Bafang M500/M600 thread

mirkoser100 said:
What besst software are you using? And what’s the country setting? Try to use English setting

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I downloaded it via Bafang website so probably the latest version. Language set to English.

Here you can download the 1.2.23 version

https://bafang-e.com/fileadmin/Media/BESST/BESST_Setup_1.2.23.zip

mirkoser100 said:
Here you can download the 1.2.23 version

https://bafang-e.com/fileadmin/Media/BESST/BESST_Setup_1.2.23.zip

Thanks this worked perfectly

CiDi said:
Fraben said:
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my spider form my leader fox acron. He has a bafang m500 mid motor and the holles are stretched out, the bolts weren't tight as I drove around.
I want to buy a new spider, but I cant find them on the internet. I don't know the real name.
I thought: motor: m500 cl: 47.5 BCD: 104 Spider: EM33B.

Can someone help me? :bigthumb:

Try contacting CNE Bikes via Alibaba.

I found this one, but a bit expensive
https://christinibicycles.com/buy/buy-parts/

Hello guys

I have one M600 (48V 18A 45kmh). Anybody have tried add R005 shunt? Acording my calculations should be then up to 28.8A Will FETs stand it? Or stator temperature?

And second question.
Does it really work, just to send a code over CAN to update max speed and wheel circumference? Over relatively cheap CAN bus driver? I though it needs some authentification.

Adam271226 said:
Does anyone have a source to order just the controller for m600 motor?

Just the 510 https://california-ebike.com/product-category/parts/bafang-ultra/

DaDo.Bzz said:
Hello guys

I have one M600 (48V 18A 45kmh). Anybody have tried add R005 shunt? Acording my calculations should be then up to 28.8A Will FETs stand it? Or stator temperature?

And second question.
Does it really work, just to send a code over CAN to update max speed and wheel circumference? Over relatively cheap CAN bus driver? I though it needs some authentification.

To the first question, I can't answer the second question, it was really easy to change top speed with a cheap CAN interface

CiDi said:
DaDo.Bzz said:
Hello guys

And second question.

To the first question, I can't answer the second question, it was really easy to change top speed with a cheap CAN interface

Thanks mate. Gonna buy that can. Thanks a lot for tweaks, good job with that firmwares and python servers. Lets setup some page with only firmware topic.

Hello.

Anybody was experimenting with temperature sensor in M600? Knows somebody what aprox temperature it start to rump down current?

I haven't been active on this thread since page one much but have been following it with interest. The potential I saw in mid '19 for the M600 seems to finally becoming fulfilled. However there is still a question in my mind at least of the long term reliability of the motor and what Bafang is doing to address the issues?

I still have been riding TSDZ2 bikes because at least I can work on them, they are torque assist and throttle able, and they are cheap, which I am also. However as I have been happy to ride my old school hardtail conversions after recently riding a modern FS, Giant E+ Pro, I realize that I really should be riding a FS rig. No way I am going to own an eBike that doesn't have a throttle though and the M600 is still the target for me I feel. I have no interest in the Ultimate due to it's weight btw and don't require that much power on tap.

Probably should have pulled the trigger on the X1 when I had the chance but quite frankly I don't want a carbon frame. My interest at this time is the Bikes Direct model which is reasonably priced below $3k but I just wish they would have done some research on the geometry of the bike and not just gone cookie cutter Asian 5 yrs. ago geo. The components of a bike to me are somewhat expendible and can be tailored to suit my needs but a frame for me is for life. In the end I could probably live with it though as it is still more up to date than the bikes I ride now but geo has evolved and don't like the idea of starting out new with past spec.

Not much I can do about it as the BD bike won't be available til Spring earliest and Summer more likely due to supply chain issues worldwide. So I guess I am just venting with this post and feeling a bit blue.

Eye Test.jpg

Bigwheel said:
I haven't been active on this thread since page one much but have been following it with interest. The potential I saw in mid '19 for the M600 seems to finally becoming fulfilled. However there is still a question in my mind at least of the long term reliability of the motor and what Bafang is doing to address the issues?

I still have been riding TSDZ2 bikes because at least I can work on them, they are torque assist and throttle able, and they are cheap, which I am also. However as I have been happy to ride my old school hardtail conversions after recently riding a modern FS, Giant E+ Pro, I realize that I really should be riding a FS rig. No way I am going to own an eBike that doesn't have a throttle though and the M600 is still the target for me I feel. I have no interest in the Ultimate due to it's weight btw and don't require that much power on tap.

