Charging two 3s LiPo in series - Balancer ports?

Maxid

100 mW
Me again with a question regarding my batteries.

I have a 6s charger with several ports for batteries ranging from 2S up to 6S.
Now I want to charge two 3S LiPos in series - so effectively 6S.
But I do not have a series adapter for the balancer cables and am wondering if I could just plug them into whatever two ports on the charger and it will work regardless.
Is that the case or is a series adapter for the balancer cables necessary?

The main power cables are connected via a series adapter - I am only asking whether multiple balancer ports can be used as is. There seems to be no information on this on the internet so I figured someone here might have had the same idea already.
I take out the batteries for charging anyway so this would just be to gain some charging speed with two batteries at the same time instead of one after the other.

Thanks a lot - looking forward to your responses.

What you need is this then:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9910__2_x_3S_gt_6S_Splitter_JST_XH_5pcs_bag_.html

WeeChumlee said:
What you need is this then:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9910__2_x_3S_gt_6S_Splitter_JST_XH_5pcs_bag_.html

Do I really need it? I know there are these kind of adapters, but can't the balancer ports on the charger already be "misused" to do the same?
So for example hook one 3S battery to the 3S balancer port and the other to the 4S port.

Wow this is a good idea! I just checked my iMax B6 charger, which is 6S capable, and the last four pins of the 6S terminal correspond to the 4 pins of the 3S terminal, so it would make sense that the bottom 4 pins of the 6S terminal could plug into one battery and the other battery could be connected to the 3S terminal. The output wires would also have to be series'd in the right way.

Check continuity between the pins with a multimeter, but I think you're on to something here. Please don't blame me if this fails and your charger goes boom...

Note: Don't just plug the things in anywhere, make sure you use the first/last (depending on how your charger is wired) 4 pins of the 6S and the 4 pins of your 3S. If your charger matches those 4 pins of the 3S somewhere in the middle of the 6S, you're out of luck.

Note 2: Make sure you plug the right battery into the right set of balance ports. The order matters.

Back