AmpedBikes a good choice?

i have alot of popo problems around here
36 v would solve most of them
but i love my amped rear geared ebike at 48v (57.8 hoc)
18-19 mph vs 23-24 and more
many miles and smiles
over a year and hundreds of recharges
other than a few flats its been perfect
totally recomendable company
i was scared to lend out my ebike at first
i was worried that they might break it
so many ppl are turned off at the cost of bats
they need to just understand that bats are a one time cost
and if you get the right size for your use
they might last years

justadad1957 said:
many ppl are turned off at the cost of bats
they need to just understand that bats are a one time cost
and if you get the right size for your use
they might last years
Check out the thread on Homemade Battery Packs.
Homemade Battery Packs

Oops! Price of AmpedBikes kits, just went up by $30.

DrkAngel said:

Supply and demand. :wink:
I keep hearing of a lot of ebike parts suppliers being friggin' swamped right now.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ebike

ebiketrend.gif

WOW. I'd love to be an electric bicycle retailer right now :mrgreen:

DrkAngel said:

Yes, they did increase prices. They also now include a torque arm, plastic zip ties, and stainless zip ties with the kits so the price increase is next to nothing.

I think their torque arm design is the best out there.

Oh, and they are shipping 500% of their normal capacity so demand is REALLY up this year.

Heck, I'd pay an extra $50 for the level of support I received before and after the sale. They answered my pre-sales emails in under 24 hours, usually less than 4. They answered my phone call in two rings, when I needed to do a non-standard torque arm installation due to a bike design issue. Yes a real human was at the end of the phone talking to me.

I've had nothing but good experiences with my two amped bike conversion kits. I suggest you contact Doug Daut at Electric Bike Kit Solutions (http://www.gocarlite.com) as an AMPEDBIKE dealer. He has been very good in working with my questions and supplying my orders in a timely fashion. Their kits are about as easy as a conversion gets. Doug's prices on batteries, etc, are also very friendly.

wdwrkr51

stanz said:
They answered my phone call in two rings, when I needed to do a non-standard torque arm installation due to a bike design issue. Yes a real human was at the end of the phone talking to me.

That's cool as hell.

Having not yet received my kit from them yet (they tell me I'm finally at the top of the waitlist for the Lithium tube batteries and my kit should be shipping by the end of this week) I've been quite pleased thus far just from the customer service and level of communication. Danny and Bud both seem to be good and knowledgeable folks who are very helpful both on the phone and by email.

Relative to a lot of the hot-rod builds around here, their kits aren't terribly flashy, but they're well priced and seem to be thoughtfully put together. There's a lot to be said for a complete, single-source turnkey vendor, who offers a warranty. Hopefully I'll be posting a build review within a week or two.

Joe Perez said:
Having not yet received my kit from them yet (they tell me I'm finally at the top of the waitlist for the Lithium tube batteries and my kit should be shipping by the end of this week)

They had to switch suppliers due to the earthquake in Japan plus the demand is high for kits.

stanz said:
They had to switch suppliers due to the earthquake in Japan plus the demand is high for kits.
Yeah, they've done a reasonable job of keeping us "in the loop" regarding the delays and status updates. Didn't mean for that to sound like a smear against Amped- at Harris, we've been having some really odd materials shortages as a result of the situation in Japan, despite the fact that none of our parts actually come from Japan. (In particular, it seems that darn near every FPGA manufactured by Xilinx is manufactured using one particular bonding agent which is made by one particular plant in... you guessed it: Sendai.)

Panasonic and it's parent company produced a combined 26% of the world's supply of Lithium batteries, most were produced in Japan.

They recently announced plans to build a new factory in China to replace lost capacity. I assume this means that Lithium battery prices may see a short term increase until the Japanese plants come back on line, at least the ones that can.

My wife works for a Toyota dealership, they normally check in 20-40 new cars a month ... last week she checked in 2. The pipeline is drying up. The plants in Japan have been at 1/2 capacity for months, no time frame for when they will go back to full capacity. Most Toyotas for the US market are assembled in North America but many parts come from Japan. Heck, even Ford had to stop painting trucks a certain color black because the paint came from Japan.

It's a small world after all.
[youtube]IqhlPxR9nHY[/youtube]

Back