A full suspension Tadpole Trike (from Peshawar, Pakistan)

Wow...yikes..yeah missed that thread.

Nevermind looks like Naeem is set. :D

Really crazy..gives me faith in mankind and all that.

Still doesnt help its hard as hell to find descent bike components in pakistan at any price :) I think physics should have just sent him an agnes motor, a controller and some lipos. :)

But wow what a gesture...you guys are heroes.

I think Naeems build is BBC documentary worthy material.

extremegreenmachine said:
So their are some things you can learn from Pakistan's top scientist AQ Khan...he was the mad dog that not only got Pakistan the nuclear bomb, but also sold the technology, to North Korea, Iran, Libya (yes libya) and a mystery 4th customer...well the only quote i remember reading of him is "Pakistan is so engineering backwards it can't even build a proper bicycle" So if AQ Khan was right...Naeem does not have a good selection of components even off the shelf bicycle parts over there...especially combing junkyards...to build a descent bike. Naeem our friend is in a very difficult battle to scrap together a bike.

So what to do?

Do what AQ Khan did to bring the bomb to Pastian..if aq khan could build a thermal nuclear bomb, so can Naeem build a bomb of an electric trike...:

#1 Steal ebike secrets from across the world. Naemm is doing a good job posting here and gathering intelligence....but here we all share so dont worry Naemm we dont call that stealing...around here we believe in ebike prolification.

#2. Import the technology in. Aq Khan wasnt trying to build a factory full of centrifuges using pakistan components...he had stuff boxed up and sent to him from around the world to build his bomb factory.

I think its time we start sending some of our spare parts to Pakistan.

Naemm...what do you think of us shipping you boxes of bicyle parts to work with. Will your country post office stop the boxes from coming in? What if we mark "gift" on the box.

I know i can get some stuff together that you might find valuable including a helluva nice electric scooter motor i got right now...and some other various components that are just taking up space.

But first tell us if you would be able to accept gifts from your american friends, and will your country stop us from sending stuff in?

Naemm...can i try sending you some ebike stuff from america and see if it gets there? Do you think it will get there?

My Respected friends;

It gives me great pleasure and honour to be the part of this one big happy family on this web forum (ES) It almost feels like I know every one of you from ages. There is so much love and appreciation between every one of us. I am sure that no matter where ever we all are, no matter how far apart we are, we are one big happy family of e-bike builders. Though I am a man with very little knowledge but you all have accepted me as part of this family for which I am grateful and thankful for the rest of my life. When I said in my earlier post that I will leave the forum, I said it with a very heavy heart. Thanks to miles and every one of you who have given me hope and reason to go on. I have promised my Lord to never hurt a soul, I felt like I have broken that promise. It broke me into pieces because I have developed such a strong bond with all of you that I can't break it no matter what happens. I pray five times a day and never miss praying for all of you. May God bless you all.

About Dr. Abdul Qadir Khan; let me correct some of the facts that only we know but rest of the world is unaware of. He was a genius, captivated by different rulers including the president Parveez Musharraf and was forced to make the bomb and stuff like that. He was kept in a prison like situation where false statements were issued from his side by the dictators. He never meant to make a bomb or the sell the technology to others, rather he wanted to use the technology to produce massive source of energy as our country is in dire need of electric power. It was when I had done the job, he was no longer needed therefore, he was blamed for selling the technology to foreign countries. I don't know if he is alive now or dead in a dungeon. There is so much corruption in politics which roots deep every where. Some time my work also scares me so that I may not become the victim of any thing like that. There is going to be rivalry from companies of Patrol powered bikes mostly 70 cc bikes (Honda Atlus, Hero Honda, United, Zimco, etc.) but my machine is for lesser speed and lesser cost, therefore, I don't see I would find competition. Moreover, the patrol prices are enhancing day by day. With these facts I am sure I will establish a small scale business of electric bikes in days to come.

About the bike parts, what I understand I would need a scooter motor because there is nothing like this I can find here. The motor I have in my very low cost electric bike is about 360 to 400 watt. I am intending to use two of them so let us say a fair enough one motor would be better than using two with a lot of losses in chain coupling. Exactly the same goes for controller of the motor. There is no place here where I can find a controller, I would have to make one for any motor you send me. Therefore a motor without a controller will put me in another challenge. It is just that you would pay a lot of fees to make it reach to this farther part of the world.

