Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Build Number 4 :)

We bought this FS bike for my son's 10 birthday 9 years ago. He now drives a VW Jetta diesel.
I asked him if I could ELECTRIFY his bicycle. He smiled and said: "Sure!"

FS Hoolagan Supercycle 26" Mountain bike
9C 2810 DD Hub Motor
89.6v nominal 28S1P Headway 38120HP with 0.25 T6 Aluminum busbars with stock Headway busbars stacked on top :)
C7225 Controller (running at 30amps)
CA-DP V2.23
Twist Throttle 1/2 length

This bike handles very well. Max speed so far is 40mph/64kph and can sustain 34mph/55kph up a grade with headwind :)
The Aluminum frame seems to have good rigidity with triangles in all the right spots and the rear swing arm is steel :)

7161058814_23ec20983a.jpg

Steel Swing Arm

7161054582_db7ee7655c.jpg

C7225 mounted up in the triple tree (triple clamp) for good cooling

7161062440_d29a343a29.jpg

7161060502_7c274f8d77.jpg

7161059698_08421c3a72_c.jpg

Dude, that Catrike is awesome! I got a Catrike too, but not electrified. Yours must be fun! Here's a project I'd been working on. My project probably doesn't count since it was electric to begin with, but I've added a few mods today that I thought I'd share with the group.

BEFORE: Sharper Image Razor mini foldable escooter
SharperImagebike6.jpg

AFTER: Mods include license plate, rear light, headlight, 24v to 36v system, SLA battery to LiFePo4 battery, variable throttle, bell, water bottle cage mount, folding handlebar mirror, handlebar LED light, and LED strip.
The lights are pure white, but for some reason the camera captures it with a blue hue.
IMG_0945.jpg

This is teh bike I'm using for the Fusin 1000W geared motor review/test.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39877

It started as just a Diamondback Coil FS frame from Mdd0127, with a simple rear spring shock (cant' remmeber what damping it has).
file.php

Plus an old needs-rebuild Manitou Skareb fork off a frankenbike I got for next to nothing a while back, which I've proposed various uses for but not actually used at all, until now.
file.php

This is the first pre-motor test ride configuration.
file.php

Then the first motorized variation.
file.php

Quickly filled out to "full kit" for commuting to work:
file.php

file.php

file.php

Note that the mirror folds for leaning against things:
file.php

file.php

Now the "real" motorcycle-class taillight and turn signals/markers are added, in a very quick and dirty job last night. Plus a temporarily-mounted car headlight, because the nicer-looking motorcycle one I'd intended to use was burned out. :( Plus changing to a 26" front so I can use the front rim brakes till I get the disc mount built, then can go to 24" again.
file.php

file.php

file.php

Still quite a ways to go, especially for polish, but I figure the first hundred miles are going to need a LOT of reconfiguration to get it where I want it, so no point in making it pretty yet.

I love that recumbent trike.. Great work !!

Nothing too cosmic, but I haven't seen any other Hoolies electrified.

HS3548
Lyen 12 fet
14s3p 15Ah Turnigy 20C
2x ebikes.ca torque arms
DB15 balancing plug

Currently running 45A Bat 110A phase. Bike is very wheelie prone if I don't use the 3 speed switch at low speeds. Tops at 62 kmh on the GPS.

Gets some crazy looks everywhere I go!

Attachments

• ebike.jpg
    ebike.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 5,009
SamTexas said:
Venus, that's a beautiful bike, especially the battery box. How did you make it?
+1 looks clean!

before.JPG002.JPG

Setup is: 2007 Intense M3 frame / 3mm box insert, Fox DHX5.0 shock / Ti spring, 888 RCV Bomber forks, drilled / sensored HT3525 / 10mm thick pinch bolt torque arms, 26" Sun Ringle MTX rims / 2.7" Maxxis Minion DH tyres, Hope M4 brakes, 203mm floating rotors, braided lines, 18fet Cell_man 4110 controller, 20s 10ah Nano lipo, CA / 70a limiting. Weight: 35kg

Paul :D

david shaft side small.jpgAfter

My shaft drive Biomega with an ezee motor and 36volt slab lipo on the back rack. Hardest bit was threading the wiring through the toptube. Built in the middle of nowhere on the Welsh borders UK

