Giant Trance build

kiwiev said:
Went for a ride from bullocks flat to Thredbo uphill and back to try and work out range.:shock:

Nice Build Kiwiev,

How do yo think you would go from Jindy To Thredbo on a charge as im looking to get down to Tom Groggin from Jindy in the near future for a weeks trout fishing. The Upper Murray down that way is great fishing.

Also how fast are you travelling on your way up to Thredo and what sort of Watts per km are you looking at as i am trying to work out how much battery i will need.

Thanks
I researched a lot before finally built it.

Range best I had is 50km that's peddling over top and a wee bit of regeneration

Happy to meet in jindy when you come thru. I was peddling 20 to 30kph to Thredbo haven't really got a average watts per km as the power gets addictive :D

I did think about 15 ah batteries but was worried about weight.

so the Trance is going great I still cant believe how quick it is to re-charge. Still getting a rear flat tire every now and then might change rear tire to a DH tire.

are there any other stronger tire for a 26" wheel?

Don't know if you are dirt riding or street riding ?

If riding on the street, you can look into the Maxxis Hookworm 26 inch tire, with a " Mr Tuffy " tire liner.

>

kiwiev said:
so the Trance is going great I still cant believe how quick it is to re-charge. Still getting a rear flat tire every now and then might change rear tire to a DH tire.

are there any other stronger tire for a 26" wheel?

Thanks Scooter man

I mainly do trackside.

On another note have received 2 black and 2 white Kross frames having been talking to Hyena about drive packages.

Is there anyone else in Australia that has built one of these frames up?

Or around the world?

Weather finally good today

When for a 12km ride CA gave 1.9Ah used and 12.8 to 13.2 Wh per km

First is peddling second no so much half concrete have single track .

How does this compare to other members?

Cheers Conrad

Well I let a mate have a ride Friday afternoon big mistake :x took it straight up a fire trail at the dam wall. Use 7 AH in half an hour an came back pushing it with a big grin. :mrgreen:
Punctured the rear tire.
Hub was hot I could touch it but it smells.
and motor was cogging real bad.

today I tried controller on spare hub didn't want to spin with out first giving it a push but not real smooth
tried the Crystalite controller smoother and spins free but still needs a push to start.

So am I up for a controller and a hub?

Any help much appreciated. :D

I fixed the wires to the hub had melted 2 of the plugs so I just soldered directly and heat shrink :D

some pics of todays ride nice weather 8)

Attachments

• IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,099
Well I've crammed some good batteries into the toptubes but headways take the cake!
Bloody hell, well fitted.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56712#p845913

Thanks Sam

The only downside is I know I will implant my jewels on the lid one day but it's only 90mm wide, and I don't really feel the weight.

Need to upgrade the rear shock any ideas?

Well the Trance is in winter hibernation the Head-ways don't like the cold at all and suffer big voltage drop that kicks out the BMS need to heat the pack some how????

Cheers Kiwi

Had an AWESOME ride on Saturday with Cowardly Duck showed him one of the local trails, he gave the Giant trance a vent job and a re-program of the controller, a mild 80Amps at 72volts nice :D . He did really well to keep up on a bike and trail he hadn't ridden :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 967
Back