Cycle Analyst throttle Settings for Em3ev mac and infineon

Ian

100 W
I am Running 12S lipo on a em3ev Mac with infineon controller, CA V3, and would like to know if I can smooth out the throttle a little bit more. I was thinking of geting a grin phaserunner but they are out of stock until next summer. I use the CA auto cruise feature quite a lot and might fit a basic PAS onto the bike to avoid throttle use also.

Basic operation is ok, but it is still a bit twitchy and there is some mild oscillation at some speeds when on auto cruise. Has anyone with similar setup fine-tuned the Cycle Analyst throttle settings to as good as it can be? I am looking through some of the CA advanced settings and am not sure which are relevant and which not; and I don't want to get into counter productive tinkering.

Shunt value: checked and correct
Control Mode: pass-thru. Is there a recommended "closed loop" throttle mode that might be better ? Choices are current, power, and speed.
Throttle Uprate: I have reduced the value here with good results, it has definitely helped with a smoother progression of power from a stop.

Thanks for any advice
Ian

Smooth throttle - I found I needed to reduce the phase amps to smooth the throttle. This is can done with a programming cable on the controller.

Twitchy autocruise and pas - I think this is more to do with 'Speed' throttle of infineon. I found this very hard to tune. Suggest looking at https://ebikes.ca/documents/CaV3_UUG_3-0e.pdf
4-7 to 4-9.. Test Throttle and Limit Settings (Interpreting Limit Flags)
and Appendix F. Speed Gain Adjustment Procedure

I found VESC controllers to be smooth-ish on speed/amp limits using PAS with CA. These have Current based throttles. Same as Phaserunner.

another alternative is to use the cruise control feature of the infineon controller, rather than the CA.

Best of luck!

Thanks for advice. A CA teaching video did mention lowering the upper voltage of the throttle to limit any oscillation. Also, I'll add a basic PAS to the bike with digi input.

Back