Another full suspension build

thundercamel said:
As for those file transfers, the large files like your screenshot of a video file will transfer quickly, about 100 MB/s. The groups of small files such as images take a lot longer. In my head, it has to start a new file, fill it with data, close the file, update the MFT or table of contents for each little file.

Agreed
I ended up zipping the whole thing, then moving the zip file.

Worked well
Much better than trying to run the external drive as "mounted"

I trust 7zip
They (along with others) have been in the community a veeeery long time. I was using 7zip to build Self Extracting Executables way over a decade ago.

-methods

methods said:
yea - That is my original pic.
Laundromat in Washington
A goat in a cast with a diaper.

... I like Washington *

-methods

You should have zoomed out to include the "No diaper, No Service" sign. :lol:

E-HP said:
I remember when the kids were little, dropping off one of my daughters for a play date. LOL, the dad had a little dog, wearing a diaper. I know he had to make a special purchase, since they were for pre-me babies, so tiny. :shock:
Seemed like the opposite of potty training. :lol: Like he'd given up. :roll:

Chickens make good pets, once you give up on them being incontinent.

Chalo said:
Chickens make good pets, once you give up on them being incontinent.

I had a pet chicken when I was 4 or 5. Got a little chick as a prize at the county fair, sort of like they give away goldfish; raised it until it was an adult. Turned out to be a rooster, and a mean one at that. It would peck your eyeballs out if you weren't careful. It also started crowing at all hours. My dad ended up giving it away to some guy.
I saw the guy a week or so later, and asked how my pet chicken was doing. He said it tasted really good. :shock:

Moral of the story: One person's pet is another person's dinner. I guess the 4-H Club kids learn to expect that. :lol:

Waking up over here.
Been staying up late.

When I was a teenager we had 3 dogs, a couple cats, and Mike Chicken (coming in and out of the house at will).

Mike Chicken liked grapes, and he did crap all over the place. I remember him being pretty nice (for a chicken)

A couple decades later we started raising chickens again. This time from eggs. A simple motor driven rocking device, Styrofoam cooler with a heating element, thermal switch, and fan. Likely the fan stayed on 100% of the time and the heating element cycled ... or ... the heating element could stay on 100% of the time and the fan could cycle. Eh... heating element was a standard extruded aluminum power resistor. ... fan was brushless IIRC, not AC (not sure).

Eggs came from some specialty cottage industry place.

One did not hatch well and we had to cull it. Don't try CO2 unless you can make a lot of it fast, and still not then. The sound of an animal suffering is not what you want to hear, ever. When I was taught to hunt by my great uncle, more emphasis was placed on the fast kill than gun safety. You got to kill them fast if you are going to do it (sigh). ....

Another chicken got tore up by a bobcat, wife then had to sew it back up. ... Thing kept laying after that. ... er... so... as far as stitching people and animals up... eh.. my grandmother could do it in the field and my kids mom demonstrated the ability... eh... I could do it (never have) but ... there would be some vomiting involved.

... Dont vomit on the thing you are sewing up
That is what my Grandmother would tell you.
She is still alive, but in some elderly trap.
She is holding out to be 100 years old.

She was one of the first women to break the gender barrier (this time around, we have short memory here in US)

Justin did a significant amount of the original groundwork for the hen-house. It still stands, he did good work. I did some artistry woodwork on the side, but he cut the mud steps out of the hill. Lol - he cut a pipe while he was at it - lol. Pipes running all over the place up there. ... The day before we had chopped so much wood that I collapsed. Had all these Fir rounds, 3 feet across, nothing but a couple of axes (not even Awl) - lol - those were the days.

Chickens are interesting, but mean little buggers.

I firmly believe that if chickens were 4x the height of men, they would peck out your eyes and eat your intestines. ... we could find out*

-methods

OK
Back on track

For years and years and years. . . I have failed to execute on the Floating Saltwater Ebike.

Failure after failure. . . because. . . not building a prototype is equivalent to failing, in engineering.

