E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Nutsert or Rivnut. I'm guessing you stripped the threads on one of the side panel bolt holes.

Cheers
You win Cd, right on both counts, except the threads aren't stripped, the nut spins in the frame. Luckily you can get to the back it from the other side, or it could be a big problem to get the cover off. This one rivnut always has been a little wonky. This is the first time I've ever heard of them. After a crash course on Youtube university last night, now I have a PHD in Rivnut technology, but no actual field experience, yet. I really appreciate Stealth using common fasteners, and bearings when possible, because that makes it s easy to source parts locally.

Yep, they are a brilliant piece of tech! I'm hanging over 10KG slung beneath my recumbent using them and take this thing down extremely rough terrain I didn't even consider on my Fighter and do moderately sized jumps regularly. Apart from a few of the the bolts working loose have had zero issues with them.
DSC_6935-1024x768.jpg

And now you know why I sold my Figher....this thing is so much more fun, weird and challenging to ride. :)

I didn't say I don't own a Stealth any more though. :p

Cheers

And now let me show you something in white...complete frame off nuts and bolts teardown.

Attachments

• IMG_5639.JPG
    IMG_5639.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5640.JPG
    IMG_5640.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5648.JPG
    IMG_5648.JPG
    945.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5662.JPG
    IMG_5662.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5671.JPG
    IMG_5671.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5674.JPG
    IMG_5674.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5681.JPG
    IMG_5681.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Hopefully I get around to making a thread soon of what my bike has turned into and how my 72v63ah battery fits in the frame using 3 sub-packs in series with an external BMS.
I've got a 72v17.5ah pack in a pannier in parallel making the system 72v80.5ah total. Can push 300A peak from the battery and 600 phase amps from the kelly controller.
134km/h top speed.
A few days ago I got an inspection from Washington State Patrol and got a state-assigned VIN, and a license plate.
Insurance from SafeCo ended up being $93/year.gen1.5.jpg

Hopefully I get around to making a thread soon of what my bike has turned into and how my 72v63ah battery fits in the frame using 3 sub-packs in series with an external BMS.
I've got a 72v17.5ah pack in a pannier in parallel making the system 72v80.5ah total. Can push 300A peak from the battery and 600 phase amps from the kelly controller.
134km/h top speed.
A few days ago I got an inspection from Washington State Patrol and got a state-assigned VIN, and a license plate.
Insurance from SafeCo ended up being $93/year.View attachment 342295
Got battery? Thats a lot of energy storage!

I could probably get just under a hundred miles on the SB Cruiser trike (about 60wh/mile typical usage) with that much battery (5760wh). (ATM I only have just over a third of that capacity in the old EIG pack, but it's probably less actual usable by now, over a decade into it's lifespan).

What are your packs made from?

I could probably get just under a hundred miles on the SB Cruiser trike (about 60wh/mile typical usage) with that much battery (5760wh). (ATM I only have just over a third of that capacity in the old EIG pack, but it's probably less actual usable by now, over a decade into it's lifespan).

What are your packs made from?
All my packs are made from Samsung 35E's. I personally would knock them down to like 3.3Ah instead of the mystical 3.5Ah they're perceived to get in ideal conditions, which would get me 5465wh.
The main pack is 7s18p+7s18p+6s18p, totalling 360 cells, with copper nickel welding to support the current. Each series connection is 4x8awg XT150's.
The cargo pack is 20s5p, 10x10 grid for 100 cells. I have a second cargo pack that is in need of a repair (bad weld possibly), but if I was to fix it and hook it up, we'd get a total of 560 cells in the whole system, or 6650-7050wh depending on true capacity.

Any chance we can see how you've fit that inside the frame?
Here are a few old pictures when I built the main pack during last winter
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Was before some various upgrades like the controller swap from KLS7230s to KLS8080h.
Notice how it would be impossible to fit them all in without them being partitioned. You have to get the bottom and top sub-packs in before sliding the middle one in like a jenga piece.
The 180A Cont. ANT BMS sits on the very top (I don't think shown in the picture, was just testing fitment in the picture)

Last edited:
I see how you fit that now....you don't have an actual Stealth Bomber...this is a clone. I was wondering.

That being said, this is still awesome and I would love to have it.

I 'think' I still have the record for largest pack build for a Stealth Bomber/Alpha at 3.25KWh with the 18S14P pack using Sanyo 3.5Ah cells I built back in 2018.

Cheers

I see how you fit that now....you don't have an actual Stealth Bomber...this is a clone. I was wondering.

That being said, this is still awesome and I would love to have it.

I 'think' I still have the record for largest pack build for a Stealth Bomber/Alpha at 3.25KWh with the 18S14P pack using Sanyo 3.5Ah cells I built back in 2018.

Cheers

Yeah 3.25kwh is a huge battery for the stealth bomber 👍 nice!
My 72v battery for my bomber “clone” was/is 2.6 kWh but will be building a new pack, maybe around 3kwh-ish.

I'm working on setting up a stealth clone and now shopping for front forks. Initial build will be low cost units from china. Wonder what the community here thinks about...
- Air suspension or springs?
- Upside down or not
- 26x4.0 rear tire; 29x4.0 front tire

Riding will be off road below 35 mph. Bike weight under 150lbs (maybe),rider weight 200lbs.

Below is a mockup with a standard MTB front fork with a 26 in front wheel.

Attachments

• 20231105_141916.jpg
    20231105_141916.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
Here are a few old pictures when I built the main pack during last winter
View attachment 342461
View attachment 342462
View attachment 342463
View attachment 342464
Was before some various upgrades like the controller swap from KLS7230s to KLS8080h.
Notice how it would be impossible to fit them all in without them being partitioned. You have to get the bottom and top sub-packs in before sliding the middle one in like a jenga piece.
The 180A Cont. ANT BMS sits on the very top (I don't think shown in the picture, was just testing fitment in the picture)
what a massive battery, should be good for one trip around the world at least.

Can you share some details on how you did your foot pegs?

I'm working on setting up a stealth clone and now shopping for front forks. Initial build will be low cost units from china. Wonder what the community here thinks about...
- Air suspension or springs?
- Upside down or not
- 26x4.0 rear tire; 29x4.0 front tire

Riding will be off road below 35 mph. Bike weight under 150lbs (maybe),rider weight 200lbs.

Below is a mockup with a standard MTB front fork with a 26 in front wheel.
Since you're going to be mainly be riding off road, I would first look for the tires you want to run, and then buy rims that fit those tires. Most of the clones I know of run 18" motorcycle rims.

Last edited:
Forks came in, ZOOM for 29 inch rims. Seem to work but maybe no real damping, just springs. Works for now.
Will have to go with a 29x3 tire on the front since the forks only have about 3.5 inches of clearance.
Trying to get the head angle to about 67 degrees, similar to DH bikes I have seen. I'm at about 70 degrees in this pic. Might reduce the shock length some to try and get a little to get it close to the 67.
20231117_170125.jpg

That Zoom fork is NOT something you want to use off road at pretty much any speed let alone 35 mph. There has been more than one that has broken while in use.

Be careful!

tom

• Haha
Reactions: Rix
Back