All courier services reach here and people most of the time receive packages from all around the world (FedEx etc.) I would love to accept it as a gift from one brother to another in other part of the world. I have often denied such donations but a member has changed my perspective of looking at it from another angle. It is like helping me to help others. My model might become a pioneer for others to make such machines that will help poor people for transportation problem which is becoming very costly these days.

With much respect and kind regards
Naeem

Naeem,

Ok here is the motor i got...

It is very solid motor made for the Ego Scooter http://www.egovehicles.com/

It is a brushed motor and will require a controller for such.

In the ego scooter it runs a 130 pound scooter to 25mph at 24volts..if you needed more power you could crank it up to 36 volts.

company specifications at ego say this: 1.5kw (2.0 hp,) 4320W max, 24V Brushed

I know this motor and sold many ego vehicles...we never had one fail..and at 24v is very reliable...i think it will be good motor for you. It is very reliable...the ego scooter blew away 13 thousand dollar american electric opti bike in race...but thats another story. I doubt craig from opti is watching this thread so i can mention here.. :p

IT weighs 15lbs...but is compact in size and is very quiet. It will be expensive to ship because of its weight...but the advantage is i can put it in a bigger box and throw plenty of stuff in the box for naeem.

Is there anyone who could donate a appropriate brushed controller for me to throw in the box let me know....also a belt drive system of some kind...sprockets etc....oh oh and a throttle...one of the cool twist grip kinds...or even a thumb throttle. You guys can ship to my house in SF or bring to the hill climb. Matt if you got a sprocket or something to donate send it with my order.

Sorry i missed the cash donation...this will make up...but i think for an ebike fanatic in pakistan...spare parts is more valuable than spare cash!!!

Naeem dont feel guilt about accepting...because this motor i would have never used...and it gives me great pleasure to see it bring joy to such a nice person all the way around the world. I will smile brightly when i see your bike busting through the streets of pakistan...and i will tell all my friends proudly that Naeem's bike has a motor i gave him in it!

Naeem let me give you words of warning. Do not accept a motor from live4physics if he offers. Live4physics is very nice brother...but he is very crazy. And if you accept a motor from him you could end up killed, crippled, or in jail. What i am offering is a very nice motor that will suit your needs perfectly.

Naeem message me your address...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,195
Hey guys...to recap i need a few small items to throw in the box to Naeem.

A 24v brushed controller...

A throttle...

Maybe A small sprocket for the end of the motor like on the ego vehicle for that motor....i can take a picture of the sprocket if you guys want. I was thinking belt drive like the ego vehicle...but perhaps Naeem will just use chain sprocket anyway.

Naeem anything else?

How about some m@ms and some american whiskey?

I will be able to ship this motor in a much bigger box because of its weight without incurring much more shipping charge and dont see any reason why i cant fill it with bike parts.

Naeem please define a parts list of items you really need...lightweight items please. (no lead acid batteries)

Hello guys;

Due to my official engagements and an official tour with colleagues I was away from my family in ES and I missed being here my self. It really is a matter of enormous pleasure and indeed a great honour to know that you people have so much love to share with me in the form parts and things and incredible amount of precious knowledge that every one of you share with me time to time in the form of comments I am greatly impressed by all of you. I am sure that we all will create a great example for the rest of the world the way we help each other in our projects. At least we are playing our part to do good to humanity.

Before my official engagements I have take some detailed pictures of the rear wheel and gear assembly I would like to share with all of you.

The wheel was not balanced and it was done by one of the mechanic at the cost of Rs. 70/- while the tire seemed OK but the tube was full of holes. I got a second hand tube for RS. 100/-. When I came home and looked at the tire carefully I found a big cut (see the pics) so it is imperative for me to change the tire.

Just to guess how the tike will look like I put everything in line (see the pic) it looks good. I am desperate to see it running but my official work keeps me from it. There has been change in the leadership of my office as well and the new Director has issues with me so I have to bear with him for his ruthless behaviour.

