploitation fer sure.

i know nothing of her but would wager in the four figure range if you traced her DNA she is not far removed from the top end noblesse.

i don't know how you can believe that.
why do you think the army prefers young & dumb for new recruits?
They actually prefer young and reasonably intelligent. Young people can get by on less sleep, can carry more, have more endurance etc. Indeed, the US is having problems finding enough young people who are healthy enough and smart enough to join the military:
====================
Mission: Readiness, a bipartisan organization of 750 retired generals and admirals, released its latest report last week, detailing the dire straits facing military recruiters.

According to the report, titled “Unhealthy and Unprepared,” an estimated 71% of all young people in the U.S. between the ages of 17 and 24 do not qualify for military service.

Obesity disqualifies about 31% of youth, the report specified.

In North Carolina, an estimated 72% of the population is ineligible to join the military, due to being overweight, lacking adequate education or having a history of crime or drug use.
=====================
i have no doubt she really believes what she's been brainwashed to believe & in that sense regurgitates for herself.
OK. I have seen no evidence of that.
you absolutely know she has an entourage
Of course. She is now famous so she has groupies.
an entire publicity machine behind her directing what to say, do & how high.
Given that she was discovered by a reporter and the story went viral from there, that's not really supportable.
i know nothing of her but would wager in the four figure range if you traced her DNA she is not far removed from the top end noblesse.
And what does that mean? She's related to someone rich? Not sure what that would have to do with anything. I am related to both billionaires and homeless people - not very closely, but if you "traced my DNA" you'd find both.

TheBeastie said:
Yeah I don't have any interest in what a child thinks
If that was true you wouldn't have spent 200 words giving your opinion on that child.
John Mark has this prep videos on how the decline of western world civilisation might break down into civil war, I believe the idea is that Republican voters would move to Republican states and Bernie Sanders voters would move to left-wing states and everyone would live that way . . .
Not a bad idea! And Trump supporters could move to states that have no laws against sexual assault or rape.

billvon said:
They actually prefer young and reasonably intelligent. Young people can get by on less sleep, can carry more, have more endurance etc.
the 'etc.' being the most salient requirement;
willingness to swallow the blue pill, unlike the over 24 crowd who tend to spit it out.
billvon said:
Mission: Readiness, a bipartisan organization of 750 retired generals and admirals, released its latest report last week, detailing the dire straits facing military recruiters.

According to the report, titled “Unhealthy and Unprepared,” an estimated 71% of all young people in the U.S. between the ages of 17 and 24 do not qualify for military service.

Obesity disqualifies about 31% of youth, the report specified.

In North Carolina, an estimated 72% of the population is ineligible to join the military, due to being overweight, lacking adequate education or having a history of crime or drug use.
master class in obfuscation with extraneous facts.
you conveniently left out the only relevant stat.
what percentage of recruits are over 24?

billvon said:
OK. I have seen no evidence of that.
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.
billvon said:
you absolutely know she has an entourage
Of course. She is now famous so she has groupies.
you would have us accept it's the groupies that are responsible for all the doors magically open for her to get an "audience with the queen"?
(relax, figure of speech i.e. the UN, good morning sweden, etc.
billvon said:
an entire publicity machine behind her directing what to say, do & how high.
Given that she was discovered by a reporter and the story went viral from there, that's not really supportable.
you mean air-quote "discovered".
what makes her more viral over the thousands of kids saying the same thing?
ask yourself why is she the only youth worthy of the world spotlight?
DNA.
billvon said:
And what does that mean? She's related to someone rich? Not sure what that would have to do with anything. I am related to both billionaires and homeless people - not very closely, but if you "traced my DNA" you'd find both.
she chartered a sail-boat with her own paper route money.
sure she did.
the whole operation reeks a big money, hard-core, full court press propaganda campaign featuring a child hood-ornament cherry on top.
world tours & press conferences don't happen without a ton of meticulous planning & bags of money.

if you really are a 'Von' then you're closer to the billionaire end than the commoner.
it's why john von neumann's banker dad bought the title.

Geeez, the last few posts here are getting absurd.

Why is Greta getting all the attention and other 16 year olds aren't? For the same reason Grumpy Cat became a meme. And why Nyan Cat became an internet sensation. Or Nek Minit became a catchphrase. Welcome to mass communication in 2019.

