Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Doctorbass said:
Thnaks for your solution, However It is already set to YES.. the problem i have is: If i set it to charge mode, it is OK but when i want to terminate or exit the cahrge mode it just wont work.. It is indicated PRESS down arrow to STOP charging but it does not work... !
Doc

same here (fw RC9d). charging only can be stopped by pulling the connector. a bit strance because the other buttons work.
also from what i know we should never touch the throttle or ebrake during charge because this could damage the controller.

Adaptto, when will you offer new firmware? after such long time a FINAL without bugs would be great, not BETA :)

thats an awesome shot of an even more awesome looking bike!

love the moto seat and pegs. looks much better than the mtb seat on a phasor.

does the max-e suffer less from overheating? on my mini, even a few blocks from home my mosfet temps are 65-68 and it seems to rob a bit of power from the bike (bike seems to bog down)

this is putting about 2000w through the bike. very slight incline.

are there settings i can play with to try and optimize my setup so my controller doesnt heat up as much? its mounted externally (granted not in direct airflow but not in the frame)

worried if i step up to max-e its just going to get worse.

is there more heat generated if my autodetect isnt good?

im just surprised i seem to be 40-48kph with my settings pretty much maxed. on my mini-e. this is a cromotor with a 83v charged battery 20s

55amp
140phase amp
ovs set to 3

madin88 said:
Doctorbass said:
Thnaks for your solution, However It is already set to YES.. the problem i have is: If i set it to charge mode, it is OK but when i want to terminate or exit the cahrge mode it just wont work.. It is indicated PRESS down arrow to STOP charging but it does not work... !
Doc

same here (fw RC9d). charging only can be stopped by pulling the connector. a bit strance because the other buttons work.
also from what i know we should never touch the throttle or ebrake during charge because this could damage the controller.

Adaptto, when will you offer new firmware? after such long time a FINAL without bugs would be great, not BETA :)

I have seen this same issue twice myself. I think the last time I went into the settings turned off the charger, saved it then went back and then did the down arrow to stop charging and it worked. Glad it's not just me.

Wingsuit I know somewhere in this thread there are some instructions to fine tune the type of issues your experiencing.

I have been meaning to do that myself just have not found them again. I think Allex is the one who posted it.

I do know my maxe has never had an issue with it getting warm pushing 8k thru it. It's only the motor itself I have seen get warm.

ridethelightning said:
AH! thanks guys! i certainly haddnt thought of that. it never occurred to me that i might need to autodetect again after changing voltage.

that might explain why i was still getting high temps even with a half drained pack, which would have been like 20s just under full charge..

ill try tomorrow and report :)

ok so problem fixed! ran auto detect a couple times and getting much lower temps for motor and fets now

:D thanks!

after playing with some settings and running another autodetect the top speed seems much higher, but i still have to test under load (on the stand the speeds are higher, but havent had a chance to get outside yet) motor seems much snappier, hoping this will have put a bit more juice into the ride.

stuck at work so will have to try when i get home.

For me, the top speed went to 104kmh to 116kmh on flat with 22s and 24" 5403 and playing with the PWR timing ! Also i noticed that the peak power recorded shifted from10.5kW and 130Abatt to 12.5kW and 155Abatt still on locked firmware. This PWR timing really help keeping acceleration at very high speed.. just like the OVS does but i guess it's on a different way.. maybe the algorith is similar? i've ran the autodetect only on time but i finetuned everything manually after that.

Doc

yeah on the bench mine went from 80kph to 112kph, so a pretty big increase. I'll play with the pwr timing and see what that does. what was your method for tweaking it?

wingsuit said:
yeah on the bench mine went from 80kph to 112kph, so a pretty big increase. I'll play with the pwr timing and see what that does. what was your method for tweaking it?

Yea I have been wondering the same thing. Wish it was detailed a bit better somewhere without having to read a long thread.

Like in the adappto guide would be my thoughts.

ohzee said:
wingsuit said:

Yea I have been wondering the same thing. Wish it was detailed a bit better somewhere without having to read a long thread.

Like in the adappto guide would be my thoughts.

See the pages 22 to 25 for manual tunning on the controllers manual

I'm having a problem where I can't exit charge mode on my Max-E. With my Mini-E I just hit down to exit after turning off the power supply but my Max-E stays in charge mode. The down button works in other screens, just not to exit charge mode when I'm done charging. I can disconnect power after charging and it comes back just fine but there has to be a more elegant solution that I'm missing.

This may have been asked before but I couldn't find anything when I searched.

GiantEV said:
I'm having a problem where I can't exit charge mode on my Max-E. With my Mini-E I just hit down to exit after turning off the power supply but my Max-E stays in charge mode. The down button works in other screens, just not to exit charge mode when I'm done charging. I can disconnect power after charging and it comes back just fine but there has to be a more elegant solution that I'm missing.

maybe this can help: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&p=1049729#p1049449

Something happened to me while I was riding my bike with Adaptto with the PAS option. I fell of the bike, because the hub did not shut down while pressing the brake lever :|

In short:
- HUB shuts off: Brake is pressed BEFORE pedalling.
- HUB does NOT shut off: Brake is pressed while/ pedalling
- When using the throttle: No braking problems at all

So I want to address the people from Adaptto (I hope that they are viewing this thread frequently), this is a dangerous situation.

So everybody with a PAS option: this is really important!
On firmware RC9F.

striker54 said:
GiantEV said:

maybe this can help: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&p=1049729#p1049449

Thanks, striker. It looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. I remembered that you could disable charging through the menu so that's what I did. I also have the on/off switch on my Max-E, so that should work as well, but I won't know until I wire in a switch (on/off wires come from Adaptto connected).

