• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Wiring Diagram Crystalyte 36-72v controller

joystix2

100 W
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of this controller from the Poweridestore? I bought one but it did not come with any instructions. My connectors from my Phoenix/controller/throttle are all different so I need to know which wires goes to what ie: colors of wire from motor to controller and controller to throttle?

Or can someone please point me to a manual on the internet?
Thanks
Ric

Better tell us what colors they have. It seems they did not make them all the same.

There's 3 fat phase wires on motor and controller
There's 5 skinny hall sensor wires on the motor and controller
The throttle connection has 3 pins (?usuallly).

I have the same controller and the 5304 motor.

The controller came with a four-pin throttle connector. I have the 3-pin, no LED throttle. The two still connect together properly, and work right. The fourth pin on the controller's throttle connector is for the LEDs, and so went unused when the two were connected.

The colors of the five skinny hall-effect wires from the controller match the colors of the five hall-effect wires from the motor. I had two different connector types, so I chopped off the connectors and soldered the little wires together.

The three thicker motor wires from the controller also match the colors on the three thick wires from the motor.

The battery wires from the controller are thick, black and red. Black for negative, red for positive.

Thanks a Million Fellas. Thats the exact info I was looking for.

Xyster, When you bought your controller did yours also come with no instruction manual?

Can't wait to get this thing running. My brother will do all my connections since I don't want to screw it up and he's the electrical genius in the house.

Ric

Xyster, When you bought your controller did yours also come with no instruction manual?

No manual. And I bought it from the poweridestore too. If your hall-effect connector is the same too, and does not match the connector coming from the motor, Justin at ebikes.ca
http://ebikes.ca/store/
sells those mini-XLR connectors that are otherwise hard to find for $3.

I bought one of these from him, but had a heck of a time trying to solder the tiny wires into the connector. And I was jonesing to get the bike finished and go for a ride, so I gave up and cut the mini-xlr off of the controller wires, and then just soldered the hall effect wires together without a connector, wrapped them in electrical tape and glued them with silicon to the bike frame. It's worked fine, but now I might have to cut those wires in order to pull the wheel when it's time for a new tire.

Back