BioPlanet ebike [apparently a fraud attempt - see page 5 on]

very stealthy indeed
how does it compare with OPTIBIKE
In terms of quality
Obviously you would not like to have that battery on luggage rack.

file.php

Attachments

• bioplanet frame.JPG
    bioplanet frame.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 901
Any idea when this will become available to the public, my Stromer may need to be replaced, 28-32 mph beats my my 20mph and stealthy to boot!!!

thanks

Mark

I like this bike...

...one thing I would change is the location of the swingarm pivot, it needs to be forward and slightly above the crankset. Also I would like to see an airshock, easier to adjust over a wide range of riders/conditions and they are well proven in regular mt biking applications, and an air shock is much lighter.

EM :D

opimax said:
Any idea when this will become available to the public, my Stromer may need to be replaced, 28-32 mph beats my my 20mph and stealthy to boot!!!

thanks

Mark

Went to public few days ago.... check website www.bioplanetbike.com

So, everybody lets hear your minds and thoughts about Bioplanet Bike! http://www.bioplanetbike.com

(Moderator edit: Merged your advertisement thread into the original discussion thread about your bikes. If you wish to advertise, post an ad in the For Sale (online market) section. Your other advertisment post and thread were removed as spam.)

Bioplanet Bike BlackWhite.jpg

Picture is worth a thousand words....

(Moderator edit: Merged your advertisement thread into the original discussion thread about your bikes. If you wish to advertise, post an ad in the For Sale (online market) section. Your other advertisment post and thread were removed as spam.)

High shipping costs , lack of support in USA plus warrenty ... kind of kills it for me...

Join our worldwide FREE SHIPPING action with special conditions for USA, Germany and Australia. Send your inquiry through QUOTES on http://www.bioplanetbike.com. Send us your name, email address and state. We will inform you shortly are you qualified for free shipping. In April we will open two Sale & Service points based in USA. Final goal is to have 50 Bike supporting places across US by the end of 2013. Warranty? 10 years on frame and 2 years on electronic parts including battery...

Initial impression - hell yeah I like it!

I don't like website.

If you wanna sell these, how about a video of the bike IN ACTION?

I see the front shock has 100mm travel, How about the rear suspension travel? Assuming the same 100mm?

Bring one to Colorado and ride it up Pikes Peak for an ultimate test, or better yet send me one and I will ride it up Pikes Peak for you :mrgreen:

Steel frame & dual suspension. Mid-drive. I like it. Price point is roughly competitive with the current crop of mid-drive Ebikes popping up now. I like this new shift from hub to mid-drive IMO as it has it's uses on off-road terrain. Thank you for the free U.S.A. shipping and good luck to you :!:

Thanks for your quick response.. The market is wide open for a high performance , quality e-bike at a reasonable price.. Hope you can fill that niche.. Your bike looks very promising..

I think Bioplanet Bike is a great factory style built ebike that works excellent in the EU market. From what I have read it can reach speeds of 45kmh with an offroad setting? If true that is awesome!
I tried one of those 250w EU standard ebike and I was very very disappointed, this the whole reason why i built my own in the first place. Now I can recommend my non mechanically gifted friends a complete solution that promises quality, speed and reliability.

I wish you guys the best of luck and success.

Racer_X said:
I think Bioplanet Bike is a great factory style built ebike that works excellent in the EU market. From what I have read it can reach speeds of 45kmh with an offroad setting? If true that is awesome!
I tried one of those 250w EU standard ebike and I was very very disappointed, this the whole reason why i built my own in the first place. Now I can recommend my non mechanically gifted friends a complete solution that promises quality, speed and reliability.

I wish you guys the best of luck and success.

Thanks Racer for your opinion and wishes! :)

You might want to go read the rules for posting in the for sale section. Likely we'll be moving this thread there soon.

We would love to have a regular ES member, preferably an experienced one, ride and review your bike. Other vendors have sent free product out, or deeply discounted product so it can get a proper review.

This forum is a bit of a shark tank, so you can expect a few hoots if we read too much sales speak. Range specs that don't mention at what speed will set me off every time for example.

Others definitely want to know what chemisty and c rate the battery is. Lithium polymer 10 ah translates as "we don't allow you to know what you are buying".