Doctorbass said:
For me, the top speed went to 104kmh to 116kmh on flat with 22s and 24" 5403 and playing with the PWR timing ! Also i noticed that the peak power recorded shifted from10.5kW and 130Abatt to 12.5kW and 155Abatt still on locked firmware. This PWR timing really help keeping acceleration at very high speed.. just like the OVS does but i guess it's on a different way.. maybe the algorith is similar? i've ran the autodetect only on time but i finetuned everything manually after that.

Doc
Now I'm kinda new to Adaptto controller and even E-bikes... It was about this time last year I bought an Electric Rider kit and (I definitely wouldn't claim "built", more like read the instructions) assembled my first e-bike. I'm gathering parts getting ready for my 4th one now, NYX Frame w/Ohlins coil shock, Foe's F-1 front pogo and of course Max-E.... So take this for what it's worth to you... I will mention 30+ years of MX and Enduro(AA Rider).
I tried the way Doc and other WAY more knowledgeable guy's seem to agree upon, do one Autodetect and fine-tune after that. Seemed like a good method, if you knew WTH the individual settings did or even meant and whether to raise one and lower 3 others...... then I tried little tweaks on one setting and a bunch of other things but 2 steps up and 4 steps back is all that kept happening!?!? Oh,and I broke the bottom display mounts when I ripped the display off the handlebars out of frustration.....

So, today concrete pour got rained out and I tried PT's "Go for What You Know" method. Since I didn't know much and AutoDetect knew a lot, I figured I'd fine tune first, then run Autodetect and learn what the individual settings did. So I'd always set the "Angle Corr" back to 0 (the manual says it's best close to zero) and experiment with different "Power Timing", values since Autodetect doesn't change this value. Also, would lower the "Wire R Ohm's" and try different "Ind Timing" values before starting the Autodetect cycle. I could hear what settings made the motor smoother and faster or rougher and slower. Then I was able to let AutoDetect dial the motor in depending what settings I used at the start of the cycle. After about 15 -20 Autodetect cycles, I increased my unloaded speed on my Mini-E, 20S9P LiM, Clyte 40110 from 53 mph to 88 mph. Motor accelerates much faster and runs silent and smooth!

So, if your not an electronic genius, like me, I think this "backing in" method may help you understand the effects one setting has on another and where their relationships should be....

Boestin said:
Something happened to me while I was riding my bike with Adaptto with the PAS option. I fell of the bike, because the hub did not shut down while pressing the brake lever :|

In short:
- HUB shuts off: Brake is pressed BEFORE pedalling.
- HUB does NOT shut off: Brake is pressed while/ pedalling
- When using the throttle: No braking problems at all

So I want to address the people from Adaptto (I hope that they are viewing this thread frequently), this is a dangerous situation.

So everybody with a PAS option: this is really important!
On firmware RC9F.

Dear Boestin,

I am sorry to hear that you've fallen of the bike. Hope everything is fine with you.

Next week we will lauch the new beta-firmware fixing the problem with brakes while pedalling with PAS feature.

All the best!

Adaptto E-Drives Lab said:
Next week we will lauch the new beta-firmware fixing the problem with brakes while pedalling with PAS feature.

All the best!
Hello Oleg,
If the speedometer bug that occurs when middrive with integrated gear hub also fixed in this update?

Would anyone know if any KTY83 temp sensor will work with the adaptto?

I've notice the KTY83 sensors come in different versions like this. I believe they have slightly different resistances at certain temps.

KTY83/110
KTY83/121
KTY83/151

Does anyone know which one will work best with the Max-E. Thanks.

Here is the data sheet that lists the specs of the different KTY temps.
http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/KTY83_SER.pdf

EDIT: actually figured it out, would help if I look more closely at the temp sensor they sent me. It says KT83A on the temp sensor so that is a KTY83/110 sensor.

GiantEV said:

I know that other people are able to leave charge mode by just pressing down, I was never able to. The way I do it is hit the left button (to go to the charge screen), then press down button, then hit the exit button the button with the arrow on it. This allows me to exit charge mode without having to go through setup into charge settings or disconnect power completely.

Let me know if it works for you.

Adaptto E-Drives Lab said:
Dear Boestin,

I am sorry to hear that you've fallen of the bike. Hope everything is fine with you.

All the best!

Everything is OK, thanks for asking :) and great to hear that another firmware is about to get released. About the incident: I was pedalling really slow when it happened and was just surprised that the bike actually took off when the brake was pressed.

Anyway, here is a workaround to partially make the brakes work: I forgot what its named, but the option when the throttle has to be turned off completely when the brake is used before you can use the throttle again helps. But the power is to " instant" when the brake lever is released, it has to be smoother if you know what i mean.
Also I opt for a PAS option in the menu where you can do the following:

- Usually there is action happening in the HUB after 3 complete twists from the bracketarm (if you know what I mean). It's nice if this is in the menu.
- change the smoothness of PAS.
- at this moment the PAS works when you pedal forward and backwards. I am not used to it. There should be an option to change the direction, like both or forward and backwards
- add PAS to power profiles Normal and Boost :eek:
- PAS is only activated when speed is x or higher.

I have two mini-e's atm and I can do some tests for you guys, with alpha or pre-beta releases.

Keep up the good work!

Got 14.8kW repeak recorded todat with locked and RC9F firmware.

I just played with the Traction setting and LS current limit. Look like this setting overide the Profile max current.

I waw 180A burst while i felt insane acceleration.

I should rename my NYX built thread to: NYX goes 14.8kW.. hey hey... Allex! :p

Doc

Attachments

• 20150523_150407 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150523_150407 (Personnalisé).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,481
  • 20150523_150512 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150523_150512 (Personnalisé).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,481
Back