LFP reverse polarity.

I ordered some 26650 cells. from Higher Wire. Probably going to order the larger 15 Ah cells in about a week.

I am doing the building upgrades. for the solderless packs I created. 8 gauge copper for parallel connections.

I used 10 gauge industrial grade wire soldered to ring terminals for series connections.

Then I changed my mind and went and did the connecter with the 8 gauge. I just ran out of solder though so will need to get some.

As for the 140 cells from Batt. Hookup. I will use the 36 cells that tested > 2.8V,Most of them are around 3.3V. Maybe 10 or 12 were lower. I will mix those with the cells I just ordered from Higher Wire. When I get them.

All cells lower than 2.8V went in another bin and sadly about half out of 140 cells were zero volts. A few even reversed polarity

36 cells for $30 is not too bad I guess. paid $90 and got $60 refunded. The $30 was shipping cost.

Higher wire tests them and about a buck a cell so I hope the cells test like they say. I can do capacity tests with either of my 6S LiPo chargers. I can test a few of the good Batt Hookup and then test a few from Higher Wire.

Then when I mix them I can calculate capacity for at least a ball park estimate.

Thanks.

Skyler out.

Last edited:
Ok, I have done some wild stuff in my life, but recently (while reading these forums and looking at the hydrogen cels) I pinged a buddy that is an electrical Engineer and a riot to talk to. I asked him about hydrogen cels for an e-bike, his response "Are you frocking insane? the internal pressure on those things is over 60 bars, you are gonna strap that to a bike, next to your pecker and go run into things? Well tell your wife I am still single" Like I said, he is a riot.

In any case, I see what you are doing, and you complained in another thread about not wanting a chintzy chinesium spot welder. Then you put screws above your cels with a board on them and are gonna go for a wobble on a bike. Brother, buy the 80 dollar spot welder like I did. I am like 10k welds out of it with absolutely no problem, just sign up at vevor for the notify me when they are in stock and hope you beat everyone else to ordering next time one shows up.

While what you did will... kind of be ok... I see that as a failure in slow speed, eventually it will stop buffering and move you directly to F-town.

Now understand, I am a retired military officer, I have heard of diplomacy but she didn't go to the cheap arse uni I graduated from so while i know *of* diplomacy I have never really met the lass. What you have will work, but every failure you have you need to stop and consider if this bus is the cause of your problems. and also, look into the phsysics of transfer of DC across physical medium. I have a resident Cancer patient/physicist in the next room, i get to cheat and by "look up" I mean yell out my door a question I am too lazy to google, so I have it easy. After years with a physicist friend I would suggest that you look at the more complex side of things enough to learn it is wierd and scary and probably has a lot to do with the failures you have ran into.

yea.

I still have the cells. Done with ebikes indefinably. Spouse of 26 years passed on Christmas night. Heart attack at 81. I moved to a small room and still have four ebikes here and all the rest of my stuff in a small trailer. I have been walking miles every day and went from 225 down to 208 NOT riding them so am done with all that. Maybe summer time I will order a 30 Ah factory built battery. Maybe or maybe not. Looking to sell most of it. The batteries I built failed. Even the LTOs.. I am all done wasting my $$$. I just can not afford it anymore as have to pay all my bills myself,

If I get banned so what. Just here to say goodbye to anyone who knows me.

Thanks

Skyler out.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Building batteries is a complex thing to do. I enjoyed reading of your experiments.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I can not reccomend strongly enough, GET IN A GROUP. When I buried my daughter is was like someone sucked my soul out through my arse. It still hurts daily, and it has been like 7 years. Learning to cope is not something you can just pull out yer bum I assure you.

And if anyone gives you shit about it, refer them to me. Retired soldier, multiple awards and commendations, I recommend getting with a group that can help you through the rough patches.

I used to think Therapy was for the weak, Then I self assigned anger management and will say, the quality of therapists is all over the map, but groups that focus on loss are generally always managed by someone that has lived it. even without that, shared pain lessens it while shared happiness increases the sum.

The backwards math of mental health.

Best of luck, if you want a voice on the phone let me know, I will listen.

Back