BioPlanet ebike [apparently a fraud attempt - see page 5 on]

@Bioplanet: Have you done any tests using a belt drive and Rohloff 500/14 combination?

Like others have posted, would love to see a video of the bike in action. A drive by a video camera on a tripod would be nice too (no music please). I want to hear how loud this bike gets.

What happened to the missing posts? I thought it was valuable information. I am very interested in the is bike,any and all info is helpful...

Tom L said:
If you're talking about my last two posts, I deleted them pending one last try at getting satisfaction.
I think you should have left it. Even if it gets resolved now, others still need to know how bad it was. IIRC, there was at least 4 promised shipping dates that was not met. Totally unacceptable.

Yes I was referring to those posts. Part of purchase/owning experience is seeing how he company responds, especially in a touchy situation. I have not had the best luck w/my current bike and situation and do not want to recreate. If they are going to difficult to deal with for any reason , and 1/2 around the world, I will cross this off my list of 27-30 mph bikes. I am purchasing a whole bike so I can ride and not tinker, i just don't have time for both. I do hope they take care of you 8)

Right, well here's my take on the situation.

I paid for the bike at the end of December and was promised delivery of the bike mid January. I was lead to believe that the bike was in full production. A number of technical and logistic problems has meant I still have not yet received it. Apart form the last two weeks Bioplanet have been very quick to respond to all my emails. Which is why I was worried at the lack of response. Turns out he was incommunicado due to a visit to the US and incompatible phone systems. Here's the summary again.

11-October-2012 Initial contact and product questions
17-December-2012 Update on OEM parts and promise to ship week 1 or week 2 of 2013
28-December-2012 Payment for bike made
03-January-2013 Confirmation of payment received
17-January-2013 Shipment promised 24th Jan 2013
23-January-2013 Shipment delayed due to winter storm
31-January-2013 Promise to ship next week
01-February-2013 Photos of bike received, promise to ship next week
04-February-2013 Discussion regarding unexpected product change (canon plug key, that wasn't visible before). They did offer to ship with this and I would retrofit the new (much better looking) solution later. I chose to wait.
05-February-2013 Promise to deliver next week due to product change
12-February-2013 Update on product change all going well
21-February-2013 Update on product change all going well
25-February-2013 Shipping address update supplied to Bioplanet
03-March-2013 Delay (3-4 weeks) due to manufacturing quality controls of the replacement key.
25-March-2013 Delivery of updated product expected
09-April-2013 Order update requested
09-April-2013 15th April set as shipping date
17-April-2013 Delay due to shipping pallet treatment required
19-April-2013 Order update requested
22-April-2013 Problems shipping lithium battery. Workaround to ship as partly assembled kit suggested and accepted.
25-April-2013 Directive on customs declaration sent to Bioplanet
25-April-2013 Clarification of customs declaration by Bioplanet
02-May-2013 Still no shipment made. Request for refund of amount paid to Bioplanet
06-May-2013 No reply about refund. Request for any contact from company (facebook, website contact page etc...)
06-May-2013 Contact from company, explaining US visit communication problems.
07-May-2013 Waiting on shipping date.

I expected some delays as this is a new product and there are always problems when going into production of complex equipment no matter how good your prototype is (I used to design electronic equipment). Also international shipping logistics of bulky items are a bitch, especially with lithium batteries involved. However after 4 months of constant contact and no result then 2 weeks of no contact at all I started freaking out. Needlessly as it turned out. I'm disappointed and getting impatient that it has taken this long but am still very keen to get hold of this bike. Bioplanet have been very helpful and I did get a very good deal as a pioneering international business case.

Got an email on the 15th saying that they are testing a reinforced motor shaft an will be trialling it over the next few days then shipping if everything goes ok. Nothing since.

Some time ago I asked them in this forum thread if they had beefed up the Bofeili drive they were using (you can buy the stock one from BMSbattery). They indicated they had and from memory the cromotor guys chimed in that they were involved and the drive had been strengthened.

This'll be interesting to watch.

Are you able to take a refund? If you are handy a GNG2 middrive on a dual susp bike might be an option...