Well I've gone as far as I need until the end of riding season for everyone else. This fall she is going to get a Cargo Monster extension from Terra Cycle in Portland, OR http://www.t-cycle.com/CargoMonster.htm That will move the rear wheel back 18 in. and the battery can go on a platform between the chain stays. Which will allow me enough room and carrying capacity to go from 12s6p to a 18s6p battery. It will be a nice stable, fairly fast, reasonably good cargo carrier for touring.
7184961743_8beb23bc02_z.jpg

7184961761_108424cc4b_z.jpg

7184961745_a03a9eefdc_c.jpg

24 V, 300 W, planetary reduction of 14.4. It weights about 21 kg with the 12.5 Ah battery.

Where did you get that planetary reduction? Can you post a link please it would go handy with my upcoming BMC mid-drive build.

Before:
DH Norco A-Line Park Edition 2009:

a-line-park-edition%202009.jpg

After:
full%20aline%20bike%201.JPG

Battery pack weight : 23.4 lbs ([100.8V], 24S, 2P, 30C, 16Ah Lipo) [specific energy 130-200 Wh/kg]: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...lightmax_8000mAh_6S1P_30C_AUS_Warehouse_.html
Bike weight with battery pack : 96.4 lbs
Bike + driver ( me @ 175 lbs ): 271.4 lbs
Max speed according to CA : 88 kph ( 55 mph ) ( Controller is limited at 45 A )
Bike: Norco A Line 2009 Park Edition, Medium frame: http://www.norco.com/archives/2009/?id=48a31c94f3e4f
Motor : Crystalyte HS3540
Controller: Lyen 150V : http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18605
Run time : average is roughly 90min @ 35 kph (22 mph). Distance = 50km ( 31 miles )
Charge time : 3hours @ 1/2C ( limited by my power supply ). It will go down to 45min @ 2C once the new charger is built.
Charge cost : 0.20$ / 100km ( 60miles )
Average of 26 WH/km @ 35 kmh (22 mph)
Average of 35 WH/km @ 50 kmh (31 mph)

Just acquired a BikeE that's about to be electrified. Very comfortable, but I can't believe how not-used-to handling it I am at slow speed! Going fast it seems to be pretty stable though. This will be my year-round commuter for the Pacific Northwest. I'm considering a rear E-BikeKit geared kit. I like the E-BikeKits because they're connections seem to be pretty waterproof, and my E-Mongoose is a testament to that. Sadly, the Mongoose makes my rear end hurt (more-so than work) so it'll have to go. Will be on Craigslist/Ebay (local pickup) after the BikeE becomes the E-BikeE.

Attachments

• BikeE1.jpg
    BikeE1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 6,325
  • BikeE2.jpg
    BikeE2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 6,325
  • E-Mongoose1.jpg
    E-Mongoose1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 6,325
JoramsWeapon said:
Where did you get that planetary reduction? Can you post a link please it would go handy with my upcoming BMC mid-drive build.

I picked up the planetary sets from Matex (http://www.matexgears.com/). I made the housing myself. In the next couple of months I may make a few more if you're interested.
This is a 2-stage with 14.4:1 reduction. The ratios and torque limits can be adapted slightly based on Matex's selection. Off hand I can't remember what the input and output torque limits are but these values are on the Matex website.

Attachments

• gearbox, small.jpg
    gearbox, small.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 6,079
Suspect said:
I made the housing myself. In the next couple of months I may make a few more if you're interested.
This is a 2-stage with 14.4:1 reduction.
I have a pair of the ones used in the Currie drives, and have been looking at using them on the end of a small pancake radiator fan motor, runnign that at high speed, then to a chain or belt drive output into the bike's chain drive. I don't have a workable housing for htem yet, though, and yours would probably work perfectly (though I'd need to work out an attachment system to the motor housing).

If you decide to make more of them, let me know the cost--I'm sure it's out of my budget (or lack of one :lol:) but I figure it can't hurt to check. :)

Saiyan, love the norco build, going to be doing something very similar with a norco savage and a 80/100 rc motor next year.
regards Andy

Thanks mate, if i had to redo i though, id go with a cromotor. Since i built it for work and commuting and around, where i live is pretty flat ground. Im topping out just under 70kph on the ca. Wanted 80-90kph....... :)
All in all im very happy. Popping wheelies in 1st is just a treat i tells ya. :)

Cheerios....

Back