About the part list, I have found a great opportunity of buying batteries (SLAs) there was this great deal of 12V 12Ah batteries for Rs. 1450/- each. So, I bought about 10 of them (post the pics later on) for 14,500/-. I must mention that I have bought these for my very low cost electric bike for Rs. 1600/- each, few years back. It was just that this time they came in abundance and they had to get rid of the stock so call it my good luck. Please note that without the earlier financial help of you people I could only dream of making such a project. A very big thanks to you all.

About the motor; I have in my very low cost electric bike which makes it run on speed of about 50 km/hr without paddling, with paddling it goes beyond 60 km/hr. What could be the power of my Motor? The motor you have shown my brother (extremegreenmachine) is a very beautiful one but due to weight it would take big bucks to make it reach here. It has been a big constraint for me to import things from abroad by paying the money through banks to online companies as Govt. has imposed restrictions on such transactions due to terrorism. I remember a company in China from which I wanted to import a BLDC motor of 2.5 kw but I was unable to pay them the money. It is easy for me to receive parts in the form of boxes there is no restrictions.

I have no problem making the desirable parts I want, like gears chains pulleys etc. It is only that I can’t find is a suitable motor and a controller for the same. These are the only two things I can’t locate here.

P.S: as I mentioned earlier that I used to sing in a radio station over here long ago so I had a little exposure to the music field. This time on a tour with our colleagues one of them brought an instrument called as rabab (just like guitar) He was quite good at it. In order to make the programme more attractive I arranged for some things available to produce drumming rhythm with it, which worked surprisingly well. I shall post the video later on, I am sure you all will love it.

Respectfully Yours
M.Naeem Zahid

Attachments

• Img00019.jpg
    Img00019.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,144
  • Img00020.jpg
    Img00020.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,147
  • Img00021.jpg
    Img00021.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,147
  • Img00022.jpg
    Img00022.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,147
  • Img00023.jpg
    Img00023.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,147
  • Img00024.jpg
    Img00024.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,147
  • Img00028.jpg
    Img00028.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,144
numberonebikeslover said:
extremegreenmachine said:
Wow...yikes..yeah missed that thread.

Nevermind looks like Naeem is set. :D

Really crazy..gives me faith in mankind and all that.

What about WOMEN KIND? :lol:

Naeem, you are a great example of someone who truly understands your religion and respect women :D . I think western world needs such examples not to fall into simplistic thinking that Islam is a bad religion. [many do now, unfortunately].
Unfortunately i also missed this thread - great gesture that breaks any boundaries between people!!! All religions are good if people are good ;)
but nevertheless, good luck with your build! Impressive stuff!

All the best.

wojtek said:
Naeem, you are a great example of someone who truly understands your religion and respect women :D . I think western world needs such examples not to fall into simplistic thinking that Islam is a bad religion. [many do now, unfortunately].
Unfortunately i also missed this thread - great gesture that breaks any boundaries between people!!! All religions are good if people are good ;)
but nevertheless, good luck with your build! Impressive stuff!
All the best.
Thanks for your kind words. We can make the earth a very beautiful place to live. My dad always said to me; 'be the part of the solution, not problem'. Let us join hands to feed the hungry, cure the disease, heal the wounds and help us fight against terrorism.
Yours Respectfully; Naeem

Excellent work Naeem!

I was waiting time ago for your announced build, but somehow missed it, just found it yesterday. You do not stop to be one inspiration for me. I live in a destination, where is difficult to get right materials and parts, but from your posts (starting at your bike and now your awesome trike) I understood it is nothing compared to difficulties you face and solve everyday.

Thank you for being there and showing how to do something and everything from nothing!
Hope everything is Ok, cause you posted more then 1 months ago.

Dear All;

I am sorry for being absent but I lost my job due to termination of my job contract. I was in search of job, therefore, I couldn't come online. In my country there is so much labour exploitation and finding a good job is unbelievably difficult. I have found another job but it pays less.

I hope everyone understands what I am going through. please forgive me for being absent this long.

Moreover, My low cost electric bike was being messed up by the school kids in my old office. I don't know what they did with it. When i came back it was smoking. the motor is fried controller; smoking wires melt. My God I can't believe it. It was such a shook. But I built it once I will build it again.

wish me luck guys.