Her ability to speak more eloquently than the angry old white dudes she's triggered probably has a lot to do with it. She's not the Messiah, but she is the girl for the times. She has mobilised an entire generation who aren't yet jaded or defeated by modern society's ills. That's powerful stuff.

People are so wound up by Greta because she's achieved more good in this world in the last two years than most adults ever will in a lifetime. Worse, these adults aren't being mature about their jealousy.

willingness to swallow the blue pill, unlike the over 24 crowd who tend to spit it out.
A requirement to "swallow the blue pill" (i.e. think a job is worthwhile) is pretty much a requirement for _any_ job, no? No one takes a job they feel is worthless.
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.
Of course.

But in pretty much every place, we assume that people say what they mean. Do you mean what you say here? Or should people assume that you are a paid shill for kid-hating misogynists because you cannot prove you're not?

Do unto others and all that.
you would have us accept it's the groupies that are responsible for all the doors magically open for her to get an "audience with the queen"?
Of course not.
if you really are a 'Von' then you're closer to the billionaire end than the commoner.
If you like. Both my parents were public school teachers. Two of my four parents were penniless immigrants, and of the other two, one worked as a letter carrier for the post office and the other was a stay at home mom. If that's "close to billionaires" in your book, then no doubt Thunberg is too.

jonescg said:
.... She has mobilised an entire generation who aren't yet jaded or defeated by modern society's ills. ...
So did Binladen, Hitler, etc........that is not necessarily a good thing if it is misleading or false agenda.

jonescg said:
...People are so wound up by Greta because she's achieved more good in this world in the last two years than most adults ever will in a lifetime.
?? Such as ?..
.. She has caused the loss of millions of student.days of education resources..
.. She has instilled unfounded fear into millions of child minds. (And obviously some Adults )
Using her to spruke the cause is no better than ISIS using children as human shields in a battle zone .!
There is a reason civilised society doesnt allow underage children to drink, drive , get married, or vote....
.....because they have not developed the ability to think and act responsibly.

Dude, she's not running for office. She's not even telling people to listen to her - she's telling people to listen to the scientists who are authorities on the matter. She's just the messenger of the same message we've been warned of for the past 50 years.

What global movement for positive change can you lay claim to?

Hillhater said:
So did Binladen, Hitler, etc........
And MLK, and Gandhi, and Milk. The important difference are their goals. Are they trying to make the world a better place? Or are they trying to kill people?
?? Such as ?..
.. She has caused the loss of millions of student.days of education resources..
.. She has instilled unfounded fear into millions of child minds. (And obviously some Adults )
Good! Fear is a good emotion when people use it to make the world a better place. If you are afraid of being poor and meaningless, and therefore work hard in school to become successful - then that fear was a good thing.
Using her to spruke the cause is no better than ISIS using children as human shields in a battle zone .!
Given that she's speaking for herself, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
There is a reason civilised society doesnt allow underage children to drink, drive , get married, or vote....
.....because they have not developed the ability to think and act responsibly.
King Tut took the throne when he was 9 and died at age 19. By all accounts, he was one of early Egypt's better kings. Louis Braille invented an alphabet for the blind at age 15. Malala Yousafszai was targeted by the Taliban for speaking out for women's education. She survived the assassination attempt, went on to speak at the UN in the name of peace and started a school for Syrian refugees. At age 16.

One of the reasons Thunberg will succeed is that she is refuting all the small-minded people who think that kids are irresponsible idiots.

the greta publicity machine is only slightly less real than 'reality' TV.
if you wanna swallow the blue pill, hey, whatever blows wind up yer skirt.
i can only show you the door etc.
[youtube]x49P_ZGeWq8[/youtube]

agenda 21 chapter 25
children & youth in sustainable development
https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf

'they' always tell you in advance exactly how 'they' are going to screw you over.
you can trace everything that's happened with climate propoganda directly from the playbook.

billvon said:
Hillhater said:
So why did they chose to allow a child to deliver the message, rather than a scientist ?
They didn't. She did.
You dont just walk (or sail) up to a UN conference and say “i am going to speak for you”
Hiding behind the pigtails of a handicapped teenager ..( made to look like a 10 yr old ), is a pathetic cowardly ploy, from a cult of delusional fools.

