Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Two electric trikes eh? That blue one looks like an Expedition, unless you painted the Road's frame and swapped the rear wheel. Looks good. The hub motor doesn't look too bad back there. Bent trikes with fairings are pretty rare. Hope to see some more pics and videos from you soon.

kmxtornado said:
Two electric trikes eh? That blue one looks like an Expedition, unless you painted the Road's frame and swapped the rear wheel. Looks good. The hub motor doesn't look too bad back there. Bent trikes with fairings are pretty rare. Hope to see some more pics and videos from you soon.

Blue? something needs to be adjusted. It is very much a Purple Expedition. Even with the adapter plate from Utah Trikes for a 26 in. wheel, a Road has a different stance from an Expedition. Sort of like the difference between a Speed and 700. Speaking of Blue trikes and 700s,
4782708387_e5000cd05d_z.jpg

I have been thinking a C'lyte HS4080 might be the way to go on the Blue trike. I would take the XT fairing off and put a GX Windrap back on, for better aerodynamics. The rear Goblin fairing can hold a 72V 32Ah battery and controller but the CG would be too high. I could cut battery capacity by 50% and mount them and the controller the same way that Matt Schumaker did on his Black 700. Decisions, decisions, I really hate to cut the range down, with the distances I tend to travel, so the Blue 700 might stay the way she is for awhile.
Fairings aren't all that rare on Catrike Expeditions, Speeds and 700s, the other models tend not to use them though. Speeds and 700s usually go with the Windrap GX and the Expeditions tend towards the XT. The Catrike Space Age Neck Rests on all of my trikes and the Velomobile have been changed out for Krispysteve Neck Rests. The difference in riding comfort is amazing, they really allow you to go farther, faster in a lot more comfort.
I need to make a better camera mount. All of my videos shake so bad they make your teeth hurt to watch them. I have an old Oregon Scientific ATC9 and a Canon A590. They both take a couple of hours of 30 and 60 FPS video but my unsuspended trikes vibrate terribly on the piss poor roads we have to travel on. Since the Interstates got finished the secondary Hwys have received less then steller maintenance and the chipseal they put down can really make the trike vibrate. Mounting it on the Neckrest T so it is looking over my shoulder might be the way to go, as that is probably where the least vibration is.
Does anyone think that painting the hubbie to match the paint on the trike would look better or just leave well enough alone? Like an all nite diner I'm open to suggestions. 8)

TTFN

Maybe I'm cheating b/c it was electric to begin with. Regardless of that, it's gone through some mods and this is the latest pic from last week. The new mods since the last picture is the rear light, music speaker and relocated license plate. I also added the storage bin in the water bottle cage.

100_0263.JPG

And of course the glow kit. AKA cheap LED color changing light stand that I mounted upside down beneath the battery tray. The pic here also shows the rear light with integrated virtual bike lane projected by the laser. If you want one, just type in "laser bike light" or something like that in your ebay search. Works better on regular upright bicycles where the laser line is much longer since it's mounted higher up and gets the clearance that's otherwise limited by my tiny little thing of a bike.

LED strips can be bought from ebay too. $3.50 gets you the 9v battery holder and spend no more than that again on the lights. Double stick tape and you're done. More info on my blog in the sig.

IMG_1648.JPG

2 TRANSFORMATIONS

0590296253.jpg

Bike bought for $100

dsc02908e.jpg

Turned into a 66cc (45mph)
dsc02910v.jpg

dsc00180pq.jpg

and now an electric, thanks to Hyena

Here is my 450W, 24V ebike. I am using a Unite MY1018Z 450W geared motor in a mid drive. I am using the sprocket from a Cyclone electric bicycle kit. I made my own shaft adapter from the original sprocket that came with the Unite motor. I cruise around 16 - 17mph and the top speed was 28mph (downhill grade with wind to my back). I have 2 (soon to be 3) 22.2V 8000ah Zippy packs that will ultimately give me up to 30 miles of range. This was not a kit. I purchased everything separately online and made the motor mount out of scrap angle iron. I don't have a before pic, however here are some after pics.

Here's the link to the EVAlbum page: http://www.evalbum.com/4206

Here's the picture of the entire bike.
ebike1.jpg

This shows the motor attached to the cranks.
ebike2.jpg

Here is another view of the motor mount. The square bicycle tube made this an easy design.
ebike3.jpg

Here are my batteries. They are in an old popcorn pan.
ebike4.jpg

Here is my custom gear for the MY1018Z motor
ebike5.jpg

my recent built. i always thought about a black bike to make it easier hiding all the electric stuff, 2 days, 2 cans of matt black and some decals later - i really love it :mrgreen:
that KlickFix Mini bag is perfect for my 4,8Ah 14s3p Konion Pack and i have a 3,2 Ah 13s2p Konion pack in a small saddle bag so i can take both if i go on a long trip
top speed @ 57V with pedaling is ~52km/h
weight of the bike is 21kg. 23,4kg with the big battery pack and i´m considering using a smaller, lighter motor and a small 6 fet controller to get it down to ~19kg.