Respectfully
Naem

:shock: :( That's awful...I am not sure what I would do if that happened to mine. :(

The motor is fried, too? Or just the controller? Seems like they'd have to be holding it in place (holding the brake, maybe?) and then use the throttle, to do that kind of damage, if it's the motor, too.

(The worst that has happened so far is that (today, actually) someone turned on the turn signal and left it running while I was inside work; I'd forgotten to disconnect the 12V lighting pack before going inside, so when I came out seven hours later it was blinking away, slower than usual, but I don't knwo for how long).

amberwolf said:
:shock: :( That's awful...I am not sure what I would do if that happened to mine. :(

The motor is fried, too? Or just the controller? Seems like they'd have to be holding it in place (holding the brake, maybe?) and then use the throttle, to do that kind of damage, if it's the motor, too.

What I presume from the incident; the real wheel was locked, the main switch was off and it needs proper key to turn on. I think they directly connected the motor to the batteries with a wire. Motor and controller both are fried. A worker was fixing the garden he saw few students holding a wire and doing something. He saw that there was a bang and fire then lot of smoke and smell. Any way I have already rewind the motor and incorporated more wire. Last time it was having 30 turns per coils of 24 No. SWG wire (12 coils) this time 35 turns. It was very much difficult to incorporate more wire than before and I am sure there is no more room left for more wire. This will increase the efficiency of the motor for sure. Now I will look for controller and see what has happened to it.

It was all a great mental shock. It almost felt like I was a kid and have broken my toy. It was totally devastating. I couldn't eat or sleep for few days.

Thanks for every world of moral support.

Respectfully
Naeem

Dear all;

Due to lower back (lumbar region) pain I am restricted to do heavy work therefore, still my project is in the pipeline hoping to get well soon. I'm burning with so many ideas to go on but strict advise of the doctor doesn't permit me for heavy work. I did some work lately on my alternator project but the pains got worst and I was restricted to bed for few days but now it is better and I can walk to the bathroom without support.

Naeem

how are you doing Naeem? sorry to hear about your back problem. Same here :(

wojtek said:
how are you doing Naeem? sorry to hear about your back problem. Same here :(

Thanks for asking, it is not getting better no matter what way of medication I apply. Doctors say that there is nothing wrong with it just muscular weakness. Bu I barely can sit for 30 minutes then after that my back gets so tired that I have lay down to rest. I am managing office with a lot of difficulty.

I look at my incomplete projects and cry for being so helpless because it has been a lot of time now. It gets better with injections and tables but after the effect wears off it comes back again.

sincerely
Naeem

this morning i woke up and couldn't stand up. the back muscles were not able to hold my body at all, and i wasnt even able to go few meters to bathroom to take painkillers. Terrible experience, some sort of heavy muscles sprain. The pain was so big, it almost made me throw up...

not mentioning my problem with 2 discs dehydrated... Also had injections to the spine to prevent inflamation and all

so yes i feel you bro!

wojtek said:
this morning i woke up and couldn't stand up. the back muscles were not able to hold my body at all, and i wasnt even able to go few meters to bathroom to take painkillers. Terrible experience, some sort of heavy muscles sprain. The pain was so big, it almost made me throw up...

not mentioning my problem with 2 discs dehydrated... Also had injections to the spine to prevent inflamation and all

so yes i feel you bro!
I know this is off topic, but I have had the same thing with my back and, at least in my situation, I found a solution;

Bear in mind, this was the solution for my particular back problem (which was weak muscles). It may or may not be the problem you men are experiencing........

Anyway, in my situation, I was diagnosed with a condition where my upper most vertebra (the Atlas) was shifted to one side and tilted. This put pressure on my brain stem and made the muscles in my lower back cramp and weaken over time. I had a number of very specific X-rays done by a local specialist who, then, calculated the angle to press on my Atlas and straighten it. The whole proceedure was completely pain free and, ultimately, cured my lower back. Apparently, there is no neck pain associated with this. In men nearly 100% of the time, it shows up as lower pack pain. It can also show up as migrain headaches, poor circulation, high blood pressure and other things. But, lower back pain is almost always present. For me, the pain was unbearable and kept me from working for a time. This doctor cured my underlying problem and allowed me to exercise to build the muscle tone back up.