Things I learned
* Pulling a trailer was my favorite way to carry weight

Kids Trailer
Attaches to the rear axle
Spring on gyro to allow flex in all directions
2 wheels. . . tho... I never did get to evaluate a 1 wheel trailer. Those look... eh.. pretty boss.. ... I would want the weight REAL LOW so as not to get the tipping feeling.

I do not appreciate (in any way) a bicycle that feels like it wants to tip left or right due to excess weight. ... Nop ... too hard to recover from a bad situation.

I... Want to feel like I can bunny-hop a curb at any time.

... You can bunny hop a curb with a kids trailer*
Hopped all sorts of curbs at 35mph pulling a trailer.

Pulled the trailer with the Kona Stinky
Pulled the trailer with the Trike
Usually, forgot it was back there.

So
From that
Er... I am feeling like I need to pull the following lesson

* IF I am stuck in R&D and cant punch thru, then the best thing to do is reset assumptions*

* A floating bike DOES NOT need to carry the float-weight with it on board

That is the Keystone
The more you think about it, the more it will make sense.

The amount of time you are going to spend crossing something like a harbor. . . is a tiny fraction of the distance of your ride. You are going to want to

* Get your bike
* Get your float trailer
* Spend 30 seconds hooking them together

* Ride to boat launch
* Press button to inflate
* Stand around telling everyone how cool it is, distracting the harbor master from your launch fee :lol:

* Attach a few hitch points, to bind the floating mechanism to the center of mass

* Motor across the water

* Detach attachment points
* Kick the water off
* Push-pack it back together in the "Temporary Storage" mode, pull the tarp over it

(all there is is temporary storage. NObody wants so spend 30min tightly packing ANYTHING... so... forget that James Bond shit, let it be big and loosely packed)

* Leave the trailer behind (with a lock) and continue with your ride on the other side of the body of water.

On the return - basically the same thing.

OK
What I am seeing...

* Water Bike is ANY bike (with stainless components)
* Water specific stuff is on a trailer - any trailer you can get
* Inflation... ends up being long tubes*

... Long tubes... distribute the weight

Sigh
I am going to do it... it WILL BE ugly...

* Water bottles

Whatever it has to be for the prototype

* Broom stick
* Zip Ties
* 30 water bottles

... ANYTHING
As... the first thing we want to know is:: "How much water are we going to displace">??

-methods

I have to go write code for money now.

* State Machine driven Arduino
* CAN stack facilitating OTA
* Lots of peripheral interfacing
* Tight timing traps

1) Enter a given state
2) Check the time
3) Process
4) Check the time
5) Process any Error

In any kind of Firmware that controls something dangerous, you will find S T R I C T built in T E S T.

... As I have said many times, the key to doing something (that cant be done) is to do it as a T E S T. ... The Device itself, IS a "Tester"... and therefore it is quite friendly to Validation.

1) One Time Validation
2) Continuing Validation

Just... being in the field... IS YOUR VALIDATION

Because

* The Chicken can not come before the Egg

You will never be able to have a full size remote control car. . . if you dont collect LOTS OF FIELD DATA... and Field Data, must be Calibrated or of a Known Quality

Bah Blah Blah
(Building another full size Remote Control car for some crazy rich guy. I tried to convince him to do a full size remote control ebike first, or maybe a boat... but we are going for heavyweight.)

Anyway
I have seen more innovation and amazing ideas come together QUICKLY thru "the forum".

I can say
Without any doubt
That the person who wishes to be an Inventor. . .

Will do MUCH BETTER by sharing ideas, than by sitting at home, alone, trying to keep their ideas secret.

Failed Inventors?
Met many. All of them were focused on secrecy, bordering on Paranoid.

Hugely Successful Inventors?
Met a handful. Every one of them was more focused on seeing their invention come to be, rather than being the sole inventor.

There is NO SUCH THING as being the sole inventor of ANYTHING anymore... sigh.... ... ... all things are built upon the backs of those who came before us. Even the LANGUAGE we use is a part of the framework.

