E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Agreed, seems like not even any hydraulic damping. I'm pretty slow on single-track, maybe 10-15 mph max. Based on GRIN calculator I won't see anything over 38mph even on the street since this is a 5T motor. Once up and running I'll spring for something more appropriate. MC forks look interesting but heavy. Found a post that says the KTM 250SX has a 1.125 diameter like the clones use.

These are all over. Wonder if anyone has any reviews:

Bolany Forks

Last edited:
It's my bikes 10 year birthday, and today I did my bikes annual, detail wash, and wax. I only do this once a year, because it's so easy to keep it clean. The rims are the only part that seem to attract dirt. For a lot of years I didn't have the proper appreciation for the paint job Stealth did on my bike, but now after 10 years I'm impressed at how well this red paint has held up. There's not a scratch on it of any consequence, and the paint seems thick compared to a lot of cars I shopped this summer. I'm forever amazed at how well this bike was made 10 years ago, almost to the day. And not just that, but how well it's able to still represent itself on any group ride I go on with modern bikes. My odometer has about 25,000 miles on it now, but all the electrics have been replaced, and looking back it was easy to do, largely because of the way the bike is constructed.
11 20 23.jpgBomber rear.jpg

Last edited:
what a massive battery, should be good for one trip around the world at least.

Can you share some details on how you did your foot pegs?
I have two sets.. the front (main) ones are literally just axle pegs clamped on a long bolt over where the bottom bracket would be. So remove bottom bracket and use long bolt and nut to clamp axle pegs over the hole.

The passenger pegs are tapped into the swing arm with M8 threading. They're some motorcycle slider pegs that retract if you were to low side the bike. They just thread in with M8 threading.

I have two sets.. the front (main) ones are literally just axle pegs clamped on a long bolt over where the bottom bracket would be. So remove bottom bracket and use long bolt and nut to clamp axle pegs over the hole.

The passenger pegs are tapped into the swing arm with M8 threading. They're some motorcycle slider pegs that retract if you were to low side the bike. They just thread in with M8 threading.
I think I get it but what is an "axle peg"?

Like these I guess:

Edit:
Wheely pegs worked great thanks for the tip.

Attachments

• 20231217_140338.jpg
    20231217_140338.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I was just perusing the Stealth website and came across their chain guard and skidplate on the newest bombers. The skidplate is sweet and clean.

Attachments

• Stealth Xboxx.jpg
    Stealth Xboxx.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Steatlh Skidplate.jpg
    Steatlh Skidplate.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 17
I was just perusing the Stealth website and came across their chain guard and skidplate on the newest bombers. The skidplate is sweet and clean.
The chain guard is a nice addition. I used to catch my pants leg in the chain back when I used to pedal.

• Cheers
Reactions: Rix
Unless you find published data for your rim and hub, you'll need to take some measurements:

Trying to decide on a rear shock for my stealth clone. DNM and Fastace are the main candidates due to price. Wondering about the spring rate, most are 550 lbs but I can get a DNM with 750 lbs. I'm about 200 lbs and the bike is about 130 lbs with Q205 clone hub motor.

I used this calculator and everything came out OK. Had to drill out my rim to fit the larger spokes is all. I used the published dimensions on the QS motor site.

spoke calculator

Video

cant wait to see how this goes, good luck.

Had to drill out my rim to fit the larger spokes is all.

Invested extra effort to make your wheel worse. Cool.

Hello, I'm going to build a front moto wheel for my Stealth Bomber.
Which spokes length are needed to mount this 19x1,4" rim MOTO 19x1.4 "Alu Rim - Black
on this Sur-Ron front hub? https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...st_main.5.5b753696NZwbIC&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita
Contact Form Cut and paste this link into your browser, it should get you in touch John Rob Holmes. He mostly sells RC parts, but he has been known to build phenomenal wheels, specifically specializing in motor cycle rims laced to MTB hubs. He built me 2 wheels years ago, he will know the length of spoke you need for a 3x lace. He used to be on ES, but haven't seen him post since before 2017. The spoke calculators work, provided you know how to get the Rim's ERD and measure the hub flange accurately.

Contact Form Cut and paste this link into your browser, it should get you in touch John Rob Holmes. He mostly sells RC parts, but he has been known to build phenomenal wheels, specifically specializing in motor cycle rims laced to MTB hubs. He built me 2 wheels years ago, he will know the length of spoke you need for a 3x lace. He used to be on ES, but haven't seen him post since before 2017. The spoke calculators work, provided you know how to get the Rim's ERD and measure the hub flange accurately.
Ok, the stuff arrived and I took the measurements on the hub and rim as indicated on Spokecalc, free and easy to use spoke calculator. The spokecalc result is 222mm but my eye test tells me that 226mm should work better.
I wrote to John Rob Holmes asking if he could provide me with a new set of butted 11/12 gauge spokes like the ones I got from him in 2015 when I mounted the 19x1.6" motorcycle rim on the original Crystalite 5403.
However, it seems to me that John Rob has left the e-bike market, where can we buy cut-to-size spokes with 6mm nipples today?
20240105_174642.jpg20240105_172432.jpg20240105_223233.jpg

Back