First build - Vector (e-kross) frame

herbalizer404 said:
Im the owner artur is talking about :p

I will receive a total of lifepo4 4sx6=24s
so 13.2Vx6=79.2V 8400mah and 30c (40c burst)
Do you know how much A will it really brings? And how many watts finally?
I'm notre sure about my calculation. Thanks
Hi Herbalizer.
I got it as 76.8V nominal (24x3.2)
I would suggest the discharge values are optimistic. What capacity are your cells? 5Ah? The discharge rate may not be a problem with 30c cells. I will use multistar lipo on mine which say 10c but really dont perform well over 4c-5c.

herbalizer404 said:
OK thx. Here is one of the six pack
You are right, it says 13.2V I could have sworn LiFePO cells were 3.2V nominal. So if the discharge rate is accurate, you could pull 8.4x30=252A (8.4x40=336A burst)
Realistically I think your controller will limit you in terms of current. Even the Max-E has max battery current of 140A.

Dirtech said:
herbalizer404 said:
You are right, it says 13.2V I could have sworn LiFePO cells were 3.2V nominal. So if the discharge rate is accurate, you could pull 8.4x30=252A (8.4x40=336A burst)
Realistically I think your controller will limit you in terms of current. Even the Max-E has max battery current of 140A.

If the Life cells from hobbyking are like the Lipo cells also from hobbyking you need to de-rate the C capacity by 4 at least. So the 30C will be more 7.5C really.

striker54 said:
Dirtech said:
herbalizer404 said:

If the Life cells from hobbyking are like the Lipo cells also from hobbyking you need to de-rate the C capacity by 4 at least. So the 30C will be more 7.5C really.
You could add another 24s in parallel to double the current you can draw and achieve 16.8Ah capacity. But even if striker is right and the batteries are only good for a quarter of as advertised, this is still 63A (84A burst).

Dirtech said:
You could add another 24s in parallel to double the current you can draw and achieve 16.8Ah capacity.).
Also only 8.4Ah will be good only for 20-30km of autonomy. The ideal will be the double or triple of that capacity.

Dirtech said:
But even if striker is right and the batteries are only good for a quarter of as advertised, this is still 63A (84A burst).
63A is good for a MINI-E
For a MAX-E you need the at least the double of continuous corrent or the cells will sag a lot.

Hey awesome build! This is an almost identical build to what I am wanting to do. Now that you have it built up do you have any idea how much it weighs? I only ask because my local laws prevent anything over 100 pounds to be legal. Thanks!!

Hey man I'm having issues with the rear freewheel and the front chain ring.

Also did your cranks go all the way up the square taper? Or do you have a decent amount of the square taper showing?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430842100.996444.jpg

Yeah I flipped my ring gear over to the inside and went to 34 tooth. My square is showing a bit on the inside.

You need to get it on as fast as possible to get your lowest gear on your rear cassette. I have a 10 speed but cant get the lowest gear. But I did this so I could use a shimarno shadow clutch derailer it certainly stops the chain slapping

Cheers KiwiEV

Hi guys,
I'm coming back after a long while.
I'm about to buy those batteries:
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__14074__ZIPPY_Flightmax_8400mAh_4S2P_30C_LiFePo4_Pack.html
only 6 to begin, I'm a beginner in batteries plugging..etc

Do you know guys what kind of plugs do I need to buy to plug those lifepo4 in serie?

Thank you

XT-90 I think or XT-60 you can buy on e-bay

I plugged 3 in series by to lots then plug the the2 packs in series.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,601
  • IMG_2008.JPG
    IMG_2008.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,601
Hey pal,

Long time no talk - Great job with the build, the black looks awesome. I have a quick question. I'm using a Cromotor too, did you have any problems fitting the axle on the dropouts? It seems like you inverted the dropout clamps. Also, was the axle too wide for the frame dropout? It seems like it's so hard to slide the axle in, it would be impossible to take it out afterwards, I was thinking about grinding a little of the dropout to make it just 0.5millimeters wider...

I should have my bike done within a week!! I was planning on opening a build thread afterwards showing the steps I took to put the bike together. I know last time we chatted I only had a sketch, I came a long way - here's a preview picture :twisted: :

20150719_043821.jpg

With the Mac Hub motor, I had to use a 203 mm rear disc rotor, and the 203 disc caliper mounting adapter . even a 180 rotor would not work, Had to use a 203,
shimano makes both a large 203 disc rotor and adaptor .

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71378

>

herbalizer404 said:
I will check the wheelbase tonight. I putted the chain this morning.
Unfortunately my rear brake doesn't fit between the motor and the disc.
Anyone had this problem? Thanks

Back