The Math we use
The Validations we rely on
The Assumptions and Algorithms and piece parts...

You cant build a good ebike without a Mosfet
You cant build a good ebike without good rubber
You cant build an ebike without good magnets. . .

All of it... Is the work of others. Many others. . . so... Please Share if you can.

If you want to be someone who changes the world in a positive way, ... the first step is to just come out and start working together with us. ... You will get much unwanted feedback. You will hear many negative things. ... this is a blessing.

-methods

I love recumbent bikes!

My favorite bike of all time is my tadpole recumbent. I spent many hours thinking of how it was built...

During the global minimum I sold my welder. Sorry I did so. I never even reversed the polarity and tried it on aluminum.

... I'm looking for a welder now. Something that'll go in the trunk of the car. Must be used...

Yesterday I saw someone bending heavy steel in the way I would need to bend it to build the trike. I was quite jealous. . .

... At the pace this fella was going he could have a bike frame worked out in a day...

... Based on what I learned watching Craig and Pavl, I know exactly how to get the mounting points perpendicular. . . Big jig. . .

... Doesn't matter how much the first one weighs. All that matters to me is the geometry. The comfort and how it takes the corners...

I'm quite comfortable riding a tadpole on two wheels, ... But... It's a flick of the wrist from total devastation. Right on that flipping tipping point. Cool at like 20 mph, pretty reckless at like 35.

... Hmmm
Recumbent Bikes. . .

-methods

Transmission Line Voltages

Transmission.png

I once validated this by crashing a foam airplane into the transmission lines. These were the "little guys" running up and down my street. The plane was made of EPP and internally it had carbon fiber spars. The impact was phenomenal. . . and you can see something similar by searching Youtube for trees hitting power lines.

Transmission1.png

Although I badmouth Youtube constantly. . . it is the great equalizer. Information has never spread so quickly. ... You DO have to watch out for faked video. . . but. . . for the most part. . .

[youtube]bnh1KN1IOyA[/youtube]

If you believe something is faked, you can always perform a "Scientific Experiment".
(Like the flat earth guy)

An example of an echo of an echo of an echo. . .

[youtube]TIlEYGFBECU[/youtube]

I can see where it gets very confusing for some folks.

Eh
While I was in Graduate School, I took a class in the Music Department. In this class we used MATLAB to programmatically dissect composed music to remove certain sounds. For instance. . . one project was to remove bird chirping from the background of a bunch of other instruments.

This is all done with Fourier transforms

and... in MATLAB you can see every single line of code that is operating. . . so you can back-prove it to all be true. The cool thing about MATLAB is that there is no magic. It only calculates formulas you give it. . . so . . . it is exactly the same as doing math on paper. . . except for it can do 10's of thousands of calculations in a blink of an eye...

So... something that would take you 400 pages to prove on paper. . .

Can be proven in just a few moments.

Anyhow
FFT's work perfectly on Audio. You start out with 1st order. . . just.. . stripping some frequencies. You get into (very quickly) "smoothing filters" that reconstruct the remaining "hole" where you removed your target.

... These filters go into the 2nd order, 3rd order, 4th order. . . they get extremely complex. They absolutely work... and you can most certainly post-process something in a way ... that ... the modifications CAN NOT be detected. Modifications cant be detected ... because of Compression Algorithms*

Anyhow

It is a tiny step (not a leap) to see how this works for video as well.

... At Gradschool... I also took a class in the Psych department. In this class we fundamentally decomposed the digital image. The class starts with an astounding presentation. Here is something similar

CMYK

Ok... so it is 4 colors

You can take these 4 colors... on VuGraphs
Show them one at a time
One looks yellow
One looks pinkish
One looks bluish
One is just black and white outlines

You can mix any two colors with the black... get various effects

... The mind is blown once you add all three colors to the black. In an INSTANT... the full, true, and correct picture E X P L O D E S into full and pure clarity. Not cartoony... not ... cheesy in any way... I am talking about Polaroid Perfect.