Here is the latest 2018 chart for primary energy consumption by source for Germany. Solar and wind up to 4.6%. Double their value if you like for being electricity instead of thermal if they could achieve the full electrification of all remaining liquid fuel and heat processes.
fig10-germany-energy-mix-energy-sources-share-primary-energy-consumption-2018.png

Hillhater said:
You dont just walk (or sail) up to a UN conference and say “i am going to speak for you”
No, you don't just walk up and give a speech. You get invited - and you get invited because it is a message that it worth hearing.

It is remarkable that you don't know this. Have you never given a speech at a conference?
Hiding behind the pigtails of a handicapped teenager ..( made to look like a 10 yr old ), is a pathetic cowardly ploy, from a cult of delusional fools.
I guess when you cannot intelligently attack her argument - you attack her looks. Bravo. What a great role model you are for the next generation.

billvon said:
Hillhater said:
No, you don't just walk up and give a speech. You get invited - .......
FFS get a grip bill , and make up your mind !
That is exactly what i said initially, and you claimed it was her who made the decision !!..
..now you agree that she was invited . !

billvon said:
Hillhater said:
So why did they chose to allow a child to deliver the message, rather than a scientist ?
They didn't. She did.

billvon said:
I guess when you cannot intelligently attack her argument - you attack her looks.
Use your brain and interpret the comment ..
I am not attacking the girl,.. i am attacking those who are managing, manipulating, and controlling her.
What 16 yr old would normally choose to appear on world exposure dressed as a 10 yr old , in pig tails, etc etc.
It is obviously deliberately arranged to make her look vunerable.
But, anyone who is prepared to pronounce to the world that they know better than far more educated and experienced professional scientists.....had better be prepared for some splash back.
You dont get to spout your personal opinions to the world without stirring comment on your ideas, demeanor, or appearance ......Ask Trump !

Hillhater said:
FFS get a grip bill , and make up your mind !
You are confused.
She decided to speak out with her solitary protest, starting about a year ago. The UN then invited her to speak at the UN. She agreed. Pretty simple, really.
Use your brain and interpret the comment ..
I am not attacking the girl,.. i am attacking those who are managing, manipulating, and controlling her.
Your crocodile tears for her aren't fooling anyone. You hate everything she stands for; you have proven that with your posts here time and time again. You realize that outright attacking 16 year old girl with developmental problems will backfire, so you attack her imaginary "handlers."

Unfortunately, you slipped up back in your last post and said what you meant - that she looks like a 10 year old, and so is not worth heeding.
What 16 yr old would normally choose to appear on world exposure dressed as a 10 yr old , in pig tails, etc etc.
A woman who really doesn't care what people think about her appearance. If she was "handled" as you say she'd have a team of makeup and hair people to get her look just right.
But, anyone who is prepared to pronounce to the world that they know better than far more educated and experienced professional scientists.....
You didn't actually listen to anything she said, did you.

She has been saying over and over to listen to the science and the scientists - not her. "For more than 30 years, the science has been crystal clear." "this is the current best available science. You can't simply make up your own facts just because you don't like what you hear." " If you respect the science, if you understand the science, then this is it." "The science is clear and all we children are doing is communicating and acting on that united science." " You don't have to listen to us, but you do have to listen to the united science, the scientists. And that is all we ask, just unite behind the science!" "We want politicians to listen to the scientists"

You dont get to spout your personal opinions to the world without stirring comment on your ideas, demeanor, or appearance.
Thank you for admitting that you are attacking her appearance. Now - try to do better than that.

sendler2112 said:
We must work as a world and invest in Africa to lift up the development and set free the women.
Agreed 100%. Tostan and Camfed are two excellent charities working to educate and empower women in those countries.

No confusion here bill.
...the UN invited a Child instead of a credible scientist to deliver their false message.
...YOU disputed that point. !

I dont “attack” the girl... i attack those who are manipulating her and priming her with false information, and using her as their spokesperson ......parents , teachers, handlers, supporters , etc

Make up ?... it is very obvious she has been coached in presentation and appearance...
( i assume you know her parents background in the “Arts” ?)

I stopped listening to her a long time ago, when she claimed to be able to SEE CO2 in the air. ! :roll:

That was not an “attack”. ..( you like that word , dont you bill ?) ,..on her appearance,...
....that was pointing out the obvious ploy by her “handlers” .. (i like that word).... to attempt a cheap shot by using the “innocent child”. look. !
But again...you cannot present an extreme personal viewpoint, to the World, on a highly controversial subject, without getting some negative feedback...

Back