7114.png

Pedalex said:
my recent built. i always thought about a black bike to make it easier hiding all the electric stuff, 2 days, 2 cans of matt black and some decals later - i really love it :mrgreen:
that KlickFix Mini bag is perfect for my 4,8Ah 14s3p Konion Pack and i have a 3,2 Ah 13s2p Konion pack in a small saddle bag so i can take both if i go on a long trip
top speed @ 57V with pedaling is ~52km/h
weight of the bike is 21kg. 23,4kg with the big battery pack and i´m considering using a smaller, lighter motor and a small 6 fet controller to get it down to ~19kg.

7114.png

really nice build mate. really subtle, and very light for a dualy! makes me think ive gone the wrong way with my 50odd kg norko! (though, im guessing you've got about half the power). is that a mac? how does it hold up offroad, if thats what you do?

i guess NOT even half the power.
no problems offroad but if i keep that motor i will surely get another torque arm for the other side and for real offroad fun i`m using a lighter bike :D

15846062_large.jpg

i had a fast wound Puma V3 with steel gears that ran ~66 km/h - funny - but i didn´t really need that speed so i sold it. i really like to pedal so i mainly use the motor to accelerate faster, sometimes to overtake and to climb really steep hills where i can´t pedal only...as you might imagine with that single 42 teeth chainwheel at the front.
sometimes i use less than 1.5 Ah on a 45km trip and that´s why i´m considering a smaller motor like the Xingfeng - should be enough for me and with a diameter of 13cm it´d make the bike a lot stealthier

my 2012 project is on the road...

Attachments

• CAM_0125.jpg
    CAM_0125.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 7,396
  • CAM_0128.jpg
    CAM_0128.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 7,396
  • CAM_0130.jpg
    CAM_0130.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7,396
Finally, my BikeE is now the E-BikeE. BikeE + e-bikekit.com rear geared 20". 7 speed freewheel. 7th gear is 13 tooth, will probably swap out with a DNP Epoch with 11 teeth on lowest. Looking to boost up the crank teeth from 45 to as close to 60 as I can get. 36V 15AH ping battery.

16-17 mph without pedaling. Next battery will be 48V.

Old pics here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235&start=840#p597781

New pic here...

Attachments

• E-BikeE.JPG
    E-BikeE.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 7,271
This project started in January and has just reached the commute ready stage (not finished, but what ever is).

Before

DSC_7234.JPG

Now

DSC_5485.JPG

DSC_5448.JPG

Greyborg Warp CroMo Frame
Cromotor
18S4P 75V hot off charger 20 amp hour Lipo battery
dnm volcano forks with dual 160mm four pot Gatorbrakes
cloud 9 seat
24 FET Lyen controller
Topeak beam rack and trunk bag
ATS Schlumpf two speed cranks
Dicta 16T freewheel
Cycle Analyst V3beta
Magura throttle
17" moped rims, Gazelle 2.5 front and 3.0 rear tires

more details in build thread linked in my sig

Here's my before and after that I just finished - my first e-bike! Thanks so much to everyone on this forum. I spent almost two weeks reading over posts here and doing research before diving in.

The bike is a mid-2000s Gary Fisher. Rear wheel direct drive HS35 Crystallite kit with 35A controller (from ebikes.ca). Battery is a 48V 15AH ping inside of a west marine tackle box (thanks to the suggestion by a fellow forum member). Additional accessories include fenders, mirror, cell phone mount, small rechargeable iHome speaker for music, rear rack and a million or so zip ties. I'm still waiting on the Ping battery to arrive but other than that, it's done! Really excited to give it it's first ride.

BWGea.jpg

BbZELl.jpg

there was a post on this board I read a week or so ago from a guy that built the cleanest ebikes I have ever seen. Real art to it. I remember the bikes all had in common the fact that he built all his batteries into the water bottles. Can anyone post me a link to his bikes please? I want to see it again

THanks

michael.i@me.com said:
there was a post on this board I read a week or so ago from a guy that built the cleanest ebikes I have ever seen. Real art to it. I remember the bikes all had in common the fact that he built all his batteries into the water bottles. Can anyone post me a link to his bikes please? I want to see it again

Search function here for "water bottle battery" must be broken--do you mean this guy's builds:

Nader: my e-bikes
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19872

This was my bike Earth Day 2008. Gen 1 Fusin motor on a Mongoose Blackcomb frame. My first ride was that day and I never looked back...372.jpg
This is my bike now. 15,000 miles I have put on this bike since that day. It now has an X5 5304 with 25 Ah of LiFePo4. She has been my faithful companion and daily driver.
435.jpg

mark5 said:
michael.i@me.com said:

Search function here for "water bottle battery" must be broken--do you mean this guy's builds:

Nader: my e-bikes
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19872

Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

saiyan said:
update on my commute to work and home.
just installed my LED strips i got from hobby king. (very bright)
Nice work, is that brake light or just tail light?
Oh and do u get power from the battery?

Specs:
QQ-M93F-R 250W from elifebike
battery 8S8P Panasonic NCR18650A ~3.1kg = min. 16ah to 3.0V after 300 cycles xD
working amperage 17A

Back