It is... Eeerie... to say the least.
(Still searching for a Youtube of it - tho - it is best in person where you can Inspect the materials!)

[youtube]9hirYMZ7PQc[/youtube]

CMYK works

(Still searching)

[youtube]IN9XFXfNSgQ[/youtube]

There we go!
Best video I can find at the moment.

The effect in the picture is a bit... eh... smudgy.... but... with VuGrahs (overheat Projector) it is extremely crisp

Add the Yellow
Add the Red
Add the Blue
Finish it with the black

... so
You can see how ... you can take a single frame of video... start breaking it down...

-methods

Boston Dynamics have been doing some pretty good fakes.

They have also been doing some pretty good Real Work

It gets VERY CONFUSING when someone wraps a Spoof around something that is already unbelievable. ... What you mostly want to focus on in this case is Efficiency and Energy Density.

... Accept that the Robots are real
Make a ballpark guess at the power they burn to move the weight.
Make a ballpark guess at the regenerative ability
Make a ballpark guess at the "range"

... so some folks are freaked about these robots. I am not. They do not have very good range yet :bolt:

-methods

Dig around for news in places like this

https://phys.org/news/2018-06-boston-dynamics-scary-robot-videos.html

-methods

So to answer the question (which was not asked here)

Yes they are real
Yes they are fake

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2019/6/17/18681682/boston-dynamics-robot-uprising-parody-video-cgi-fake

Dig around on page 3 of Google and read around.

-methods

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/robots/a29610393/robot-soldier-boston-dynamics/

Anyhow -
Choose your sources of truth. Evaluate closely. Come to conclusions based on multiple sources of truth.

It is true at times that non-fact can propagate from every direction and even from trusted sources. It is also true (if you know true scientists) that ... we do not appreciate this. . . and we quickly steer the conversation back to

REAL
vs
FAKE

This is fundamental.

... so
If you are currently upset with things you are seeing on the internet...

I suggest you find your "Sources of Truth" on sites that focus more on MEASUREABLE THINGS... like... Horsepower and Light Intensity.

... Maybe a little less Fox News - eh?

-methods

Scientific Method FTW

- Over Politics
- Over Business
- Over Sales
- Over Tyranny
- Over Violence
- Over Belief

Stick to what you can prove to be true
Stick with those who can prove what they believe

That is my advice. . . to . . . stay sane while the Internet moves into phase 2

If you think you are seeing "the internet" right now... you have a BIG WAKEUP CALL coming. The current "internet" is 2 dimensional, viewed 3rd person.

When you experience "the internet" first person in 3D... :shock:

then
... then... you are really going to need a firm grasp on reality.

-methods

methods said:
Transmission Line Voltages

Transmission.png

I once validated this by crashing a foam airplane into the transmission lines. These were the "little guys" running up and down my street. The plane was made of EPP and internally it had carbon fiber spars. The impact was phenomenal. . . and you can see something similar by searching Youtube for trees hitting power lines.

Transmission1.png

Although I badmouth Youtube constantly. . . it is the great equalizer. Information has never spread so quickly. ... You DO have to watch out for faked video. . . but. . . for the most part. . .

[youtube]bnh1KN1IOyA[/youtube]

If you believe something is faked, you can always perform a "Scientific Experiment".
(Like the flat earth guy)

it's not a clear video, but based on the phase to phase spacing of the conductors, it doesn't look like they are transmission lines, but distribution lines. If they were 345kV, then the phase to phase would be around 10 feet apart. My guess is 60kV distribution lines.

Behind on Posts, but let me get this review up.

Ordered 2 chargers from Hobby King
Ordered 1 more from Amazon when I thought they were going to be late.

Target
2S Surface Packs, lots of them

Deadline
8th (today) - both suppliers made it on time. Nobody screwed me around. ... On another topic, SWIM did place a rather large order from Big Battery Pack... I personally called in... I personally wrote in... to make sure they could make a shipment ... they took money and then completely hosed the deal. Ridiculous. No inventory control... clown show over there.