Probably should have pulled the trigger on the X1 when I had the chance but quite frankly I don't want a carbon frame. My interest at this time is the Bikes Direct model which is reasonably priced below $3k but I just wish they would have done some research on the geometry of the bike and not just gone cookie cutter Asian 5 yrs. ago geo. The components of a bike to me are somewhat expendable and can be tailored to suit my needs but a frame for me is for life. In the end I could probably live with it though as it is still more up to date than the bikes I ride now but geo has evolved and don't like the idea of starting out new with past spec.

Not much I can do about it as the BD bike won't be available til Spring earliest and Summer more likely due to supply chain issues worldwide. So I guess I am just venting with this post and feeling a bit blue.

This isn't a terrible deal... What do you think of the geometry on the E05?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/29er-Carbon-E-bike-SRAM-12s-Suspension-Mountain-bike-Bafang-Electric-Bicycle-20/174558544747?hash=item28a480036b:g:KckAAOSwasNdcMlI

Carbon eBikes, what a waste.

holophonic said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29er-Carbon-E-bike-SRAM-12s-Suspension-Mountain-bike-Bafang-Electric-Bicycle-20/174558544747?hash=item28a480036b:g:KckAAOSwasNdcMlI

That bike is basically the same as the BD one using what I am calling 4yr. old type:

BD

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 6.40.45 AM.png

dBay version

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 6.38.55 AM.png

Modern Geo taken from new Kona. Just an example but they are known for their progressive geo, other brands are somewhat similar with some taking things even more to the extreme. Mainly what you're looking at is shorter chainstays, steeper ST, slacker HT and longer reach for comparison.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 6.32.29 AM.png

Bigwheel said:
holophonic said:

That bike is basically the same as the BD one using what I am calling 4yr. old type:

OK, that helps. So the Hydra is not all the way there but not bad either?...

https://wattwagons.com/products/hydra

And which Dengfu frame is that? Custom to Wattwagons?

holophonic said:
Bigwheel said:
holophonic said:

OK, that helps. So the Hydra is not all the way there but not bad either?...

https://wattwagons.com/products/hydra

And which Dengfu frame is that? Custom to Wattwagons?

Nothing much different on the Hydra from A/4 that I can see. I don't care much for the motor orientation of the Hydra either vs the Motobecane

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 3.15.49 PM.png

I have no idea about the frame manufacture and as I said I have no interest in carbon as a frame material anyway.I'd ride a FS steel M600 bike if I thought I could find one cheap enough.

Adam271226 said:
Does anyone have a source to order just the controller for m600 motor?

You can try FLX bike.

https://flx.bike/collections/replacement-parts/products/controller-dz-multi

Be careful. I learnt the hard way. The controller is specifically matched to the display. I spent 1 year trying to fix my M600 bike which gave error 30 and eventually refused to power up. Changed cable and bought a colour 860c display but nil joy. Finally managed to get a controller and matching display DPC240 from FLX. Everything works fine now. The original fault turned out to be a dead switch!? The brand new 860c display did not work because it is not compatible with the controller. My thanks to FLX for the advice!

Is the controller matched to the engine?
I read that somewhere.

Another display than stock would be nice.
The Luna one would be the only option then?

Finally done

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_162808__01.jpg
    IMG_20210124_162808__01.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 4,145
c67a22232df5a3ad4627bbb788f266de.jpg

The brother..[emoji23]

M500 or M600 ?

Does it the new rev with battery cover modifications ? I am curious to see internal assembly.

mirkoser100 are you pro (MES-bike) ? If yes it will be interesting if you give possibility on your site to switch in english. For M500 it lack in europe an focal point to purchase dedicated spare parts.

CiDi said:
To use the BESST interface without having a Bafang account, follow these instructions:

The line: ip_lookup = socket.gethostbyname('besst-api.yuntick.com') in the script points to an invalid domain.
Making the script useless.

I really need to calibrate some Bafang Ultra controllers but never saw that option in the software when it worked.
Does anyone know the correct procedure for sensor calibration?

posi.jpg

Just be a bit careful with the position sensor calibration. It caused my motor to invert direction and spin backwards.

Interesting that the issue was saved to flash. Even turning the bike off and back on failed to restore the setting. For a month I was convinced it was some sort of internal failure, I pulled the motor apart but all bearings (one way) were fine. In the end, it made sense that a motor spinning backwards would cause the internals to free spin (because of the one-way bearing). So I thought I would try to redo the position sensor calibration and hey-presto. It inverted the direction again.

So just FYI...

Back