• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

7 RC sensorless controllers running 1 very neat DIY motor.

I would think that either of those should work. A flyback transformer core would need most of the same characteristics that are desirable in a motor (high permeability, low conductivity, low hysteresis losses), so that material should be quite suitable. The tricky bit would be crushing it very, very finely so you don't end up with pockets of air or epoxy with no iron in the final product.

FEMM animations of axial flux generators..

http://www.thebackshed.com/Windmill/FORUM1/forum_posts.asp?TID=1458&PN=1&TPN=1

I'm not sure I understand exactly what it being shown on the thread but the FEMM animations of the magnetic flux lines are very cool.

Hopefully someone who knows more of this than I do can comment as to the usefulness or lack of such of these animations to what is being attempted here.

A page or three into the thread a halbach array is modeled, very interesting.

Mmmm. I'd like to see what happens when a wooden motor burns up. Should produce a lot more smoke then the metal ones. Cool.

This was/is such an interesting thread that Luke, Thud, and many others were sooo EXCITED about it at the time... Also, light weight potential w/DIY ease compared to other motor designs :!: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Did anyone follow-up & try to build one of these motors or do a similar design :?: :?: :?:

Did another thread or motor (RC infatuation) take 'this' place to do another "better" design :?:

Since solar vehicles run on these types of light weight motors, it seems this would be an excellent design to copy or improve upon :?:

This guy Axel was getting 49wh/km on a heavy motorcycle averaging 50kph topping out at about 120+kph.

Comments Thud, Luke, Bigmoose, Markobetti, ETC...

i have the book at home, real nice stuff. i asked on forum for a couple of times about this guy who made a book but as i see for some reson hes ignored as his projects.
I can say the book is nice, you can really make this motor by reading the book. i havent had a chance but in the near future i see that coming and combining the motor in one interesting way that i didnt see anywhere right now.
i can only say good stuff about a book

markobetti said:
i have the book at home, real nice stuff. i asked on forum for a couple of times about this guy who made a book but as i see for some reson hes ignored as his projects.
I can say the book is nice, you can really make this motor by reading the book. i havent had a chance but in the near future i see that coming and combining the motor in one interesting way that i didnt see anywhere right now.
i can only say good stuff about a book
Has anyone on ES duplicated or improved upon this type of motor design :?: :?: :?:

Why not :?:

Look at this video and see his specs... What's wrong with this kind of commuter performance @ 36v :?:
[youtube]8rY2VDB4Gw4[/youtube]

Lebowski said:
It looks pretty similar to my motor...

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=30061
Yes! :D Your DIY motor is EXTREMELY exciting to me. I hope you can document more about it on your thread noted above. Hopefully, your motor can become a DIY 'standard' for a handmade simple enough to build at home motor for DIY want-to-be w/motor builders. Thanks for noting your link on this thread, and may your motor be the next best step-up in this type of DIY design. 8)

(BURP)

Odd. So many ES "Big Brains" interested in this thread back in late 2009. 2010... late 2011. Then, about 3yrs. later? Nothing.

(Stumbled across this thread thinking turbine air props re current conversion.)

LockH said:
(BURP)

Odd. So many ES "Big Brains" interested in this thread back in late 2009. 2010... late 2011. Then, about 3yrs. later? Nothing.

(Stumbled across this thread thinking turbine air props re current conversion.)

There is so many thread like that unfortunatly... :(

Some just need a next reply to wake up again...

Doc

the thing that was exciting to see was the original video of the home built motor.....functioning....but nowhere near the reliability the originator needed.

In the last video, the motorcycle is running on a Kelly controller. & the motor has heating issues according to Axel.
he stripped most of his content to get rich selling plans for his motor designs.

I don't consider myself a "big brained" member, but I am slowly working on my axial motor as time provides....the multi rc-controller set up is a pipe dream (I have tested the concept twice with noting close to satisfactory results)

nothing to see here...move along.

Back