Proofs of Purchase
I dont get stuff for free
I dont get kickbacks
Nonathat... I buy shit and tell you how bad it sucks for free. That is my business model. :)

Here is the pile

IMG_20210108_062621_compress33.jpg

Here are the original proofs of purchase with Date

SortaBunk.png
The Amazon Chase order (not researched) above

NotBunk.png
The Hobby King order, researched... but when I went to order the parts I wanted were backorder (eh hem) . .. at least they have inventory management. Inventory management is the defining thing about a non-brick and mortar store.

So
What are the test Chriteria?

* Shall not light my lipo on fire
* Shall not totally suck ass by making me read 5 pages Chinglish just to start
* Shall actually charge my batteries

OK
And the winner is. . . Turnigy P403

Won by lapping the competitors by 15 laps. :D

WHY?

IMAX B6 failed right out of the gate and never even turned on. . . because it only accepts 12V input. The two competing chargers, they ... have AC in as well as DC in. VERY useful feature.

As for Scope Creep?
Listen... a charges job is to do one thing and do that well. Charge the F'ing batteries in a safe and sane way. KISS -> Keep It Simple Stupid... so... no points for having 15 levels deep menu. I... Liked that on my old iCharger, but that was long ago.

Ok
SO... First Impression?

P403
I plugged into it and it just magically started charging my 1.5Ah Nano at 3.0A... Perfect. After it completed a cycle, I plugged two different batteries into it... started charging them at 2.5Ah each. Perfect. One battery was a different size and different state of charge - no problem. ... Charges only thru the balance tap, so no need for 45 adapters on a dongle. All of those adapter dongles are sketcher-bullshit. Counterfeit connectors ganged together... nah dawg...

You charge hobby Lipo thru the taps bruh.

:warn:

SO....
The black one from Amazon - eh -
It charged my batteries.

* I had to navigate the menu a couple of times to figure it out. There are features in there...
* I had to plug in some big jenkem adapter, good thing it matches my pack... as I did not see Anderson on there.
* I Cant remember what the power was or what it started at. Er... I think it may be able to push a lot more current.

Ah yea - 150W
150W / 8.4V = Lots of current

So...
That will come in handy later. 10A charge as well as 2A discharge. Very useful.

SO

From the Small RC Hobby Pack perspective
From the "My kid is 8yo perspective"
From the "I charge at home and on the field" perspective
From First Impressions and hating to read menus
From wanting to charge multiple, different, 2S packs at a time...

The Turnigy P403 dominated.

Best Features
* AC or 12V powered
* Charges 2 packs at once
* Charges thru the taps requiring no fuss
* Requires no button pushing, just plug in and it works

Thanks Turnigy, for creating things which do not suck :mrgreen:

I have purchased thousands of dollars in Turnigy gear over the years (RC Flight)... I was always very happy with the Value.

.. The B6 (copy) comes in at a staggering last place
* Never got turned on
* Only rated for 50W while competitor is 150W
* Comes with a Jenk Adapter
* Is a copy... just... come on. FAIL.

The $18.69 I spent on that?
I consider the same as buying a hot girl a drink. Turns out ... she was a drunken hussy... and... that $20 was money well spent to find out right away. ... I will put the charger to use in a specialty project. It likely wont be used for what we are up to this weekend.

Coming in at a clear second place?
* A shipment from Amazon that landed on time (Logistics Man. . . )
* A ... perfectly functional piece of gear it seems
* Something that aught to be able to let me demonstrate to my son what "6C Charging" means :D

1.5A... over an hour
10A? :twisted:

I will let the smoke out of one of those little bastards.

anyway
Thoughts are complete.

* Hobby King FTW
* Amazon Prime FTW
* Turnigy FTW
* Bong rips in Elon's car FTW

-methods

E-HP said:
it's not a clear video, but based on the phase to phase spacing of the conductors, it doesn't look like they are transmission lines, but distribution lines. If they were 345kV, then the phase to phase would be around 10 feet apart. My guess is 60kV distribution lines.