If you want to look into this, the treatment was dicovered and refined by the NUCCA organization. They are technically chiropractors. However, not the the normal sense. There is no back cracking or guesswork what-so-ever. The only thing they do is extremely accurate measurement of the Atlas and very gentle realignment of it.

I do not know if there are any of these doctors in your countries. But, here in the states, they are common.

I am normally not a fan of chiropractors, but as I said, these specialists are completely different. They just happen to be catagorized as chiropractors because their proffession and correction technique is non invasive related to the spine.

Matt

Not sure about how long ago recumpence had his problem. I have had a ruptured Disc. X-ray showed a "pencil eraser" type lump, sticking out one side of a disc in my lower back. I saw a Chiropractor, and, when he had the X-rays in hand, he started to manipulate my back to take away the pressure. After 30 days of doing NOTHING, work wise, I was back to building our house, laying cement block foundation. I have not had a problem since, and, while I was in for treatment, he also "adjusted" my neck. He took both hands around my neck, as I lay face down on the table, and worked one hand in the opposite direction of the other, wringing my neck, so to speak. I never felt better. Guy was amazing.

Problem is, another one may not be any good.

I would certainly check into Matt's info. I believe in Chiropractors, IF you find a good one.

Good luck to both of you.

thank You for sharing!
will check it out

My respectable friends;

It is such an unfortunate that my back MRI report shows a minor central disc bulge in the L5 S1 region. In the summer it was OK but as the weather is getting cold it is bothering me again. Surgery is one option but there is so much risk involved. These discs have the tendency to heal their selves but proper exercise is a must along with balanced diet. Till now I am not doing any thing that can stress my back. Doctor has explained me the correct postures while sitting and getting up of a chair, walking and laying down and etc.

It all happened due to my incorrect working posture sitting on the ground on my feet. This position kept a constant pressure on the said region and at last it couldn’t bear it any more.

I found it the hard way that health is great wealth

Although I took the time to do some repair in the controller of my recumbent bike which was not a heavy task.

Regarding my tadpole trike I must mention here that I put a small stool in between the two front wheel to imagine who would it feel. I came across one fact that the distance is so less that I can’t have a regular steering system like we have in the forums. There is no room to steer in such narrow situation. So, it is another challenge for me but I will think of another way as I am like this always.

I have also ordered to make a work bench in order to keep my back relax. But there is not enough room, therefore, the workbench is small and I can’t keep my entire bike or trike to work on it. For any work on these projects I need to sit on the ground and work which stresses my back tremendously which I can’t afford.

I wish things get back to normal soon and I complete my trike as soon as possible up and running. I know that will happen one day but can’t wait for that. I can close my eyes and imagine it at times.

Bye for now.
Naeem

Don't rush into surgery. If your report reads like ours in the US, it appears that you can be helped with what we call "core muscle strengthening" This would be back exercises that strengthen the core of muscles around the spine to take some of the load off of the vertebrae and discs.

As a guy that has fought back problems for 45 years, we have good months and bad weeks. It clears up, then we are flat on the floor for a week... oftentimes we never know what triggered the flare up.

Take care our eBikeing friend!

A friend of mine who is an MBBS said that in your condition never go for surgery no matter what. There is a big risk involved and you will do fine for only you have to be careful for the rest of your life not to stress out the weak spot of your virtiberal column. The correct posture and daily exercise will self heal it and will improve unless you strain it again and reach to the point where you started long ago.

Thanks for sharing you views.

Started a new thread you might check it out http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43118
Naeem

It is great to see you back. I'm sorry to hear of your back problems. I'm am pretty blessed on that front, but my wife has suffered terribly. I like your doctor's advice to work on posture, exercise, etc., and that you are taking it. Surgery can really help, but it is a toss of the dice and can go very badly. I'm glad you are working at other options first. I hope you efforts are rewarded. You are a very thoughtful and observant type. Those skills will serve you well in trying to let your back get into better balance.

This is intended as humor, but here some therapists use mild electo-shock (not to the brain!) to stimulate muscles. It can also be used to confuse the nervous system to quit sending strong pain signals (this is usually done with implanted devices). The humor part was thinking of you building a "low cost medical device". Please don't do this, I'm only joking. Hopefully you can laugh without serious pain.

Best regards,

John

Back