This bike in general seems to have disappeared, can't find anything new about it, no real world experiences etc. nothing here for a month. Biggest issue I have till now was they deleted of the ext battery connector that was on the early plans. I have so many issues w/my Stromer I don't think I can try another out of country, hard to find support product. I will keep looking at this but I am waiting for Emotion to make a higher speed bike at this point

Mark

June-4-2013 Informed that motors were having strengthened drive shafts fitted. Bike to leave factory "this week".
June-17-2013 Still no sign of bike shipment. Asked for a firm shipping date and intention to obtain a refund in full if shipping date missed.

I'm done supplying these guys with the equivalent of an interest free loan. :x

well done hal. i think the market will favor this bike.

HAL9000v2.0 said:
docnjoj said:
HAL9000v2.0 said:
It is not weak.
Trust me. :wink:
Hey HAL9000 were you involved in the design/construction? If so it is quite a stamp of approval!
otherDoc

Yes, as someone of you know, it is my design and I made first prototype. I am about to sell it to Bioplanet group as complete project and they will produce them.
The battery is 12S Headway 16Ah (or 14,4Ah) the controller is currently on 16A. it is infineon based 6 fet. The motor has few upgrades as turns out some parts are made of stell/crap alloy.
The bike realy feels as "normal" with motor turned off, no resistance at all. I thouht it will be some since the freewheel in motor is twice bigger dia then standard.
I intended to make front three speeds but finaly it will have single fron sprocket between 34-38 teeth. I still do not know what is the temp maximum that motor can reach but it seams some 800W is no problem.
It will be street legal for EU with offroad switch. The battery can be replaced easily.

I am not trying to poo poo the bike, I want(ed) to replace mine w/this based on all reading. I am more concerned about their business operations. At this point I believe the early purchasers will be "testing" the bike for them. I am looking for a bike I can ride 5-7 days a week ,no electronic gremlins, If it doesn't break down I wont have to argue w/someone in CA while I am VA that it has slowed down , the throttle doesn't work correctly at low speed, the bike lost torque, told of how great service will be when it isn't . A real bonus would be to have purchased from local bike shop that is consumer friendly even after they have my money. I believe they said if there were issues I could get a part or bike in 7 days...long time to be down when you need to get somewhere.

Since last year I have nothing with this bike. I designed it few years ago and, some of you know why, I abandoned it completely.
So, please, do not ask me anything about this bike. Thanks.

Tom L said:
June-4-2013 Informed that motors were having strengthened drive shafts fitted. Bike to leave factory "this week".
June-17-2013 Still no sign of bike shipment. Asked for a firm shipping date and intention to obtain a refund in full if shipping date missed.

I'm done supplying these guys with the equivalent of an interest free loan. :x

Still no word. Looks like they've been far too busy to reply to emails :roll: https://www.facebook.com/kresimir.b...0200905901143754.1073741827.1051973813&type=1

Spoke my local Police eCrimes division on the phone today. Over the weekend I be collecting all our correspondence and other info for a submission to the Croatian police.

DO NOT SEND THIS COMPANY MONEY.

Tom,
sorry to hear about your plight mate.

There seems to be a lot of other press on the web for this bike. It might be worth leaving some factual comments/warnings on their youtube site and other forums and threads. Happy to help out if I can.

Sam.

Thanks Sam.

Regarding commenting on their sites. Yeah, I thought of that but there's not much point. They delete the comments a day or so after I post them unfortunately (Facebook & YouTube). What other forums do you think I should put warnings on?

Not sure - might be worth a google search? Looks like a lot of press releases went out to various sites, the danger of modern syndicated news. One fax or email can turn into lots of news articles overnight.

Do you mind me asking how much you were out of pocket?

There does seem to be a few ebike companies requiring upfront payment so they can use your cash to get up and going. Risky times.

Hello Everyone,

I want to take a moment to assure everyone that the company behind the Bioplanet Bike is for real and that Bioplanet Bike will officially be arriving to the United States this Summer.... I am in constant contact with the company and i can tell you that the Bioplanet Bike has gone through an extensive improvement process over the last several months and is now officially ready for the North American market

Bioplanet Bike USA will be an official Bioplanet Bike dealer for both the United States and Canada. Our website/webshop will be launched soon. The company has just produced an amazing promotional music video for the Bioplanet Bike, which will be released within the next few days....

There will be many updates from the company in the weeks and months ahead on their Offical Facebook page....

Yeah, good luck with that. Where's my bike or refund? SIX and a half months and nothing except excuses, promo photos and videos. Kresimir's word is a waste of oxygen. Hope you don't get burnt too badly.

Back