Nice - I am learning something here for free :)

* Transmission Lines
* Distribution Lines
--Standoff Distances

Thanks bro
That was not even in my Vocabulary.

... I, .... in the past... crashed my RC plane into "Distribution Lines" then I suspect. It was in a residential, planned community along a golf course. When it hit the entire block went down, maybe 30+ houses.

-methods

A quick note on National Security for the new Vice President
(I voted for her... not him... eh hem)

Security thru Obscurity, or rather ... Security thru Silence.... is no longer a valid or accepted method

(blah blah blah)

Traditionally, a significant part of National Security is to ... not talk about things. That WAS a valid method and we can go into that for 75 pages. There is a big argument to back it and a foundational brick of that argument is ... the calculation which shows ... that it is much harder to ... (lets call it cause ruckus) around something that is masked in secrecy.

Trouble is

... You have to have metrics around how much of your information is Public vs Secret. :idea:

The cat is out of the bag on nearly all things that were traditionally protected thru hushed voices and small circles. The circles are now H U G E and there is absolutely, positively, NO WAY... anybody ... in analysis... could give you a VALID (non-aliased) number to plug into that formula.

... The only hope now is to Manage Security thru Mathematics. Assume the worst, calculate the holdoff, assume that is true.

* Use long passwords
* Dont write your passwords down
* Dont leave "Keys" on the clipboard.

Just the other day in a standard review I found a Security Key on the clipboard*

:mrgreen:

CTRL-V
Never know what you are going to find. If it is a terminal, click Paste.

SO
Remember to clear cache, clear memory, etc.

Eh
For Secrets at the WhiteHouse?

I have some advice :warn:

How about you try running a country WITHOUT keeping Secrets? :eek:
See if you can do that.

... There are many reasons to keep secrets. Two big ones are
- Terrorists
- Business Terrorists

A lot of secrets are kept to ... create the illusions that some insiders wont be able to jump the gun on Pork Barrel Projects. Trouble is, there is a very thin membrane between that rational and the use of power around the "War on Terror"... so... I dont think you will find much difference in the "HAMMER" used... to hit terrorists over the head... and the hammer used... to hit Truth Seekers over the head.

That is bad politics

... So
I totally understand the need for secrecy in Military Operations. I aske the question:: "Why are we Operating? To what Goal"?

I totally understand the need for secrecy around the timing of Money changing. Folks will run ahead of that and game the system. I would make it a 5 year prison sentence for anyone who tries to use insider information to skim unearned income off of institutionally scheduled changes.

I totally understand the need for secrecy around "Sensitive Information" - yea, I get it... you want to listen in on the Adversaries and not have them know it. ... eh... just remember that the database you are now sifting is 43 Trillion bytes and totally live. Just myself... I have posted Gigs and Gigs and Gigs... and (the most important part)... we can go back and edit that information at any time... so... it is not like you can "Make a pass" over the internet to ensure the Liberty and Safety of citizens

You cant
... You have to sift and sift and sift... always looking for changes in the information... or... you have to target people and RegX their comms...

Dude
All of that is a SUPER BAD IDEA

... Absolutely no different than skulking around outside the pub, listening at the window. Snoops and Sneaks... Shifty little tattle tales everywhere...

We already tried that. Sucks. Leads to things like

japanese_internment_camps_getty-615310630-feautre.jpg

Do not collect American Citizens and put them into camps. That is rude.

https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/japanese-american-relocation#:~:text=From%201942%20to%201945%2C%20it,rights%20in%20the%2020th%20century.

I got the story straight from a lady who had a Tattooed Wrist. Dont tell me what is and is not... appropriate to talk about.

Shit happens
... We just had a bunch of ass-clowns storm the Capital

Take it Serious
... Not because the shit-birds managed to kick in some doors. . . but... because of the RESPONSE that sort of thing unlocks. Its all in the books and published publicly. DO NOT... allow the Government to start treating its citizens as Terrorists.

Bad Idea

Almost as bad as ... kicking in doors at the Capital. I have done a lot of protesting.

