improving MXUS 3000 V2

Which one is better? The MXUS 3000 V2 or the Crystalyte 4080. For my Vector bike with 4000 Watt :) (Similar to the Tornado)+

-Elias

Want to ride 44 kilometers every day with about 45 km/h or more ;)

What is better / What do you recommend? The Crystalyte 4080 or the NXUS hub motor? -Elias :)

@ Double:
you could compare the motors in the simulator at www.ebikes.ca
choose your wheel size, battery voltage and controller amps and you will see the differences :wink:

Thank you madin. Here are my results:

motor 1.PNG

So in words: The MXUS is better when you trust this what the webside is saying and also the MXUS is more efficient etc. Just look at picture 2. :)

-Cheers, Elias :)

You are selecting the wrong crystalyte motor. The one you chose is obsolete.. not even in production anymore.

Rix said:
DasDouble said:

View attachment 1

For system B, select "Clyte TC4080" then you can track the differences, which isn't much. The TC4080 has slightly more thrust and takes a little longer to over heat.

So you mean the Crystalyte 4080 (for high speed, not torque) is still better?

-Elias

FYI - There is no such thing as a High Torque or High Speed motor.
Which ever winding it is, they both produce the same.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64907

DasDouble said:
Rix said:
DasDouble said:

View attachment 1

For system B, select "Clyte TC4080" then you can track the differences, which isn't much. The TC4080 has slightly more thrust and takes a little longer to over heat.

So you mean the Crystalyte 4080 (for high speed, not torque) is still better?

-Elias

Saying the TC4080 is better than the MXUS 4t is subjective. Bang for the buck, the MXUS is way better. But quality of craftsmanship the TC4080 is the best hub motor I have seen taken apart. Don't get too wrapped up with high speed and high torque . Check out the link that Markz posted, it explains a lot. Long story short, I can take a 5403 and throw 50 volts @ 100 amps into it and it would perform very similar to a 5405 running 80 volts @ 63 amps. If the Ebikes CA simulator had a 5405 you would see data being very close, even though not identical.

I have meet the MXUS guys at their boot at Interbike in Las vegas last week. 8)

I spoke with the owner of MXUS and we took time to explore what improovement they could do to the MXUS 3000.

He carefully noted every of my suggestions and are open to apply these in teh future! like larger phase wires, 2 hall sensor set, bigger and better axel and bearing, better winding tightening and more care to not break winding strands. the use of protective coating..etc

they said the will have to replac ethe side cover for larger bearing.

btw he was impressed by what i did with their motor on my 2WD bike 8)

more details to come!

Doc

Doctorbass said:

I spoke with the owner of MXUS and we took time to explore what improovement they could do to the MXUS 3000.

He carefully noted every of my suggestions and are open to apply these in teh future! like larger phase wires, 2 hall sensor set, bigger and better axel and bearing, better winding tightening and more care to not break winding strands. the use of protective coating..etc

more details to come!

Doc

That's awesome DOC, if MXUS applies your suggestions, their motors will be the best on the market.

I hear a lot about Interbike, and it seems to be every year.
I assume this is the website
http://www.interbike.com/

Is it always in USA every year?

Did you feel it was geniune from MXUS guy, or was he just agreeing hoping you would go away.
I do that with sales men on car lots. I get their card, then throw it away. or give 'em fake phone numbers and addresses because I hate cold calls from them.

markz said:

Did you feel it was geniune from MXUS guy, or was he just agreeing hoping you would go away.
I do that with sales men on car lots. I get their card, then throw it away. or give 'em fake phone numbers and addresses because I hate cold calls from them.

The MXUS guys came back to our boot at the last interbike day to make sure to note every requirement i suggested. :wink:

Doc

markz said:

Yah Mark, its in Vegas, just 5 hours south of my house by car. Going to try and get there next year.

John in CR said:
Rix said:
That's awesome DOC, if MXUS applies your suggestions, their motors will be the best on the market.

LOL!

Well maybe not the best on the market... but one that have been improoved for sure. The efficiency is already impresive for the winding quality it is actually ( quite poor...) it sraw 1000W less at 100km/h than my 5403 was.

Doc

Doctorbass said:
John in CR said:
Rix said:

LOL!

Well maybe not the best on the market... but one that have been improoved for sure. The efficiency is already impresive for the winding quality it is actually ( quite poor...) it sraw 1000W less at 100km/h than my 5403 was.

Doc

That is even funnier!

John in CR said:
Rix said:

LOL!

I meant best bang for the buck. If there is a better motor performance wise cheaper than the MXUS, I want to know.

I'm assuming John in CR, is saying thats just so Rix!

"The Other" motors are.......
"Better"
"Better Quality"
"More Efficient"
"Better Performance"

But for the price, I do not know, as I do not know how much "The Other" motors" sell for.

I've been intrigued by his motors and his claims. I believe them to be true. I've been astounded by his high power ebike motors.

I will buy a 40' seacan's worth when I win this Fridays $60,000,000 Lotto Max and start up my own nationwide ebike store outlet.

Doctorbass said:

more details to come!

Doc
I am glad MXUS had a chance to hear your feedback first hand, Dr. Bass.
They know we mean business here in North America now.

:D

markz said:
I'm assuming John in CR, is saying thats just so Rix!

"The Other" motors are.......
"Better"
"Better Quality"
"More Efficient"
"Better Performance"

But for the price, I do not know, as I do not know how much "The Other" motors" sell for.

I've been intrigued by his motors and his claims. I believe them to be true. I've been astounded by his high power ebike motors.

I will buy a 40' seacan's worth when I win this Fridays $60,000,000 Lotto Max and start up my own nationwide ebike store outlet.

I know its all subjective, and we all know there are better quality motors with better performance, quality, and efficiency for a lot more money. Hell for twice the price of the MXUS 4T I got, I can get a TC4080 with 11g phase wires and NSK Bearings. Yah, I can personally verify that the TC4080 is higher quality than the MXUS as I have split both my motors and compared them side by side. The TC4080 is also a pound lighter.

Not keen to get thicker axles, I want to keep my 12t rear sprockets with ~0.4mm to spare currently.
Twin halls = good.
I still think ~ 80v 80a is ok with the current phases.
I'm wondering what 0.1mm lams would get us....

Let the 8-10 kw hotrodders buy in an axle or a whole crown IMHO.

Back