Now that I looked at the website, I like it.

Pluses.

You tell us it's lifepo4, thanks.

You give us top speed motor only, hopefully on truly flat ground and no tailwind. Did ya ride both directions and average it? Hope so.

Steel frame. No real need to make an ebike superlight, so steel is good. We can pound it with less worry about metal fatigue, and modifications if desired would be easy.

Full suspension. I'm just personally a fan of FS, even for street. I have crushed disks, so cush is good.

Mid drive. It's the future of ebikes for sure. The only downside is getting the rider to downshift and stop melting the motors. Low rpm warnigs or something will be needed for the dummies.

Minuses

Only two I see right away. I just knew you'd say the range without saying at what speed you get that range. Range with pedaling is completely meaningless. You can pedal with the motor off as far as the tires hold air. Folks have got to realise that range lies just piss off buyers. And then they tell all on the internet now days.

The other one is it's not very obvious how to buy one if I was interested. If you have an online store, don't hide the link to it. :mrgreen: Company is in Croatia, so there went going there to take a look at one. Let us know when there is one in North America, Britan, Australia, etc that could be test ridden.

Intergrated planetary gearing give three different riding options. Simple pedaling, power assisted (PAS) and power on demand (POD).
What does that mean? What does planetary gearing has to do with pedaling, PAS or POD? "Intergrated" is mispelled btw.

SamTexas said:
Intergrated planetary gearing give three different riding options. Simple pedaling, power assisted (PAS) and power on demand (POD).
What does that mean? What does planetary gearing has to do with pedaling, PAS or POD? "Intergrated" is mispelled btw.

I think the idea they are going for is that because it is geared, you can pedal without resistance. You've got to interpret the sales hype and translate it into actual features. For example: if they said "integrated pedal and seat design gives dual riding position functions" it would probably mean you can either stand on the pedals or sit on the seat. Gotta love how every little thing on the bike becomes a "feature!!!" and selling point.

dogman said:
You might want to go read the rules for posting in the for sale section. Likely we'll be moving this thread there soon.

We would love to have a regular ES member, preferably an experienced one, ride and review your bike. Other vendors have sent free product out, or deeply discounted product so it can get a proper review.

This forum is a bit of a shark tank, so you can expect a few hoots if we read too much sales speak. Range specs that don't mention at what speed will set me off every time for example.

Others definitely want to know what chemisty and c rate the battery is. Lithium polymer 10 ah translates as "we don't allow you to know what you are buying".

We have some orders from ES members, so expect soon to get independent reviews worldwide. We are aware of sharks and we are ready to swim here. :)

Bike has 145 kg (320 lbs) test rider which write these sentences and know what really happens. When we speak about ranges we mentioned that combined range reaches 100 km. That means in real life normal rider with light pedaling and motor use can reach 100 km in 3 hours without wet T-shirt. We do not believe that everyone want to spend more time on saddle!

We put detailed information about technical specifications on web site, FB and YT.

mlt34 said:
I think the idea they are going for is that because it is geared, you can pedal without resistance. You've got to interpret the sales hype and translate it into actual features. For example: if they said "integrated pedal and seat design gives dual riding position functions" it would probably mean you can either stand on the pedals or sit on the seat. Gotta love how every little thing on the bike becomes a "feature!!!" and selling point.
I think so too. Just trying to tell them to tone it down. Too much "made up features" could be selling points to the unitiated, or turn-offs for the educated consumers.

SamTexas said:

It means that you can pedal without resistance, apply throttle when pedaling for extra power or stop pedaling and continue to ride just on motor power.

We are proud to have not recharging function. We found that insignificantly at all. Sounds good and green but without sense for everyday usage.

BB,

I think you should take Sam's point seriously. Some of these terms and hype sound good to the soccer mom who doesn't know which end of the ebike is which, but to anyone moderately informed customer (which I would imagine shoudl make up 90% of your customer base) the hype makes it sound like you're trying to pretty up something and make it sound better than it is.

Tom Tom said:
How about a video of the bike actually operating?

In production ..... Expect to see bunch of videos from May.... or earlier from Bike worldwide riders..... on last one we haven't any influance....

Check our YouTube channel for updates.... http://www.youtube.com/bioplanetbike

Back