* I totally dominated the lawn at Berkley
* I totally dominated a park in Oakland
* I totally dominated a parking lot in Santa Cruz

... Very big difference to ... go to the place where our Representatives collect... and wreck shop. I do not condone that action....

and in closing

I was once Caged for many hours for something like Inciting a Riot and Failing to Leave the scene of something deemed a Riot. Well... Guess what?

Trump absolutely caused those deaths.
I want to see him hang or rot.
He went too far.

-methods

I side with whatever party leans closer to things like

* The Scientific Method

* Working together on getting to Space instead of Killing each other

* Solving root cause of Social problems, not prison

... Economics do not enter into the logic AT ALL. Economics are Shot. Check the national debt. Both parties drained the credit card, went back for an increase, drained it again, went back for an increase...

All those arguments about Fiscal Responsibility are S H O T

The only hope now is to try and put SANE PEOPLE into power to make RATIONAL DECISIONS that are similar to COMPUTER SECURITY... where the ALGORYTHEM IS OPEN SOURCE and the power lays in how well you seed the calculation.

... Good leadership does not depend on Secrets and Power and Attacking people. Good leadership comes from making decisions which you can back-track to sound rational...

Logic
Reason
Scientific Method

... Any leanings toward

Domination of the world
My god is the only real god
We just have to kill all of them and then....

All that shit?
Works out to LOSE LOSE in the modified version of Prisoners Dilemma, the version where we play the game back to back to back while feeding back in the other players move on each new pass.

Its super simple

Any academic can explain it to you. Any game that plays by the old rules works out to LOSE LOSE for all players. You can not run a Zero Sum Country.

You have to run a WIN WIN country.

... Community Forums?
WIN WIN for the whole

That is why I hang out here, and not ... on some terminal... playing First Person Shooter games :roll:

Live the Dream

-methods

NOTE:

Remember that I spend the majority of my time talking to COMPUTERS. I am not... the soapbox preacher or the politician or the middle manager. I speak to Computers.

:wink:

Computers work only on computation. There are no emotions involved.

Computers now work on very complicated algorithms, you can think of it as "Game Theory". In the simplest terms, a computer can play a game over and over and over. From this... you can permutate out all possible outcomes. With more processing power, a computer can play game after game (trillions of them) while feeding in the previous games (takes a lot more resources)

Anyway

My point is that ... I have little to no interest in swaying the minds of humans. That is a trivial matter, best taken up by Sales Guys and Actors.

I talk strictly with Computers. . . and. .. they listen to me :D

Off to do my daily tasks.
Today it is

* Populating PCB boards using Solder Paste, Stencils, and IR Ovens (Making OEM goods)
* Writing Code that will control big hairy-scary Mechanisms
* Troubleshooting highly complex (pretty simple) Electronics Systems

... I use "Binary Search" in my troubleshooting. It is faster than Linear Method. **

-methods

My Build?

Suspended, pending the procurement of a "Bike Trailer" and some materials which displace water.

I will return in some number of hours, days, weeks, or months. Live the dream DIY brothers and sisters. This is a new reality and we are creating it. DO NOT... allow anyone to tell you how this game is played. The rules are not yet written.

-methods

I am on a Ryobi tear right now, converting a COTS bike over to tool pack
https://schindlerengineering.com/

IMG_20210403_115138_compress19.jpg

I know I should post here, but I dont want to argue... and I ... kind of enjoy doing it with no help.

Sitting in front of me

* 12S controller of unknown pedigree needing all new connectors
* 6S controller, known good and running on my Trike with a matched motor
* Unknown COTS controller that I need to get working but has various inputs

IMG_20210403_191105_compress73.jpg

I...
Am today converting 2pcs of P197 Ryobi over for some Ebike use. I have 1 functioning ebike and one almost functioning. The wife and kid are pedaling :D

The revolution is going well, but the national debt is a topic of avoidance.

PXL_20210403_202910275_compress61.jpg

SSDD otherwise
Working on Robots out in the bay.

-methods

Finally, a bike.

Lol.

Back